Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

The "Holy Crap, Did You See That Goal?" Thread

Impressive indeed, but Play of the Year?

Nope. That D man should be shamed. 3 seconds left and you get turned inside out.

That's a prime example of players being so trained into doing the correct play that they screw it up because they don't have the skill.

I'd be more impressed if the goalie didn't get taken out before the puck got to him.

Truth. He was already being moved by the time the puck got to the edge of the crease. Probably counted because the D-man is the one that knocked the kid that slid into the goalie on his butt.

Aleksander Barkov scores a beauty shootout goal in Finland. This kid is only 17 and he's been a solid pro for two years now. Great hands he's got.

Great move, but that celebration just made him look like a jackass. Where I come from that type of crap gets you laid out next shift.

The '70s?

The celebration was ridiculous but the thing that should have got the kid lined up or a nice chop on the hands was pulling that move itself. Not to mention, I'm sure his coach had some choice words with him about pulling that in a game.

There was 7 seconds left and it was 4-2, that would be the time to do it in a game. Personally, I would have just dumped it the length of the ice, but that isn't the only way to play the game.

The celebration was ridiculous but the thing that should have got the kid lined up or a nice chop on the hands was pulling that move itself. Not to mention, I'm sure his coach had some choice words with him about pulling that in a game.

Im on the U of Colorado team in black in that video. It was the celebration that pissed us off more so than the goal. You can see the first backchecker come in with a good two hand windup at :17, broke his stick on the kids back. And the next game was an ugly one for him

Im on the U of Colorado team in black in that video. It was the celebration that pissed us off more so than the goal. You can see the first backchecker come in with a good two hand windup at :17, broke his stick on the kids back. And the next game was an ugly one for him

If it was the celebration, why did the two-handed chop come before it?

Celebration had to be a result of the chop. Didn't look like he was going to go that hard at the celebration till he got chopped.

That's what I thought too.

Also, anyone notice the white player get railed by a cross-check from behind right after the turn over happened? Ouch.

College hockey can sometimes be the dirtiest hockey to watch.

Not going to lie, that move fails to impress me much anymore. What's up with his helmet though? Is it gold?

The spin-o-rama is another shootout move that just doesn't do anything for me anymore. However, the shootout move of the video is still pretty difficult to pull of smoothly (or correctly for that matter). Have to be in tight and be quick.