Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
aal

How to order custom Bauer skates

you can't expect to pay $100 over for customs. The $100 is going to be over MSRP, not the sale price.

I would have thought the same but it depends how how cool your LHS owner is. When the Vapor 40's were being closed out at 399 us, one of my LHS's told me he'd do do customs for me at $100 over the sale price. Sweet deal but I chickened out and didn't pull the trigger. :( $500 is still a lot of money to me.

EDIT: I just realized that since I didn't go throught w/ it, he might have made a mistake since I have no idea if Bauer would have given him a sale price. Now that I think of it, it doesn't make sense for a manufacturer to discount something it has yet to manufacture while it does make sense to discount left over stock.

Edited by Neo5370

I'm still a bit confused on how the custom fit process works. So your LHS has a generic form from Bauer to fill out? They do some foot tracings, take some measurements of your feet, record it along with any special options you want, and then send all this to Bauer? And then Bauer determines what size, width, depth you need? Or does the LHS make all the size determinations for you... in which case why would they then send the foot tracings to Bauer?

I ordered a set of custom APX for my son and they only took measurements, no foot trace. This shop does tons of customs, I'm confident that his measurements will be correct for my sons foot, 2 weeks from Friday we should have them I will let you know how it works out. Do most people that get Bauer customs have the ankle counter "rounded out" i was told it helps to reduce Bauer bumps?

.For those with highly tunned salivary glands only.

TotalOne Classic. L: 8EA R: 7 7/8 EEA, 3Flex tongues +1', X60 liner, old school toes caps, Oversize ankle pads, minicel foam up the back, heal lifts, stretched arches, C+ holders, and more swagger than you can shake a stick at.

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

Edited by JR Boucicaut

wow.....great looking skates

Thanks

Excellent looking skates. Plain white laces... referee as well?

Good awareness picking up on the laces. As much as I like scoring goals, I am a referee most of the time.

Are those the new S9s? How did you order those. Does the store need a pro account?

They are basically the same thing as s9s. They currently call them TotalOne Classics. I don't think stores can order them.

Edited by JJStripes

Thanks

Good awareness picking up on the laces. As much as I like scoring goals, I am a referee most of the time.

They are basically the same thing as s9s. They currently call them TotalOne Classics.

What level do you officiate?

Yes.

Are Jrs teams considered pro accounts or retail?

Edited by watchgreat

Just spoke to Bauer - for US Retail accounts the options will be T1, FL4.0P, and APX.

Vapor X:60 will still be offered until components run out.

If it's roughly the same cost for the three different models, why would anyone pick the Flexlites? Maybe it's a stupid question, but can't any of the three be customized for just about any foot type... or would someone who fits a retail flexlite be better off going with custom flexlites over custom total ones?

JJ,

I would suggest stocking up on C+ holders and steel.

I do have a couple of sets already, but I'm thinking I might force myself to make the switch some day.

I tried lightspeed once before, but immediately disliked the different feel.

I'm going to purchase a pair of T1s - interesting thread, i've always wondered about this. However, I thought the idea was that they made the skate exactly for your foot. What exactly is customizable about the size and how is it achieved?

Otherwise, with custom skates we can choose different options - like stiffness, tongue material, cap shape, stuff like that?

Edited by Katzenjammer