Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HHR23

BIG toe curve

another quick question...for those using these nasty toes; would you say they work better with a whippy shaft or a stiffer shaft?

From my experience with toe curves I'd say the lighter flex because its easier to catch the puck, in the sort of pocket that toe curves give, allowing you to put all your weight into the shot. Look for some Ovechkin or Semin videos to see them put all their weight into the stick with the puck on the toe of the blade when they shoot. With a stiffer stick I could feel the puck just come off the blade faster than a non toe curve. It wasn't very different than a normal curve just hard to get used to the puck cutting at the end

anyone wanna take one for the team and send a blade off to christian or ballistik and do a group buy in on some clones? I'd buy atleast 4 RH, specially if they were kovy's.

From my experience with toe curves I'd say the lighter flex because its easier to catch the puck, in the sort of pocket that toe curves give, allowing you to put all your weight into the shot. Look for some Ovechkin or Semin videos to see them put all their weight into the stick with the puck on the toe of the blade when they shoot. With a stiffer stick I could feel the puck just come off the blade faster than a non toe curve. It wasn't very different than a normal curve just hard to get used to the puck cutting at the end

Semin uses a 107 i believe but you are definetly right with ovie.

I think it has more to do with the angle of the blade at realease. The whippier stick gives a lot more forgiveness with how high its goin. Ovie has been known to lean way into a shot that ends up being a bomb 4 inches offf the ice. Meanwhile, Semin uses the much stiffer and less forgiving stick so we rarely see him picking low corners. The puck always spins off the blade eager to go up

just my take

Can somebody list pro stock toe curves in a whippy flex besides Samsonov, Ovechkin...?

What side? I have 2 Sykora u+ cl's with no grip or no texture on them, they are 75 flex..

Where's John Brenkus when you need him?

another quick question...for those using these nasty toes; would you say they work better with a whippy shaft or a stiffer shaft?

Beautiful curve, except too stiff and expensive!

exactly why i didn't buy it, lol.

if it was a 75 flex it'd be a different story.

Big issue with ovie clones is the blade is super thin and breaks pretty easily in my experience. Plus not that they aren't cool to try, but with a 75 flex stick paying anywhere from 150-200+ dollars and most likely having it whip out after a few ice times doesn't seem like much fun at all. I know it's all personal preference.

Prep-ed vs unprep-ed TPS R2XN10 w/ Dolo Kovalchuk-type(kovy pattern but higher lie) pattern:

img3293x.jpg

Just the "toes," all pro Kovy style patterns but one Samsonov pro:

img3308s.jpg

img3311y.jpg

Man that is isane amount of kovy patterns for one person to own! I find one and its either an old post or not for sale. Even that new Pro stock hockey gear site had some "or one" mayb and their sold out now. still looking...

Even that new Pro stock hockey gear site had some "or one" mayb and their sold out now. still looking...

They have real time inventory, I snagged the 3rd of the 4 available.

as well as hopefully scoring a Doughty as he has a sweet toe hook on his sticks.

Well I can cross this off my bucket list for sticks.

dd1.jpg

dd2.jpg

Man that is isane amount of kovy patterns for one person to own! I find one and its either an old post or not for sale. Even that new Pro stock hockey gear site had some "or one" mayb and their sold out now. still looking...

I almost bought those too but the shipping was ridiculous and I still have some sitting unused in a box.

I almost bought those too but the shipping was ridiculous and I still have some sitting unused in a box.

Where did you buy your stash of Toe curves? Monkeys warrior sale a while ago? Or other collectors? Even if I did find some ppl want crazy prices for his pro pattern. I was gonna say F it and ask Kynetyk hockey to make some of their "Zherdev" clone patterns in blades.

For a OPS you're definitely better off looking for Zherdev's sticks.

Yeah true, I seen a couple ppl in other forums with some Dolomite Zherdev Patterns. I like 2 piece sticks though. So I will have to keep hunting. O well!

Hardly ever see the Zherdev OPS out there, there was one about a month ago but it was going for about the same as a Kovy.

It's more common than the Kovy tho and from what I can tell, the same curve. I have a blank AK27 that I assume is a Zherdev but who knows. At the very least, I've seen Dolos, AKs and CCM OPS Zherdevs pop up on eBay.

weird i never see them, only recall the CCM and that looked more like an Ovi and not like the Dolo Kovy. Guess i have to look harder lol.