Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

The Association

I don't care much for basketball - but after the last two games I can't help but think that, after the Bruins' coughed-up that 3-0 lead on Philly, sports fans in Boston are pulling their hair out and begging "Please...not again" right now.

Did the Celtics tank or was this another case of the officials trying to extend the series?

The scene: Rookie training symposium for NBA referees

Grasshopper: "Master, how will I know when a foul occurs?"

Yoda: "If Player A commits, a foul it will be. If Player B commits, a foul it is not."

The scene: Rookie training symposium for NBA referees

Grasshopper: "Master, how will I know when a foul occurs?"

Yoda: "If Player A commits, a foul it will be. If Player B commits, a foul it is not."

:rolleyes:

Not. going. to. even. bother.

Magic are simply playing again. They were stymied the first three games. You can see that they look like a different team now.

I wasn't suggesting that the refereeing was the reason the C's lost by 20.

But it was why they lost by 10.....

They just are so inconsistent with what they call and it seems to be based on the player. You know how Pierce is great at faking the guy to jump in the air to draw the foul? Pierce also will jump to his right to make sure he gets contact. That's actually an offensive foul. You know how Perkins picks up one or two moving picks each game, which is a stupid foul, since the play occurs nineteen feet from the basket? Dwight Howard is a moving pick, but they seldom call it.

I suppose the problem is guys would foul out in the first quarter if they called things properly, but it's got to be hard for the players to be allowed to do something one trip down the court, but not the next.

Dwight Howard is a moving pick, but they seldom call it.

I noticed that in the one game I saw, he never set his feet on any pick.

My prediction.....

The C's were essentially the best road team this season and the Finals' format is 2-3-2, which I believe favors the road team. So my prediction is the Celts win one of the first two in L.A., two of three in Boston, then Game 6 in L.A.

Add those to together and it equals 18!

Is anyone going to actually watch the Lebron James 1-hour special tonight? This whole scenario is why I can't get into the NBA. The egomania is staggering. Can you imagine this happening in hockey? Not in a million years.

Is anyone going to actually watch the Lebron James 1-hour special tonight? This whole scenario is why I can't get into the NBA. The egomania is staggering. Can you imagine this happening in hockey? Not in a million years.

Apprarently, his decision will be unveiled in the first 10 minutes. Cue the dancing girls after that ?!?!?! Maybe the 'Miami Ink' guys come in to brand him with a flaming basketball (that is still the Heat logo, right?). Maybe Timberlake drops in to re-hash his "I Love Sports" from the ESPY's a few years back?

Mik3 had a great point in chat last night. A lot of it may very well be spin to fix his image should he choose to leave Cleveland.

Sounds like someone is a little upset over the plummeting of season ticket sales he is about to experience. On another note, not being a basketball fan or even playing one on tv, I'm quite happy this Lebron decision circus is over so we'll stop having to hear about it every second.

Sounds like someone is a little upset over the plummeting of season ticket sales he is about to experience. On another note, not being a basketball fan or even playing one on tv, I'm quite happy this Lebron decision circus is over so we'll stop having to hear about it every second.

Doubt that. I've seen one thing non LeBron related on SportsCenter this morning. A little blurb about Cliff Lee.

They're going to milk this out for weeks, breaking down what if's and what will's...

Thankfully, I haven't watched Sportscenter, or much of ESPN at all, since they stopped carrying the NHL. Hopefully, the local sports stations are done with the story.

To be honest with you, chippa, I'm surprised LeBron making coffee hasn't been on the Top 10 plays.

Or they just renamed the thing LeTop James10

I like how this has been admitted as tampering but nothing will ever come of it. Four years this has been worked on but oh well, it's making a lot of the US Laker fans.

LeBron too. 2 firsts and 2 seconds.

2 1st and 2 2nd from who? the heat? where are they getting all these picks from?

gaga: from the limited amount of research I've done, it seems like the way it works with FA in NBA is that with the "soft cap" system, the former team has the ability to sign their FAs at a higher salary, so if the player is leaving, they will do a sign and trade. instead of just losing the player for nothing like in the NHL, they score the departing player a higher contract and immediately trade him, doing everyone a favor. if the player coming back is a pick (no value), the team gets a "trade exception" meaning they have more to spend on incoming players salary. if you wiki NBA SALARY CAP, it explains everything in laymans terms. the business is way different than the NHL.