Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mgoblue

Biggest Busts

I don't know about the short ST blades, but the red ones had pretty good feel and were incredibly durable.

But are they around anymore? Im not talking about durability/performance, Im talking about design. They went back to the long hosel.

I don't know about the short ST blades, but the red ones had pretty good feel and were incredibly durable.

But are they around anymore? Im not talking about durability/performance, Im talking about design. They went back to the long hosel.

The standard blades look like they are. The short hosel blades seemed like a good idea, but with standard shafts being so short already, they probably didn't work well for most folks.

Would the old titanium blade on some skates be considered a bust? It was just a golf coloured coating I think that chipped off when sharpened sometimes... These only were around for a couple seasons at best!

Or didn't Cooper make a skate that was short lived (bust - not sure) called Roos?

How bout mission's 3 finger glove?

still have 2 pairs of 3 finger wicked light gloves. i loved those damn things. Then i came up on some X72's...all of a sudden the wicked lights didn't mean so much to me anymore lol

Wouldn't a titanium blade be way better? Lighter, stronger, no rust and hold sharpens longer. They do them for figure skates. Imagine how light a pair of easton's would be with a ti blade on them, put step steel out of business.

+1 on the thermablade shit, they disappeared real fast.

Well, would you pay that much for something that doesnt work?

I'm just saying that they lost all the hype that they had. I remember how they had Gretzky endorsing it and in the last year it all just dissappeared.

How bout mission's 3 finger glove?

still have 2 pairs of 3 finger wicked light gloves. i loved those damn things. Then i came up on some X72's...all of a sudden the wicked lights didn't mean so much to me anymore lol

Same here. I was in love with my mission 3 fingers, until I got my X70's :)

Wouldn't a titanium blade be way better? Lighter, stronger, no rust and hold sharpens longer. They do them for figure skates. Imagine how light a pair of easton's would be with a ti blade on them, put step steel out of business.

And about 3 times more expensive. But yeah, that would be sweet.

Si core was a bust. Mission had a lot of busts. They always toed the line between gimmick and innovation.

and thats why we all miss mission

Si core was a bust. Mission had a lot of busts. They always toed the line between gimmick and innovation.

Why is everyone saying the sicore was a bust? I loved those sticks, just about everyone ran out and bought one when they came out, i dont think they were breaking that much. I still have 2 in fine shape left over i use on pond hockey and what not, what was so bad about them? They also spawned an entire stick revolution with putting the foam in the core of the blades which also made them much more balanced and the feel thing wasn't substantial but it was noticeable. If you ever used a graf stick, youd come to realize the foam is partially the reason there so tough and have such good feel. Also the reason there so heavy.

Why is everyone saying the sicore was a bust? I loved those sticks, just about everyone ran out and bought one when they came out,

I think that is one of the reasons the Si-Core was a bust. They were hyped as the greatest stick innovation ever. Everyone fought to get one. Then a year later Si what?

Why is everyone saying the sicore was a bust? I loved those sticks, just about everyone ran out and bought one when they came out,

I think that is one of the reasons the Si-Core was a bust. They were hyped as the greatest stick innovation ever. Everyone fought to get one. Then a year later Si what?

Yeah, but to be fair they did kinda start a pretty big trend. They made composite sticks feel alive. Same with the nike skates, one of the first lines started soft boot construction where they had stiff outer layers and gel on the inside at a time when skates were just piles of leather and other materials. Sure the skates sucked, but they spawned bigger things, thats why for me the sicore wasnt a bust. I'd have to say the o stick is a bust, the new ones wont catch on any better, its just a gimmick.

Yeah, but to be fair they did kinda start a pretty big trend. They made composite sticks feel alive. Same with the nike skates, one of the first lines started soft boot construction where they had stiff outer layers and gel on the inside at a time when skates were just piles of leather and other materials. Sure the skates sucked, but they spawned bigger things, thats why for me the sicore wasnt a bust. I'd have to say the o stick is a bust, the new ones wont catch on any better, its just a gimmick.

I'll never forget the people raving about how much better their pro stock si-core was, only to cut the blade open when it died and find out it was just an orange synergy. They also had really severe problems splitting along the bottom of the blade, something Easton fought with for a few years after that. The first generation Synthesis blades still had the same problems.

Could the CCM Rocket Runner concept be considered a failure or is it too soon?

The Rocket runner wasn't a failure, it is a great product. Sharpeners who didn't know how to sharpen it properly, they were the failure. They were the ones who turned customers off to it. Many thought it was the blade and just didn't know it was just an incorrect sharpening.