Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mgoblue

Biggest Busts

A few more, some that I'm not sure about:

Tuuk V2 blades.

Kor skates, maybe (?): good product, but tough competition and the marketing strategy didn't work out.

CAG-1 auto skate sharpener and profiler (?).

Bauer Tri-Flex OPS.

Bauer Vapor shafts.

Busch graphite OPS (?)

Winn-well long cuff gloves (?)

Attack triangle

Hockey stride weight machine (don't recall the name) with 45-degree angled sliders, looked like a nautilus machine.

I will add to the list here, but first the products that should still be in the market:

3 Finger gloves: This is still one product that should be in the market, especially for kids. Anybody under the age of 7 should use these. Much more control of their stick. I personally loved it on my bottom hand (hated on my top hand). Also, I think a goalie company should have a three finger blocker...

PRT replacement blades - These blade were a bit heavier, but they were great for hockey. They lasted forever, and still gave the wood feel.

Metamorphic Shaped shafts (i.e. thin Dangler) - These just felt great in your hand

DNA Lacing (non plastic - the first generation) - The 1st generation DNA lacing worked incredible. The fit and wrap you could get around your foot will never be matched by traditional eyelets. The plastic one sucks...We know that...

Mission's EPP Shin Guards - Yes they were a bit wide, but they were so light an so protective. Just needed a better graphic package.

Carbster - But it only looked good in Medium/Large size. If you were any other size it looked awful)

Now for the products that sucked:

Offset hosel replacement blades - These ones were awful...Looked like a golf putter

Power Plug - This was the weird thing you would put in the Butt end of your stick.

Drive Shaft on Blade Holders - The main reason Mission Steel broke back in the day

Mission 50 Helmet - UGLY

Plastic DNA Strands - Enough Said

688 bearings - concept is great, but wheels weren't

I could go on and on....

The Cascade helmet, I remember the hype but there has been no mention of it since. I don't think I've even seen any one wearing one

I've seen a few in the local beer league. one guy even did the mix and match color thing. the main color is white, the back panel is red and the guy put little blue stars all over the top. we call him Captain America. :lol:

Hockey stride weight machine (don't recall the name) with 45-degree angled sliders, looked like a nautilus machine.

Haha I remember seeing ads for this in USA Hockey back in the day. Thought it was going to be the best invention ever. Kinda killed by treadmill skating i suppose?

what about the tps rubber shaft..i think thats a bust

What? That thing sold tons of units and they were tanks.

Yeah, I loved mine, I wish they still sold them.

My wish is for the TriCore to make some kind of return. I loved the square shaft version.

Anybody mention the ugly sister of the LocJaw, the Bauer Harpoon Latch system on replacement blades? I just had to heat one up in an old Easton shaft! Timing is everything.

what about the tps rubber shaft..i think thats a bust

What? That thing sold tons of units and they were tanks.

Yeah, I loved mine, I wish they still sold them.

My wish is for the TriCore to make some kind of return. I loved the square shaft version.

I still have one square Tricore the cherry color and two of the aramid pine looking shafts.

I love those sticks. Great feel, and real tough.

There was one simple solution for Harpoon - take the cross-grinding wheel to it and shave off the fins. After that, just put glue and you're good.

To this day I was NEVER able to pop off a Harpoon. My boy Shawn was a pro at it.

There was one simple solution for Harpoon - take the cross-grinding wheel to it and shave off the fins. After that, just put glue and you're good.

To this day I was NEVER able to pop off a Harpoon. My boy Shawn was a pro at it.

we had about 100-150 of the Harpoon tape/sandpaper sets at work. We took them out and just use them for butt ends and blades now when we have to. At least they serve some sort of purpose today.

I do not know if they were a huge bust do you remember about 12 or so years ago CCM came out the the skates with kevlar (752 I think).

This thread isn't about naming old product.

752s were popular.

EDGEs however, were not.

I do not know if they were a huge bust do you remember about 12 or so years ago CCM came out the the skates with kevlar (752 I think).

This thread isn't about naming old product.

752s were popular.

EDGEs however, were not.

My vote for all time fugliest skate ever.

I would buy another pair of the 752's in a heartbeat.

What about those CCM Externo skates.

I don't think I have ever seen anyone wearing those.

I didn't start this thread, but it's seriously going into "name an old product" instead of a bust.

Correct me if I am wrong but when I think of "bust," I think of a product that came out and wasn't tweaked or made into another line - it just straight disappeared. Externo won't qualify b/c it became Vector.

bust or not that black steel is the shit

It's silver.

Kevlar palms (Itech I-90)? My friend wishes to god he could still find a pair though....

Not a bust, was too expensive a glove at the time.

Correct me if I am wrong but when I think of "bust," I think of a product that came out and wasn't tweaked or made into another line - it just straight disappeared.

That was the idea, yeah. Even more noteworthy are those that were hyped up by their producer, like the 9k O-Stick for example.

Parts of equipment, too - like the short-lived synthetic tongues on the One90 skates.

Correct me if I am wrong but when I think of "bust," I think of a product that came out and wasn't tweaked or made into another line - it just straight disappeared.

That was the idea, yeah. Even more noteworthy are those that were hyped up by their producer, like the 9k O-Stick for example.

Parts of equipment, too - like the short-lived synthetic tongues on the One90 skates.

9kO is now in it's second iteration with the 8.0.8 coming out. None of the sticks from the current "geometry war" have gone the way of the dodo, so they haven't flopped.... yet. And CCM looks to be joining with the Octo Gun.