Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tooomey

Vapor X:60

You feel they aren't as stiff as the xxxx's! Safe to assume then that they have nothing on the one95's in terms of stiffness?

there's been quite enough said on stiffness of One95 (just read JR's review for instance) - while they certainly feel stiff if you just try flexing them with your hands they definitely don't feel nearly as stiff as XXXX while skating!

to explain further:

XXXX are total bricks & to me personally felt just the same on ice - like crap basically (I'm over 200 lbs & still couldn't flex them the way I'd have liked to)

One95 - whole different story - they just flex in all the right places & because of that I don't find them nearly as stiff as XXXXs - possibly just perception, but who cares - it works :)

Ohh, I see what you're saying. Yah I have the one95's and couldn't be happier with their stiffness, just curious if the X:60's will give that same feel in the boot.

I had a X60 and a One95 on at the same time today. The 95 felt slightly stiffer but was very nice. It is not as light as the 60 but the heel lock seemed great. Unfortunately the toe box felt too wide and sloppy for my feet. It was a toss up though. I think some guys who could only fit the one 95 may be able to use the 60s. Both seem like awesome skates.

Asfar as stiffness goes, I had to skip the top eyelet on my 40's to skate right (enough forward flexion). I don't think I'll need to do that on the 60's, but I'll know for sure tomorrow as I'll be on the ice at 8 am. I will report back.

Ok, here's one for you. My buddy warrantied his xxxx's a little while back and Bauer called him today about it. They said they'll send him either a X:60 or a X:60 dressed as a xxxx, and he's worried about the fit. He has a bit of a wide foot and has heard the X:60 has is very narrow in the heal. Any advice?

Tell him not to worry. I don't think the heel is really any smaller. It's just that the padding is thicker and it seems to lock the heel better in the way the Easton stealth line does with the ankle padding. If the 40's fit him I can't see him having any issues with these. Tell him to get the newer style. It looks wicked.

Yah thats what i thought as well. His thoughts were just that if its dressed like a xxxx it will have a wider last and be a better fit in the heel. Sounds like the two boots are the same/similar though.

All this talk about narrow heels in the X:60 has my curiosity going. I have One95s right now, EEs and they fit perfect everywhere but the heel where I get some slippage, nothing drastic just annoying at times. I had One90s before in D, perfect fit in the heel, too narrow up front. So depending on getting a new job that gives more hours and selling my current pair I've been considering going to a custom pair to get EE/A in the same size. For those of you that have tried them on, think a EE in X:60s might be the answer to my dilemma? Figured I'd get an opinion before I take the time to drive out to TotalHockey.

I have One95s right now, EEs and they fit perfect everywhere but the heel where I get some slippage, nothing drastic just annoying at times.

Surprised you say this... Did you try literally wrapping the boot around your heel right after baking (compressing it to comform to your foot)? When you get it from the oven the boot is so soft especially in the heel you can easily mold it into anything with just your hands & enough pressure (thanks for the tip TBL BTW ;))

that's what I did personally & was able to get an awesome heel lock - was done 5 months ago - no problems ever since (as soon as the boot cools down it holds the shape very well)

One95s have a stock C width, the x60s will not.

Thanks. I wish I had known that when I was at Pro Hockey Life today...hah.

Ok got the 60's today. Definetly the best fit I had from a skate out of the box. They are def softer then the 40's (maybe not softer but def better foreward flex) and I would say they feel a bit bigger too. I was a 6d in my 40s and I had to get them stretched with the 60s no such problems. The new liner is pretty cool. The whole skate is very impressive. Can't wait to try them on the ice.

Skated on them this AM. Definately lighter and more comfortable. There is more forward flex. I am able to tie laces to the top. The heel lock is better as well. After an hour and a half skating with the 40's I would of had to retie as the heel lift was that distracting. Not so here. I think it is the new liner that keeps your foot in place more than the ankle padding. There is zero break in required at this point. They felt great from the start. I think anyone on 40's will like these. That being said, if you have 40's and no heel lift issues no need to rush out and change if your 40's are still in good shape.

The 60's are a definate improvement on an already great skate. I think this liner will be the future in skates. It doesn't feel wet like the clarino liner after a hard skate.

Bauer has got their act together when it comes to skates. Between these and the 95's you have probably the two best skates on the market and should fit most people between them.

Can't wait to use them tomorrow. :D

Picked up a pair yesterday. They are unreal in all aspects. I had one95s before, and the x60s are less stiff, locks in the heel way better, and felf lighter also. They look better, and were cheaper too. Great job Bauer!

how does the fit compare to the older Vapor XXXX's?

Very similar with a little more volume around the ankle. More flexible. Toe box feels the same and the ankle padding grabs your heel better. Definately 1 notch up from xxxx's.

Just saw the skate for the first time.

Combination of the rep in FL thinking that I'd take a picture of it so he wouldn't show me the skate when he was in town (that was so 5 yrs ago, seriously :rolleyes:) and not working in retail anymore, I had zero exposure to this skate physically.

It looks really good actually. LHS did not have a 10.5 and while I know I won't fit in it, I'm curious to see how the liner feels on the foot. The foam feels awesome when you squeeze on it. Tongue's a bit more substantial than the previous offerings.

Glad to hear positive feedback on early reviews of the liner. The dual materials used at the top for wear combined with the Hydra Max liner are a great combination. The more durable liner at the top is such a no-brainer for interior skate construction. The idea actually came from one of the guys in the St. Jerome skate testing team.