Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2009 CCM Catalogue

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index...&showfile=7

Skates - U+ has been tweaked for 09 - the quarters of the skates are now reinforced with a Surlyn outer which will be more cut-resistant. Also, they have gone back to a better Clarino-type liner for the interior. Should address the issues that some had with the 2008 version. The goal skates also got the U+ treatment.

Sticks - The U+ CL (stands for Crazy Light) clocks in a ridiculous 405g. Contoured shaft with a matte texture as well. The U+ is unchanged. The Octo Gun has an 8-sided taper (get it, Octo?) and it is CCM's first foray into nanotechnology (in both shaft and blade). Comes in at a healthy 470g. 4 of the 5 sticks in the Octo Gun lineup feature the 8-sided taper. Pattern changes to note - Recchi now becomes Tavares.

Gloves - Total redesign of the entire glove line - starting with the V10, which keeps the 3-piece thumb from Vector 10, but has an anatomical EPP backhand for a tighter fit. The 4R Pro is an updated 4-roll glove.

Protective - Unchanged from 2008

Helmets - Two new helmets for 2009 - the V05 and V04. Tweaked Vector shell (minus a few vents, and double-screw adjustment). V05 is dual-density VN and the V04 is single-density.

So the vector is being replaced (or renamed) octogun? Looks like the U+ CL will be about the lightest stick on the market at 405grams. be curious to find out the durability. On my son's U+ '08 the blade is split down the whole bottom and he only used it for about a month and a half. Went back to the vector and glad I did. He loves shooting again.

Looks like they used Easton's grip/non-grip coloring scheme for the Octo Gun. I'm at least interested in trying CCM sticks for the first time in years.

I actually just started buying CCM stuff from the 08 cat... took me a while to get used to the C geometry... but love the Ovie curve... picked up some V10 gloves on clearance and very happy with those.... I've been on the fence to replace my Vapor XX's with the U+....

March/April im guessing is the release time? Love my U+ and the U+ CL looks really tempting when they come out. Anyone got ideas on prices on the CL and Octo Gun? U+CL will be around 200 i would guess since the u+ is 180 in most spots.

Edited by li7039

Yeah the U+ is so light already, I can't imagine how light the CL will be. Must be Crazy.

well they got the crazy right :)

well to be fair it is only a 1.2 oz difference but it sounds like a lot more when you say its 35grams, still can't wait to see some in the shop to try out a bit. I love my U+ as is, honestly its the most exciting stick I've used since the easton ultralight shaft was new.

I really want to try it, not because of the weight but because of the initial performance of the U+. Sadly, it has since lost some of it's kick. :(