Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interpathway

Home Theaters

ohhhhhhh, I love paradigm. I got a SWEET deal on studio 100 reference monitors and a 10" seismic sub about 6 years ago and they sound better today than almost everything I hear now. I'm a 2 channel guy. all music. have never really been interested in the surround sound experience at home. although now that we have a new flat panel LED, I'm tempted to buy in with a half decent setup just for the he'll of it.

Anyone have any advice when it comes to making your surround sound wireless?

Don't, unless you don't mind crappy sound. What's the point of having Dolby True HD or DTS-master, when your going to compress the crap out of it for a wireless setup.

best advice: do a really good job hiding the wires

Costco has begun selling the Optoma HD 180 at their stores and online for $899. From what I've been reading, it's very similar -- if not almost a copy -- of the HD 20 which I own. As I've mentioned earlier in the thread, as the source becomes better (such as Pixar Blu-Rays), the picture is outstanding. And that's projecting it onto a 10-foot screen, since our room has a bit of length to it; the picture would probably be better if the screen was smaller.

Anyone have experience ordering replacement bulbs for front projection systems? Need a new lamp (and housing) for my Screenplay 4805. I've seen tons of replacement bulbs on various sites throughout the internet... just wondering if anyone can vouch for a great customer experience.

Anyone have experience ordering replacement bulbs for front projection systems? Need a new lamp (and housing) for my Screenplay 4805. I've seen tons of replacement bulbs on various sites throughout the internet... just wondering if anyone can vouch for a great customer experience.

Just bought the LG HT904PA 5.1 surround sound for an unreal price. Great sound, especially for my 12x12 off campus room that already houses a queen size bed, mini fridge and 32" flatscreen.

Hey guys, need some advice. I'm not much of an audiophile but I've got a chance to buy a JVC SP-C220 for $75, practically brand new. Any ideas, thoughts, reviews? Thanks for any input.

Just bought the LG HT904PA 5.1 surround sound for an unreal price. Great sound, especially for my 12x12 off campus room that already houses a queen size bed, mini fridge and 32" flatscreen.

God, I f#ck^ng miss college.

So I cam across a promo from the Sony Store (Canada/CAD prices follows).

http://www.sonystyle.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=20153&catalogId=100803&langId=200&productId=8198552921666284250&XID=0:BraviaQ3:Yahoo_300x250

I was hoping some experienced MSH members might think of this packaged value.^^^

the $1,599 is for the 3DTV ONLY, add $200 for the package itself. so it comes to $1,799 +tax for this bundle. The 3DTV at its advvertised value has been marked down by $1,000, so the Sony rep says.

I was thinking about going for the 3D package as an X-mas present for myself, but thought I would want to make sure it is a good deal for its value. Or perhaps, there might be something better in terms of quality for the same price :S

Thanks

EDIT: Is 120Hz on a 3D sufficient enough, of should I go higher?

So I cam across a promo from the Sony Store (Canada/CAD prices follows).

http://www.sonystyle.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=20153&catalogId=100803&langId=200&productId=8198552921666284250&XID=0:BraviaQ3:Yahoo_300x250

I was hoping some experienced MSH members might think of this packaged value.^^^

the $1,599 is for the 3DTV ONLY, add $200 for the package itself. so it comes to $1,799 +tax for this bundle. The 3DTV at its advvertised value has been marked down by $1,000, so the Sony rep says.

I was thinking about going for the 3D package as an X-mas present for myself, but thought I would want to make sure it is a good deal for its value. Or perhaps, there might be something better in terms of quality for the same price :S

Thanks

EDIT: Is 120Hz on a 3D sufficient enough, of should I go higher?

I stay away from Sony, especially at the Sony store. In the industry the Sony store is merely thought of as a showroom for their products. There are many better companies making better products (including Sony's).

At home I have a 46" mounted Sharp LCD coupled with a Yamaha receiver and Energy 5.1 surround sound and subwoofer all built in and mounted. It also connects to ceiling kitchen speakers and outside speakers. Picture and sound are great.

So, all you guys here are home theater junkies. Whats the best set up if Im looking for some nice speakers, a 42"ish flat screen, and a blu-ray player. Ideally, would like to keep it under a grand, but since it is Black Friday when I will hopefully be getting most stuff, I should be able to get some pretty good deals.

Does anyone know off hand if a Seagate 1TB external HD (Model: ST310005EXA101-RK) will work with a Bell HD Receiever (Model: 6131). I know that they say it has to be 40-750G...but a friend of mine got a 1TB LaCie drive (the one Bell recommends) and it worked with no problems.

Okay...no bites on that one...does anyone know if you can use a regular internal drive in one of those External enclosures to make it USB connective on a Bell 6131?

Hmmm...back again for insight into a problem with my Home Theatre.

I have a Sony Bravia TV....bought a Sony Suround sound. TV/Sat & Blu-Ray all work great. The problem is with the Wii. (Save your chirps about having Wii instead of XBox and PS3 for later...lol)

Using the R/W/Y RCA plugs. Yellow goes to Video 2 on the TV. Red/White go to the Line In of the receiever. CHECK.

Went into the TV Properties for Video 2 channel. Select "External Audio". CHECK

Turn on the TV & Wii...select Video 2. See a picture...no sound. CHECK

Turn on the Receiver and Select Line in. Hear Audio breifly...then a message on the TV comes up and says "Returning to TV Speakers"

WTH???

Now there is the Bravia Sync feature which lets the TV/Rec all come on with 1 power button...could the syncing devices be casuing theproblem?

[EDIT] Played around with it some more...it appears to work if I set the Wii input back to TV speakers...then select the Receiver Line In.

Ok, maybe a dumb question, but a question of level vs. plumb.

I want to hang my TV on the wall...I've mounted the bracket. The level bubble is dead centre...but it didn't look right...so I measured down from the ceiling...there is about an 1/8" difference from side to side of the bracket. So, my house is not as square and level as it should be...or at least the plaster ceiling/trim isn't.

So..the question is...do you go with what you know is not level, too make it LOOK level...or do I just leave it knowing the bracket is perfect!

It's up to you what you want it to match. I'm curious whether the floor is, and consequently, the tops of the furniture are, level. I'm guessing that an eighth of an inch isn't that obviously off, but you did notice it. How does it look with the furniture?

No, the tops of furniture are not level. I put a level on the top shelf of the unit currently holding the TV and all peripherals. It's out...which means it is going to look fairly obvious when the tops of the units and the bottom of the TV are only inches apart.

I suppose it might be easier to put a pad or lift under the foot of the unit than it will be to hang the tv crooked.

Haha...another thing I didn't consider...because I thought I had enough slack in all my cables. Going up through the wall means I probably have to get longer cables.

2013-02-23082633_zpsd5edb61e.jpg

Anyone know anything about Bravia Sync? I had to change the HDMI between TV/Receiver, because it was too short. Now, the sync feature is not working. When I turned the TV on....it used to turn on the Surround and select the proper source automatically....now it doesn't.

All the settings appear to be correct.

Other than that, I'm quite happy with it. It's like art on the wall...art that plays hockey games!!!!!