Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HHR23

BIG toe curve

Does anyone know where I can find a big toe curve (pro stock kovy/OV). I've tried ebay and searched google like crazy. Maybe someone has some they'd be willing to part with? right hand.

Good luck. Lots of people are looking for the same thing, and there's not very many out there. You either have to be prepared to spend lots of money, or just be searching every day. TBLFan sold one on eBay a while ago for $117 if I remember right. I got lucky and found one on eBay and it broke in the first game I used it in. That's the bummer part about them. If you love the curve and the blade breaks, you're basically out of luck.

You're probably better off trying something like the Warrior Smyth curve. It's not as true of a toe curve as I'd like, but atleast if you like it you can buy some more. Warrior is discontinuing it for next year though, so once your stash of those ran out, you'd be SOL again.

I know what you mean. I bought 3 a while ago and they only lasted me like 5 months. After I ran out I tried heating some old blades up and curving them. It actually worked out pretty good but all i could take was wrist shots. broke almost everytime on slap shots.

You've probably already checked out the Smyth curve then. (I edited that post right as you replied) It looks more like a banana mid curve than a real toe curve to me. It sucks being a righty that likes toe curves. They're damn near impossible to find without spending a fortune. Lefties are lucky, there's tons of pro stock toe curves for them to choose from. Maybe you want to try custom blades? I just saw in another thread that Christian hockey is back and making custom curves again.

They want $35.71 per blade, plus a one-time $20 fee for setting up an account, so to speak. They're wood, so they'll wear out of course, but it might be worth it to have a steady stream of blades if you want them. A minimum order of 6 plus the $20 fee is around $250. A lot to dish out at once, but if you love toe curves that much, it could be worth it. If you have one of your old Kovy blades (if that's what you had) you can send it to them and they'll just clone it for you.

http://www.cbhockey.com/index.htm

EDIT: And yes, Passvilan's shipping is nuts. I just found the old email in my inbox. According to the guy I talked to, the blades start at $32, which is definitely reasonable. Unfortunately, he said shipping to the USA starts at $46 depending on the weight.

Has anybody ever played with a passvilan blade, and on which email did you contact them?

I tried a few months back via contact info on their website, but never got a response on the 2 emails I sent.

Has anybody ever played with a passvilan blade, and on which email did you contact them?

I tried a few months back via contact info on their website, but never got a response on the 2 emails I sent.

That was my problem too. I've tried to contact them several times in the past few months and haven't got a reply yet. Too bad too, because they have some great blades in there.

I have at least 15 of Brian Rafalski Pro wood blades. It is a massive toe curve. $15 a blade + $5 shipping (free shipping if you buy more than 3 blades).

is this toe curve big enough? (stick in the middle and far right, i curved the left one myself)

blade.jpg

If so, I have a bunch of SE16's in that curve (pro stock spezza). Lemme know.

yeah they're pretty stiff, but with the toe curve, wristers are flying off, and the slappers are beautiful with the stiffness. I personally thought the stiffness would be a problem but the curve basically saves it all lol, i couldn't imagine how lethal this stick would be if it was in an 85 flex with that curve...jesus. :P

Those curves are beautiful. I'm not a big fan of easton sticks or otherwise I'd be all over that. I'm sure you could prolly get some pretty good coin for those.

is this toe curve big enough? (stick in the middle and far right, i curved the left one myself)

blade.jpg

i doubt i could keep my wristers in the building with those curves

blade.jpg

How much?