Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2009 Warrior Catalogue

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index...s&showcat=2

First off, I laughed my ass off when I got the catalogue. The disclaimer is hilarious.

Sticks - Kronik gets an updated shaft - the Spyne tech has now moved to the shaft as well. Two distinctive scallops in the taper designed to prevent torquing. The Dolomite has been tweaked twice - the Dolomite Spyne has the Spyne blade with a high-density foam and textured trip. The Dolomite HD is the standard Dolomite however with the high-density blade and textured grip. The Hitman is new and falls in between the Dolomite and the Johnson, which will be in OPS form. Syko returns, but the Bentley comes in at the lowest point.

Spyne also will come in blade form, in standard hosel. The Dolomite tapered will now come with the high-density blade.

AK27 gets a new paintjob, with a velvety finish, standard shaft. The AK27 blade also has the high-density foam. Johnson shaft and blade are unchanged.

Goal Sticks - Warrior acquired Montreal over the summer and will be offering three goal sticks - two composite sticks in the Fortress and Messiah as well as the tried-and-true Montreal hybrid, which will be named the Swagger.

Gloves - Franchise is unchanged and remains the top-end glove. AK27 Pro features an all-nylon glove, with full sublimation graphics on the glove. Has a combination of foams in the glove, and has a moisture-wicking liner. Micronash palm and mesh gussets. AK27 is a down-spec'd version of the Pro. The Hitman replaces the Creeper in the line with an open cuff design and ergonomic features.

Protective - Finally saw the protective in Vegas - came away VERY impressed. The Hustler shoulder pad features collapsible shoulder caps/bicep protection and it has high-density bumpers on the clavicle so that the caps don't come up and hit you on the side of the neck upon impact. The strapping system is actually two straps, which eliminates any slack in the strap/overlap in the material and allows you to dial in a perfect fit. I was able to put my arms over my head and the shoulder pad did not move one bit. It has raised HD inserts on the sternum area, and the vest is also segmented which gives you full range of motion. The shins are very low-profile and have a very comfortable neoprene wrap (which gets grippy when wet) which locks in the knee and a wide strap for the shin area. Vented and with the Silver Shield liner, the inner liner can be adjusted for depth which is a very neat feature. THe elbow is a dual-cap system with a flared top cuff that does not get caught up on the bicep pad on the shoulder pad. The elbow cup has a lip which prevents the pad from slipping, which is a very good feature. Neoprene middle strap is very comfortable, same material as on the shins. Definitely did their homework.

I dunno....they go from over the top sexuality to looking like a ransom letter cut from a catalogue by a kid with ADD.

Glad to hear the product is decent, because the marketing is damn confusing.

what is the real world difference between the prior Dolo blade and the new HD blade? What exactly am I getting out of the HD blade I didn't have before?

what is the real world difference between the prior Dolo blade and the new HD blade? What exactly am I getting out of the HD blade I didn't have before?

Looks like it says it has high-densite foams, where the previous blade did not.

The bottom segment of the shoulder cap on the Hustler shoulder pads looks like it's about 3 sizes too big- I'm curious to see it in person, as it looks quite cumbersome.

Looks like it says it has high-densite foams, where the previous blade did not.

it's some sort of epoxy fill instead of foam, but what I'm asking here is what is the advantage of the new HD blade over the prior Dolo? Better feel? Stiffer blade? Lighter weight? And not the sales rep marketing fluff, what am I REALLY getting from the new blade?

i really like the new bonfide gloves, look of a franchise for less green, cant go wrong there. Anyone know when these are hitting the stores? along with all the other new stuff.

i really like the new bonfide gloves, look of a franchise for less green, cant go wrong there. Anyone know when these are hitting the stores? along with all the other new stuff.

in the spring

I'm curious what the difference is on the AK27 shaft, between the Deluxe Grip and the normal Grip.

Deluxe has nothing to do with grip and everything to do with shaft length. It is 6" longer from the normal.

Stiffness, durability, but feel could be a tradeoff.

I know there sticks are great but hows there protective equipment compared to other, is it light, flexable, stiff? Is there a lower end like ccm or easton or is it all the same level.

I like the sublimated graphic, thats a cool idea. The shoulder pads look very top heavy and the shins/elbows look like modified one90/XXXXs.

the shins/elbows look like modified one90/XXXXs.

My thoughts exactly, that's what attracted me to them, so now I'll have to make a choice between One95 or Hustler when they come out.

^ It's PRO KOVALCHUK!! dreaming :rolleyes:

no, it replaces Robitaille. Nothing new I guess.

Edit: Did they get rid of Mac Daddy?

Edited by blueliner27

The MacDaddy was replaced by the Kronik and I recall someone saying this Spyne blade business was the only difference.

Exactly, the price-point of the kronik will drop down to about where the mac daddy was.

looking forward to picking up one of the new dolo sticks maybe even the HD one, but the regular dolo is my favorite as how durable it is for roller, blade does not wear down at all!