Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

The "Holy Crap, Did You See That Goal?" Thread

Anyone see bergeron undress pronger? If you thought he looked slow in the olympics this one was just awful.

EDIT: Stamkos picked off a corner quite nicely as well.

Anyone see bergeron undress pronger? If you thought he looked slow in the olympics this one was just awful.

That was beautiful

And very out of character for Bergeron. He seldom tries moves like that. It was funny that Edwards wondered aloud whether it was something that Bergeron had learned about Pronger during practice at the Olympics.

I've been waiting for Bergoron to blossom into the second coming of Peter Forsberg (sans injuries), this move put him one step closer.

I love how he even throws the head fake/fake shot before passing it.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>&hd=1">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="447" height="276">

St Louis GW goal tonight. Video to come...

Btw, second time JR was present in Tampa for a "Holy Crap" goal this season.

Soooo, who wants to bet on him being bought out before the end of that contract?

Problem is, because the contract kicks in after he turns 35, even if they buy him out, they are stuck with the cap hit for the length of the contract, right up to his 42nd birthday :lol:

What I find so incredible about that goal is just how little speed he seems to build up in the neutral zone. He's able to use space and positioning to create all that time for himself, that's the prototypical manner of how to score short-handed the Russian way. Also Daniel Sedin with a very nice goal last night.

Curious as to how quick guys like Datsyuk and the lot try doing that? It's a pretty smart play when you think about it.

You can try it but you have to be pretty lucky. Everything came together for Sedin on that one. If the goalie sees it is a ridiculously easy play. Even if the goalie is screened there's a good chance it will just hit. All that being said, that was an awesome goal.

That was pretty a pretty awesome goal. As for Semin, I remember an interview with Theodore from last year where they were asking him how scary practice is with Ovechking, Green, Backstrom, and all the great shooters they have. He said it wasn't those guys that were the problem, it was Semin because his snap shot is so fast and hard it stings. Watch him hit the net and usually the goalie actually has to stumble back to catch himself. I'd love to see a radar gun reading of it.

I've always said that if Semin hit the net with all his shots, he would score every other time. So many times he moves west to east and unloads...and then booms one off the boards. Just a couple inches more and he would score almost every time.

Easily the best wrister in the game.

Gotta be the best since Sakic.. if not better.

I've always said that if Semin hit the net with all his shots, he would score every other time. So many times he moves west to east and unloads...and then booms one off the boards. Just a couple inches more and he would score almost every time.

Easily the best wrister in the game.

I'm not sure what was nicer: Parise patiently spinning Mason out of his pants or Patrick Elias' back hand pass to the blue line.

I think Elias wins that one. :D

Jeff Carter might have something to say about that.

carter is my second favorite player, but i would definitely have to give the nod to semin. he can shoot without using any power from his legs. he hides his shot so well. he almost always catches the goalie off guard which is really what makes it so scary.

carter might get more velocity on it, but semins have more potency since he can be standing straight up and get one off with full power.

I gotta say that's spot on. Carters puck prolly has more speed than semin's but Carters release and loading process are much longer than Semins.

carter is my second favorite player, but i would definitely have to give the nod to semin. he can shoot without using any power from his legs. he hides his shot so well. he almost always catches the goalie off guard which is really what makes it so scary.

carter might get more velocity on it, but semins have more potency since he can be standing straight up and get one off with full power.