Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eazy_b97

Hi-Ho Silvers

I'm currently working on getting a pair. My surrounding LHS do not sell these so I'm having them ordered. I tried on a pair of the Shadows for size, and I'm a 7W in Graf, and apperantly a 7EE in Nike, I am a bit worried about this. They flet really good, and it's not like my feet are growing. Does that sizing sound about right to you guys? Also I've asked the guy to inquire if it'd be possible if Nike put on rink rats instead of the Labedas, do you think there's a possiblity i'll get them? I'm hoping that they have some left at the factory or else i'll be looking for new blades <_< . If anyne could help me out with my questions/ concerns that'd be great. As well has anybody ever tried Abec 9's? I'm coming from mini-bearings and they really weren't what I was expecting. The basically stopped spinning once I put new wheels on, but that could've been me too.

My son just went from a tight size 9 in his Graf 704's to a comfortable size 8 in the HiHo's..his shoe size is 10 regular..- 10.5

The ABEC 9's work fine..

I think BNH just signed a deal with Rink Rat, so maybe they can accomodate you.

Nike's fitting is quite strange. I fit 6.5EE Nike, but 9D Mission, and 7.5EE Bauer. I'm not sure if Graf sizes are the same, but my guess is that you'd be a smaller size then 7EE if you're 7W graf. I'd check again if I were you.

My foot actually sounds pretty similar your your rh_joel, but normally the EE and such widths are a little tighter than I'd like, the Shadows I tried on were alright, from the reviews i've read on how to fit a skate, I think, and hope they will turn out well. I'll let ya know if I am able to get rink rats on them. I remember I used to have abec 7's on a pair of custom blades I had, they were much better than anything i've used recently.

I've never reallu understood the whole "abec" concept. What does it mean and how does it effect your skating. The only think I know is the higher the Abec, generally the more expensive the bearing is.

ABEC = Annular Bearing Engineering Committee

They have a set of standards by which they evaluate bearings for tolerance. Basically the higher the rating, the tighter the tolerance, which usually is intended to rate the performance of the bearing for higher or lower rpm's.

The tolerances evaluated are lateral and radial run-out, which get smaller as the ratings get higher. The material composition of the bearing is not addressed in these ratings that I know of. Boss Swiss, are not ABEC rated....which may simply mean they do not feel they need to have an ABEC rating to sell their product.

The quality of the bearing material relates more to it's long term durability, while the tolerance ratings, relate to the vibrations which the bearings will see at progressively higher rpms....skate wheel rpm's are not very critical, and even an ABEC 1 rating would be fine. ABEC ratings do not guarantee any longevity, but a higher rating should roll a bit more smoothly...mostly irrelevant for skating....although you can "feel" the difference sometimes.