Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tooomey

Vapor X:60

Talked to a store owner that was down in Florida at the Bauer sales meeting. He mentioned the new skate looked 30ish with the black fading to silver. Sorta disappointed, I wanted to see an all black skate but instead of blue accents like the supreme, it would have red accents for vapor. JMHO.

Jarick - it will fit like a Vapor, but not necessarily the last one. It's 60 for a reason.

I'm going to guess that it will be an amped up "continuation" of the old Vapor 10s.

New numbering makes a lot of sense, as they've used up way too many Roman numerals.

How did the old Vapors fit compared to the current ones?

Jarick - it will fit like a Vapor, but not necessarily the last one. It's 60 for a reason.

I'm going to guess that it will be an amped up "continuation" of the old Vapor 10s.

New numbering makes a lot of sense, as they've used up way too many Roman numerals.

How did the old Vapors fit compared to the current ones?

XXXX made more sense than XL at the time, but x60 makes more sense tan XXXXX, XXXXXX and LX

after a while those Xs started to look like DNA.

It will be worn at pro, but you won't be able to tell.
Wow, the skate comes out at the end of the NHL season, they don't have to be so secretive. Just throw it on an NHLer and get this over with it.

Well all the Vapors and Supremes looked good so I'm not concerned about that, it's just if my Vapor XXV's fall apart, I'm wondering if the toes will be wide or narrow or if the heels will be wide or narrow or what.

I don't know about you guys, but the numbering system on the Vapors does not fully make sense to me, especially when shops have old models lying around. I thought it was simply the higher the number the better, but now I'm not so sure! So much for replacing my 735s with Vapors!

Is there a chart somewhere low to high with the replacements/new equivalent models included.

I don't know about you guys, but the numbering system on the Vapors does not fully make sense to me, especially when shops have old models lying around. I thought it was simply the higher the number the better, but now I'm not so sure! So much for replacing my 735s with Vapors!

Is there a chart somewhere low to high with the replacements/new equivalent models included.

Seriously?

OLD VAPOR LINE	CURRENT VAPOR LINE	 NEW VAPOR LINE
XXX XXXX X60
X50
XXV X40

They aren't the same skate, but same price-point/spec as JR said.

OLD VAPOR LINE	CURRENT VAPOR LINE	 NEW VAPOR LINE
XXX XXXX X60
X50
XXV X40

They aren't the same skate, but same price-point/spec as JR said.

If I understand this correctly, the 09 X40 will be a completely different skate than the 08 version? It will end up being the new XXII or XVI price point skate with specs geared towards that price.

I would imagine

x60=XXXX

x50=XXV

x40=XXII

If you look on the first page, the fifth post, JR already said which is what "Correct. Should clarify - X50 doesn't replace 25, it's a new model. X40 replaces 25 ".

I read somewhere that the vapor shift is a xxv on steroids, with clarino, stiffer composite outsole, xxxx footbed so i would imagine, if this is so about the shift, that the x50 is going to be something like that

Talked to a store owner that was down in Florida at the Bauer sales meeting. He mentioned the new skate looked 30ish with the black fading to silver. Sorta disappointed, I wanted to see an all black skate but instead of blue accents like the supreme, it would have red accents for vapor. JMHO.

+1!!!!

This line may never have been more apropos than right now.............

"You see, these go to 11."

Very nice.

By the way, for those not getting it...

We had the XXX, then the XXXX, now we get X60, X50, X40. XXXX does mean 40, but that is not the current X40 as a few guys said. X50 probably replaces the 40, X40 replaces the 25, X60 will be new amazing revolution top dog dynamo.

The X50 will fill a price point that no vapor skate has really hit before. The X60's are going to retail at approx. $599. It is equivalent to the XXXX in the sense that it is the flagship skate of the vapor line. The X40's will fill the pricepoint of the XXV and will be of similiar quality. The X50 will be introduced because there is a gap of about $300 between Bauers top of the line and their one step down.

Seriously?

Yes. I mean take for example what is on hockey giant. They have models IX, XII, XVI, XXII, XXV, XXXX. Now, I do know Roman numerals as well. But if I am in a shop and they have an older random pair of Vapors that are XX, it isn't as easy to figure out how good they might be as when you simply have 30, 50, 70, 90 like the other Bauer line. Are the XX the old top of the line or are they the old XXII's?

All right, maybe I am dense?