Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

Blackstone Flat-Bottom V Thread

Had mine done up in Oakville - I normally skate on 3/4, so the closest FBV equivalent was 90/75. I've only skated once, but I concur with your comments about the superb glide. I didn't notice the difference in the cuts and turns though. Thumbs up overall !

Did they mark you down in the Log Book for reference?

Had mine done up in Oakville - I normally skate on 3/4, so the closest FBV equivalent was 90/75. I've only skated once, but I concur with your comments about the superb glide. I didn't notice the difference in the cuts and turns though. Thumbs up overall !

Did they mark you down in the Log Book for reference?

Not sure if it matters, I live in Florida and was up there for holiday. As soon as a shop starts an "FBV by mail", I'm on it.

OTG...I think that it won't be long before this becomes a standard request from those who are keen about hockey.

I am in Toronto...Markham is the closest for me in the existing list (they need a new 100/75 spinner though). Wishing you could get it to the Yonge and Sheppard location - guessing that they don't have a Blackstone.

Anyhow...had my son try the 95/75 (I think?) when the 100/75 wasn't available. He felt it to be a little too slippery, but I have to tell that I don't think that has ever skated better or more fluidly.

I do have one question for you though about profile: If a skater tends to slip a little in his stride as he reaches the toe flick, is there anything that he could change in the profile, that would help this?

Also, have you noticed any changes to profile that compliment or generally go well with the change to FBV ?

Thanks

Jordan, Replacement is on its way and should be there by Tuesday at 10am! If it was shipped as it should have been....cough cough.....LOL

OTG...I think that it won't be long before this becomes a standard request from those who are keen about hockey.

I am in Toronto...Markham is the closest for me in the existing list (they need a new 100/75 spinner though). Wishing you could get it to the Yonge and Sheppard location - guessing that they don't have a Blackstone.

Anyhow...had my son try the 95/75 (I think?) when the 100/75 wasn't available. He felt it to be a little too slippery, but I have to tell that I don't think that has ever skated better or more fluidly.

I do have one question for you though about profile: If a skater tends to slip a little in his stride as he reaches the toe flick, is there anything that he could change in the profile, that would help this?

Also, have you noticed any changes to profile that compliment or generally go well with the change to FBV ?

Thanks

Jordan, Replacement is on its way and should be there by Tuesday at 10am! If it was shipped as it should have been....cough cough.....LOL

Hey back off potter. dont give me the order you know It wont be shipped. lol

Just a comment, I met Steve from Blackstone at the MSH skate and he was super cool. He gave me a sharpening tutorial and couldn't have been a nicer guy!

I decided to buy a sharpener for financial reasons, 4 pair of skates to sharpen at $5 each is killing me. I have been waiting since November to order an X01 and they are not shipping until January (originally November).

I have spent over $100 on sharpenings since I decided to buy so each week I cannot get one the actual cost goes up $20 for me.

I realize the benefits are great but is it seriously worth the wait, I can have a Wissota or EZ sharp in my hands with in a matter of an hour because they are local.

I have 3 friends that have sharpeners and I coach 2 teams and run an association. The dads are chomping at the bit for me to get the X01 so they can decide what to buy. Every practice someone is asking if I got it yet.....my answer, nope not shipping yet. Bummer and frustrating.

Every day I check this site, I get a bit more disappointed.

Edited by mnpucker

I sharpened mine at the skate and let me tell you...

You look at the hollow and it's so small.

You make a turn on ice and you hear crunch, crunch, crunch.

You skate in a straight line and you're floating on top of the surface.

That's all I have to say about that.

I sharpened mine at the skate and let me tell you...

You look at the hollow and it's so small.

You make a turn on ice and you hear crunch, crunch, crunch.

You skate in a straight line and you're floating on top of the surface.

That's all I have to say about that.

JR, that's exactly how I would describe it too. It's like floating on air. I kept laughing to myself when I would go to the bench for a change at open hockey. I was just coasting and still had to slam the brakes on because I was still going way too fast from what I'm used to.

Absolutely amazing. I'll never go back to a regular sharpening.

All I have to say is UL had better get the timing correct on the X01......as I know that Steve is having increased traffic for the X01, and many people (ahem.....!!!!!) anxiously awaiting their X01's complete with FBV's. ;)

Nah, I didn't get it done at the skate.

I knew it was going to good, but didn't want to try something new just before skating with dudes who were a lot better than me... :lol: Just a familiarity thing. I'll get it done, go to a public skate, then use it in a game.

I mail my blades off anyway, so I'll probably be able to try them out next week.

Edited by johnpace2

Hey Bob,

Go to Sorrentino's I think they are doing it.

Steve,

Anyone in NY with this yet?

Thanks, Bob

Thanks Steve! Just now I called those guys and they said that they had it in 3/8 and 1/2. What does that equate to? I was expecting them to know a little more.

Edited by Powerfibers

Give me a call tomorrow so that we can knock out your custom spec.

OOOOH OOOOH !

Me too! :P

Post pics of those bad boys johnpace2....and thanks for the hookup on the ride to the airport. It was COLD on Sunday, even at 7:30. We need to plan some open hockey at Kettler when I am in the DC area...and spend just as much time at RFD as the Verizon Center for some Caps games! B)

It will have more of a 1/2 " feel to it but you will fly. It will take you a few laps to warm up to it and then you will be off to the races.

Hey Bob,

Steve,

Thanks, Bob

Thanks Steve! Just now I called those guys and they said that they had it in 3/8 and 1/2. What does that equate to? I was expecting them to know a little more.

It will have more of a 1/2 " feel to it but you will fly. It will take you a few laps to warm up to it and then you will be off to the races.
Hey Bob,

Steve,

Thanks, Bob

Bad news. When I got there, they told me they had packed the FBV spinner up. They were too hesitant to keep the FBV spinner and were sending it back.

Hey Bob,

Steve,

Thanks, Bob

Bad news. When I got there, they told me they had packed the FBV spinner up. They were too hesitant to keep the FBV spinner and were sending it back.

WHAT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>........I cant believe that......I dont live anywhere near there but I can tell you my guys all love theres.....

Now available in

Brampton

Concord

Oakville

Markham

London

Sorry, I have no control over what people do in there shop. It is too bad they have the technology to do it but maybe are not that familiar with it. I will call them tomorrow.

Goddamnit....I can't remember the last time I paid for a skate sharpening....and trying to wrap my mind around that concept is very strange to me - but it looks like I might have to take a few pair of steel (and a couple bucks) up to the GTA next time I'm across the border and have a few free hours to kill.

Don't worry, pics will be posted as soon as they arrive! :lol:

Yeah man, we should definitley get together! Thanks for all the good advice you gave me about custom skates too! MSH folks are good people for sure.

Give me a call tomorrow so that we can knock out your custom spec.

OOOOH OOOOH !

Me too! :P

Post pics of those bad boys johnpace2....and thanks for the hookup on the ride to the airport. It was COLD on Sunday, even at 7:30. We need to plan some open hockey at Kettler when I am in the DC area...and spend just as much time at RFD as the Verizon Center for some Caps games! B)