Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
aal

How to order custom Bauer skates

I'm going to purchase a pair of T1s - interesting thread, i've always wondered about this. However, I thought the idea was that they made the skate exactly for your foot. What exactly is customizable about the size and how is it achieved?

Otherwise, with custom skates we can choose different options - like stiffness, tongue material, cap shape, stuff like that?

There is so many options it's really crazy. I mean Bauer can pretty much do anything, the key is having the right skate fitter.

Some quick examples, if a boot is too shallow for you, they can add volume. If it's too deep, they can make it shallow.. If you have orthotics they can build the skate to the orthotic. Those are just a couple examples of major fitment changes.

Edited by nicksmission14

There is so many options it's really crazy. I mean Bauer can pretty much do anything, the key is having the right skate fitter.

Some quick examples, if a boot is too shallow for you, they can add volume. If it's too deep, they can make it shallow.. If you have orthotics they can build the skate to the orthotic. Those are just a couple examples of major fitment changes.

Okay, thanks - so basically they take a stock boot from a standard last and then customize the fit to your exact needs/dimensions?

Will 7.0 be offered as a custom?

Did you see 7.0 mentioned in my earlier post? No. That means they are not offered.

If it's roughly the same cost for the three different models, why would anyone pick the Flexlites? Maybe it's a stupid question, but can't any of the three be customized for just about any foot type... or would someone who fits a retail flexlite be better off going with custom flexlites over custom total ones?

Yes. The FL is a taller boot, some may like that as well.

Hey guys, im thinking of getting a pair of custom T1s.. is there a website or something that allows you to see exactly how you do to order a pair?

also, i live in sweden is the process the same over here? thanks..:D

No.

Oh, another FYI - those who want APX, will have to wait til June to get their order SUBMITTED, not finished. And they shut down the factory in July. Keep that in mind.

Here are the custom APX I just got back for my son. I find it odd the way they did the comfort wrap, or lack there of. Also the clarino doesn't appear to go as far down on these customs. We went custom because he has very narrow feet these are C width. Also we wanted the runners moved in to help with his pronation. I notice they did not use a third copper rivet on the front mount? We also had the heel counter "carved out" which I'm told helps reduce the chance of getting Bauer bumps. He loves the fit, its the first skate that completely locks his heel.

http://www.dennistracyphotography.com/friends/apx1.jpg

http://www.dennistracyphotography.com/friends/apx2.jpg

http://www.dennistracyphotography.com/friends/apx3.jpg

http://www.dennistracyphotography.com/friends/apx4.jpg

Edited by lohnman

Can any LHS schedule a Bauer guy to come fit custom skates? The only shop nearby is in the rink, and it's TINY (and is horribly overpriced - I don't think I'd buy anything there except tape).

Also what happens if you have a Bauer guy come out to fit you, and you end up not liking the skates?

What kind of steel did you get put on those? I just ordered my Custom APXs yesterday and didnt know gold was an option. Also how long did yours take to get in?

Edited by duffhockey37

yes those are Nitinol, these are an early pair they don't come in gold any more. I placed the order in March so I was at the front of the line, not sure what the turn around time is currently.

Here are the custom APX I just got back for my son. I find it odd the way they did the comfort wrap, or lack there of. Also the clarino doesn't appear to go as far down on these customs. We went custom because he has very narrow feet these are C width. Also we wanted the runners moved in to help with his pronation. I notice they did not use a third copper rivet on the front mount? We also had the heel counter "carved out" which I'm told helps reduce the chance of getting Bauer bumps. He loves the fit, its the first skate that completely locks his heel.

Is the top eyelet missing?

Looks like you might have asked for the minicel foam. I have the same thing on my TOs, and the comfort wrap looks the same. Frankly, the minicel foam is so comfortable that the wrap is meaningless. I have a C/AA foot as well...so I feel his pain there. The 3rd copper rivet is not used on customs unless specified...I have had 4 pair of custom NBH/Bauer skates come that way. Good to hear the fit is working well. Does he wear special shoes/orthodics for pronation? I would have assumed it had been an issue in the past due to an improper fit...a skate too wide would explain pronation. With the proper fit you would want that edge right down the center of the foot. Luckily, you can have that adjusted if necessary.

Why does Bauer add the third copper rivet on their retail skates? I have yet to get custom insoles made for him, its next on the list. We moved the holders in on his previous skates (X60) and he thought it helped his skating out quite a bit. I decided to have these ones done right from the factory so we only have one set of hole in the sole plate. He skated today in them 2 games and two clinics, with zero issues, he loves them. They look great on his feet, it was worth the extra money to get a pair that fits this well. How long did you bake your total ones?

Well, I know the Bauer custom process very well, and those skates were baked for too long.

Why would a skate whose materials are internally/externally the same as a TotalONE be baked for almost 3x longer?

Well, I know the Bauer custom process very well, and those skates were baked for too long.

Why would a skate whose materials are internally/externally the same as a TotalONE be baked for almost 3x longer?

TotalONE's are like 2 mins aren't they?