Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mgoblue

Biggest Busts

Bauer Endure OPS was a bust. CCM 952 woodies with the honeycomb shaft were a bust. CCM Edge skates were a bust. A lot of Mission protective was a bust.

The Curtis Curve is not a bust, many love it and still use it. I had one, a VIC in the early 80's, in fact it's up in the rafters in my garage. for sale, best offer :) I personally didn't like it but I have lots of people ask for it. I've been selling the Eagle version, no problem. Goalies still like it.

what about the tps rubber shaft..i think thats a bust

What? That thing sold tons of units and they were tanks.

what about the tps rubber shaft..i think thats a bust

What? That thing sold tons of units and they were tanks.

Yeah, I loved mine, I wish they still sold them.

Busts I believe:

Bauer XX ops

NBH XXXX ops

Warrior Kronik ops

reebok 7k (both original and sickick) ops

reebok 9kO ops

The Vapor XX OPS was a huuuuuge seller for shops. It put Bauer on the map for OPS as everything before it was a flop.

TPs Rubber was not a bust, nor was the vapor XX or the Sickkick. A Rubber response was more of a bust and so is NHL 2K anything

the orignal clear tuuk holders circa late 80's. not the new blue ls2 power. though i wish i could still find some in 306

the northland helmet, canadian helmet

TPs Rubber was not a bust, nor was the vapor XX or the Sickkick. A Rubber response was more of a bust and so is NHL 2K anything

Disagree. NHL 2K3 and 2K5 were extremely solid and easily the best hockey games on the market, especially back when EA's NHL series was in the toilet. It wasn't until NHL '07 when EA finally started to get it right (again).

Probably the Oakley Jawbone or whatever it was called. That thing looked like a paintball mask.

Anyone else remember the Oakley Mace hockey gloves? Those things were harsh overpriced. I think Souray wore those?

Probably the Oakley Jawbone or whatever it was called. That thing looked like a paintball mask.

Anyone else remember the Oakley Mace hockey gloves? Those things were harsh overpriced. I think Souray wore those?

Those gloves still pop up at my local Oakley outlet from time to time for $40.

I had a Mission Carbster and I hated it. I had sweat dripping off my face after the first shift with that thing and it seemed like it went down too far on my neck.

Oh the Bauer Endure...that thing was indestructible. I sold one a couple months ago that I had used for over a year and it still looked brand new. Shame that they felt like they were about 30 flex stiffer than they were.

I still have my eye out for a 67 flex original Endure PM9 lefty ;)

Those gloves still pop up at my local Oakley outlet from time to time for $40.

I had a Mission Carbster and I hated it. I had sweat dripping off my face after the first shift with that thing and it seemed like it went down too far on my neck.

I agree that the Carbster was a bust in a lot of ways, but on a personal note i loved mine

I agree that the Carbster was a bust in a lot of ways, but on a personal note i loved mine

n292000140_98488_8569.jpg

There were a select few who could pull it off...

Offset blade essentially made a half inch curve into a larger curve, making it easier to lift the puck on the forehand.

I remember when they first came out, some were saying it was to help teach proper form on slapshots by forcing kids to shoot behind the puck.

Didn't Bauer have some funky way of attaching a blade to a shaft?

That would be the Harpoon Latch system. I just glued those blades in.

I think most people did, I liked the blades, but the rubber teeth were lacking. Glad you remembered the name or I'd be searching for it now.

The Vapor XX OPS was a huuuuuge seller for shops. It put Bauer on the map for OPS as everything before it was a flop.

I really liked the look of the original and it did well around here, but the follow-up ones (with two colours) had alot of trouble around here.