Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2009 Reebok Catalogue

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index...s&showcat=6

Skates - Most skates are unchanged other than cosmetics. The 9k skate will come in a white version.

Sticks - The 8.0.8 replaces the 9k O-Stick. The arches are now narrower and the stick is fused in a way that the carbon fiber strands continue from the shaft into the blade. New grip coating and a tweaked, lighter blade. The 10K SickickII replaces the 7k - lighter than the 7k, with new blade/vibration damperers added. The rest of the sticks carry over from last year, but with cosmetic changes. 8k and 6k shafts have been tweaked slightly, as well as the blades. Curves have been tweaked - P34 Modano becomes Hamrlik, P36 Spezza is a new curve - heel, open face. P87 Crosby looks like it has been tweaked as well - higher lie, round toe.

Gloves - Gloves have been retooled - the 10K KFS has a flexible cuff, and the interior of the glove has a bit more padding for comfort. The 10K cuff carries on to the 8K but doesn't have the ventilation system that the 10k has.

Protective - Totally redesigned protective - will JOFA-fans accept? This is something that I was not able to check out at the MSH Skate due to time constraints but will touch on in Vegas.

Helmets - Unchanged

thanks for posting the catalogs but :) i think you are wrong on the 10K when you say shaft is the same as last year, the catalog state

"newly added matrix construction increases shaft stability" "PURE FIBER TECHNOLOGY individual carbon fibers run through the shaft straight down to the blade for maximum energy transfer" it not only the blade that as this new construction but the entire shaft aswell. the 10K is completly new compared to last year model not the same at all. <_<

why no 10K shaft realy disapointed...

and there new shoulder pad chest area is redesing with added protection and back aswell look clike the ccm line.

Edited by HkY_GuY

thanks for posting the catalogs but :) i think you are wrong on the 10K when you say shaft is the same as last year, the catalog state

"newly added matrix construction increases shaft stability" "PURE FIBER TECHNOLOGY individual carbon fibers run through the shaft straight down to the blade for maximum energy transfer" it not only the blade that as this new construction but the entire shaft aswell. the 10K is completly new compared to last year model not the same at all. <_<

why no 10K shaft realy disapointed...

and there new shoulder pad chest area is redesing with added protection and back aswell look clike the ccm line.

Where exactly did I say the 10K shaft was the same as the 7K, because I'm not seeing that in my post. The 10k DOES replace the 7k in the lineup. And if you see my reviews, I tend to stay away from using technobabble and buzzwords.

Did Reebok eliminate the 7K skate?

Yes. That skate has never done well for them anyway.

how similar are the datsyuk and tavares curves for this year? and would the spezza curve be similar to what it was with sherwood? thanks.

Edited by NWoodhockey17

Hmm... no 10K (sickick) tapered shaft?

I heard some word about it; it looks very different from the one piece design

i know i saw it in the europeen catalog version look like it will be only for europe for now.

Edited by HkY_GuY

any reason they went away from the jofa protective style? i thought it was very successful?

It still seems pretty similar

Hmm... no 10K (sickick) tapered shaft?

I heard some word about it; it looks very different from the one piece design

i know i saw it in the europeen catalog version look like it will be only for europe for now.

yeah, its here

10Kshaft.jpg

that is from europeen catalog right. hopefully they have planned to realease later this year in north america.

Edited by HkY_GuY

Judging by the fact that the shaft market is very slow in NA, no. If they wanted to release it here, they would've.

Is the European 10k shaft the same as the North American 8k with a different paint job?

They are both standard shafts but...

The 10K shaft has sickick II technology whereas the 8K has the original sickick technology.

The 8K has the 'griptonite' grip whereas the 8K has 'shark skin' grip.

My guess is the 8K is like the old 7K shaft with different grip, whereas the 10K is like a new and improved 7K shaft.