Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HHR23

BIG toe curve

Warrior will be coming out with a retail toe curve, called Gionta, won't be as crazy as Ovi's, but a moderate toe good for general retail. Keep an eye out for it.

Can you cite your source?

To back him up the product manager said in their Facebook chat that they had no plans of bringing back the Smyth but had something in the works that would "freak kids out" or something along those lines.

Picked it up this morning.

Wow, thats a pretty sick curve man. Im about to pick up the procurve and attempt to curve my composite blade, Ill let you all know how it goes :P

Wow, thats a pretty sick curve man. Im about to pick up the procurve and attempt to curve my composite blade, Ill let you all know how it goes :P

please do! i am very interested in the product but want to know more about it before i purchase.

Talking to Kynetyk today and they told me their Zherdev clone that they had made for their ops will be out in July for blades. Should be good! I used their 1st batch of reflex sticks and I know a guy who has used 5 Zherdev pro stock dolos and he has stuck with the Kynetyk Zherdev ops for months now. I didnt get a quote on price yet though.

Does kynetyk plan on bringing out a standard and tapered blade?

I was only told the release time frame in an answer. They are making a pro ovi clone as well in their ops line anways.

I bought a John Mitchell SE16 stick with a pretty sick toe curve on it last wkend at the TML equipment sale. Unfortunately after playing yesterday and someone blocking my shot with their stick, I think they smacked my toe curve and I hear some crackling in the blade. I'm hoping it was the combination of the tape being wet and whatnot.

How long should I expect a blade with a toe curve to last? I'm pretty PO'd since I love my new baby.

Just as long as any other curve I would expect. Biggest killer of sticks for me is chips at the toe of the stick that lead to softness.

2mo9kqp.jpg

Just came in today. Ovechkin curve (not his stick) compliments of TSR. Nameplate says iginla, but idk why, or what iginla, cause the pro iginla uses easton. Pic isnt that good but the curve is real nice.

Hey goaliemanshark,

I have a sample Warrior Dolomite DD 2010 Q4 release with the Gionta curve the rep left at my desk. Work in hockey purchasing for a retailer. Curve looks more like the old Shanahan than the Ovi.

just cause you haven't seen iginla use something other than a easton doesn't mean he hasn't tried it

Hey goaliemanshark,

I have a sample Warrior Dolomite DD 2010 Q4 release with the Gionta curve the rep left at my desk. Work in hockey purchasing for a retailer. Curve looks more like the old Shanahan than the Ovi.

please tell me the blades shorter *crosses fingers*

so i got my pro curve today, I tried it on my composite stick, had a pretty sweet curve on it but when i took it out of the procurve it just went back to normal, Maybe i didnt get it hot enough or something, but im afraid to try it again cause im sure the blade will be wrecked if i try it again...harumph

EDIT: If it turns out the blade breaks, can you replace the blade on the one piece stick? I have a warrior hitman, and i can see that its not a true one piece I can see where the hosel of the blade meets the shaft, could I cut it there and put in a new blade?

so i got my pro curve today, I tried it on my composite stick, had a pretty sweet curve on it but when i took it out of the procurve it just went back to normal, Maybe i didnt get it hot enough or something, but im afraid to try it again cause im sure the blade will be wrecked if i try it again...harumph

EDIT: If it turns out the blade breaks, can you replace the blade on the one piece stick? I have a warrior hitman, and i can see that its not a true one piece I can see where the hosel of the blade meets the shaft, could I cut it there and put in a new blade?

Turning it into a tapered shaft shouldn't be a problem

alright so i tried it a second time (figured I might as well, the blade still feels pretty solid but we'll see when i play again on Monday) I made sure to heat it up really well, and then put it in the procurve heated it up while in the procurve just a bit, then let it cool for about 5 mins then stuck it in my freezer for about 20mins. The front ripped up but it shouldn't really be a problem i dont think, I'll post pics tomorrow cause my phone died.

WHen I curve mine, I put mine immediately into a pitcher of ice cold water. It worked with my mission hossa stick, which I'll post here in a couple of hours.

alright so i tried it a second time (figured I might as well, the blade still feels pretty solid but we'll see when i play again on Monday) I made sure to heat it up really well, and then put it in the procurve heated it up while in the procurve just a bit, then let it cool for about 5 mins then stuck it in my freezer for about 20mins. The front ripped up but it shouldn't really be a problem i dont think, I'll post pics tomorrow cause my phone died.