Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

The "Holy Crap, Did You See That Goal?" Thread

Nobody saw it coming, was perfect. I mean, when Legg did it back @ Michigan, had people known about it before hand, you knew immediately. This Finnish kid did the equivalent without the whole scoop part, where guys can get a good run at you.

As for the rest of the game, I have to say, Russia took an absolute beating from the refs. They're not the reason they lost, but man, the refs were killing them...some brutal calls.

kid played a hell of a game too, blocking shots and had a great saucer pass to pick up an assist on i think the 3rd goal. Wild fans must be drooling over him. I agree that the refs had some awful calls against Russia; two penalties on Ovechkin for poking at the goalie and then the same thing to Kovalchuk. I thought the first Ovechkin call was iffy but I could see it, but the other two were awful.

I've never seen that move done quite like that. How does he get the puck on his blade. It's like he just shovels it and it flips up onto his blade. I would think that unless you have really sticky tape, it would be hard to do it that way. Most people have to press the puck to get it onto the blade. That's pretty remarkable.

I've never seen that move done quite like that. How does he get the puck on his blade. It's like he just shovels it and it flips up onto his blade. I would think that unless you have really sticky tape, it would be hard to do it that way. Most people have to press the puck to get it onto the blade. That's pretty remarkable.

Actually two years ago I figured out how to do it in a game where I just relaxed my hand while skating upward with the puck. Without thinking I just curled the blade at moderate speed and the puck just stuck on and I followed through and dumped the puck in upwards. I tried a few times in practice as well it's no strength and relaxed wrists.

That toe-drag after he gets around the 2nd defender put the puck on edge. Once he got it on edge it was just patience until it fell flat on his blade.

IMO, it's harder to do what Mike Legg did because A.) people see it coming and will slash the hell out of you, B.) it looks prettier, haha.

Kudos for Granlund doing it his way, too. Full speed and on the fly isn't much easier. it's one thing to try it, it's another to try it and have it work. Goalies get so aggrevated. My teamate pulled it off at NARCh winternationals a few years ago...next shift, the opposing goalie jumped another teammate Ron Hextall style thinking it was the kid who did it.

Obv a great goal, but the kid had six points in this game and beat other teams 29-2 (something like that). I guess when you got the wind at your back, why not?, haha.

Can someone enlighten me one what team or league that is? Are they reppin the star of David on their jerseys?

Team from Israel at the Div III IIHF championships.

Anyone else notice it looks like the guy clipped the defender in the face with his skate?

Looked pretty painful. Goalie embarrassed, defender stitches?