Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

The "Holy Crap, Did You See That Goal?" Thread

I thought that was supposed to warrant a penalty and was illegal? Maybe Chadd can shed some light here, but one of my youth travel games a couple years back, a player on the opposing team tried that and got a warning for it, being told if he did it again it'd be a penalty.

I thought that was supposed to warrant a penalty and was illegal? Maybe Chadd can shed some light here, but one of my youth travel games a couple years back, a player on the opposing team tried that and got a warning for it, being told if he did it again it'd be a penalty.

First, youth rules and pro rules are very different. Second, I recall officials saying the same thing a few years back but were never able to cite the applicable rule.

Well yeah, I know that. But I had figured that would be a type of crossover rule.

IIRC, I think the ref categorized it as an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

Well yeah, I know that. But I had figured that would be a type of crossover rule.

IIRC, I think the ref categorized it as an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

I've never seen it in the rule book or case book.

Still not sure why the goalie doesn't slide out and poke that shit out of there, he did keep it a ways out, but if I'm the goalie, I'm taking the puck and maybe the player out with a slide poke. Maybe he was in the wait and see what he does mode.

Really nasty goal.

The stickhandling ability of these guys(NHL players, especially the younger generation) have gone up exponentially in these 5-10 years.

You never even thought hockey was supposed to be like this.

I think it's pretty much a golden age of hockey that we live in, to hell with the ratings! :smile:

I especially love the fact that it's Letang that gave the puck up, makes it even better. Giroux has a ton of skill, got to see him play a lot here in Gatineau.