Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tooomey

Vapor X:60

Ok, now back to the x:50, what are the real differences between the x:60 and the x:50, because every website says something different. Waiting for an answer from the guys that actually saw both skates. Is the liner the same, the tongue, ankle pads, etc?. Thanks

We've already covered it...the 50 is very close to the XXXX.

It has the same tongue as the XXXX. Same foam. Composite outsole. Same liner as the X:60 (the Hydra red part)

Very good skate.

Ok, thanks. The liner I was most curious about because it says hydra max on both the x:50 and the x:60, but from what you're saying the x:50 doesn't have the double liner, the abrasion resitant part. When you say same foam you're refering to the same foam as in the x:60, I hope.

Nope, the 50 says Hydra. Not HydraMax.

Um, no. Seriously, look at the catalogue, read the specs on the skate. Then read last year's. You will get your answer. It becomes very frustrating when we set up an avenue for you to do your research on a product and then you're still asking questions.

Checked them out. I love the liner and the insole!

To me the depth of the skate looks like a Vapor XXXX with a size up in the quarters. It's a nice skate, so is the X:50. I was impressed.

So, the 60 is deeper than the xxxx?

A size up would mean a deeper skate, it's pretty obvious.

To me the depth of the skate looks like a Vapor XXXX with a size up in the quarters. It's a nice skate, so is the X:50. I was impressed.

Can you order a custom skate a size down? That is, get a 60 that fits like a xxxx?

Skated in them again this morning. I can't believe how light these things feel. Even better today. I am very happy with this skate.

Not sure if my hockey shop put the FBV sharpening on them or not, but I was fooling around and with one push I covered the width of an Olympic size surface gliding on one skate. Only the boards stopped me. I never noticed that type of glide in a skate before.

If your thinking about these skates and they fit...GET THEM. You won't be disappointed.

Skated in them again this morning. I can't believe how light these things feel. Even better today. I am very happy with this skate.

Not sure if my hockey shop put the FBV sharpening on them or not, but I was fooling around and with one push I covered the width of an Olympic size surface gliding on one skate. Only the boards stopped me. I never noticed that type of glide in a skate before.

If your thinking about these skates and they fit...GET THEM. You won't be disappointed.

nothins more important in a highend skate then how far it can take us before we have to work again!

:lol:

nothins more important in a highend skate then how far it can take us before we have to work again!

:lol:

That's the truth! I'm 38 but they make me feel 34 again. lol

You need to work for Bauer because you are making me think about selling my 360 and stash of Synergy Elites, so I can get the money for the skates. :lol:

They are nice skates. I was definitely impressed with the new line, they look better in person and they feel great. Adding on to what I said before... The tendon guard is a little stiffer that the already stiff XXXX tendon guard. I'm not a fan of the tongue... I truly was blown away with the liner, you guys need to check it out, very nice. The insoles are great too, grippy on the toes and around the heel instead of across the length of the footbed. It's nice to see a non-cheap insole in a Bauer skate. I hope they sell them separately.

I can't really comment on weight since my holders are 296 and the X:60s I checked out were 272s... nearly any skate with 272s will feel lighter than my skates.

Just got back from checking them out and I'm with TBL, the only thing I don't like is the tongue but I've always been a supreme style tongue guy......Love the new liner, the added volume is nice for me but I'm still in between width's so I still have issues.......Overall very impressed with the skate

They are nice skates. I was definitely impressed with the new line, they look better in person and they feel great. Adding on to what I said before... The tendon guard is a little stiffer that the already stiff XXXX tendon guard. I'm not a fan of the tongue... I truly was blown away with the liner, you guys need to check it out, very nice. The insoles are great too, grippy on the toes and around the heel instead of across the length of the footbed. It's nice to see a non-cheap insole in a Bauer skate. I hope they sell them separately.

I can't really comment on weight since my holders are 296 and the X:60s I checked out were 272s... nearly any skate with 272s will feel lighter than my skates.

When you say non-cheap insole...... do you still put superfeet in them? or are the superfeet still in a different league all together?

Sorry about that JR, but last time I checked the bauer catalogue it didn't say anything about the x:60 :P .

Cheers :)

IF you have checked it recently I uploaded the entire thing.

Can you order a custom skate a size down? That is, get a 60 that fits like a xxxx?

Why would you do a custom skate order to fit like another skate?

How about to fit your foot?

Think it's time for a vacation.

I got a good look at them in person today.... Wow do they look great. This may just be me being optimistic- but as others have mentioned, it looks a heck of a lot deeper than previous Vapors. My only concern was the forefoot in the D width I was looking at looked real, real narrow. I'd like to try out a pair of Bauers, but I'm in no position to purchase so I didn't even ask for an E width pair. With my weight loss (52 lbs so far), I've noticed my footwear and my Missions being a little roomier. So I'm thinking of putting some loot aside, and trying a pair on. If they don't fit right, it's only a little more coin for One95's...

OK so I am very frustrated unlike all of you...I currently am a C width and have to find a pair of pro-stock C widths which could take awhile. What exactly happens when you get custom skates? Could this be an overall better choice for me if it's available for my problem? I am very frustrated because my one90's just are a mess and I'm in need of new skates. I have looked into the one95's, but i was also in love with my XXX's while I had them. So what happens when u custom order a skate? thanks and i'm sorry i am getting a bit off topic here

Any word on how the arch feels? The arches in my XX's felt ok, but the arches in the XXXX felt a bit high for me.

On the issue of the depth of the 60's, can anyone compare it to graf g5's or the ccm skates? Still less deep than ccm's?

These are more like the CCM FIT insoles but with grip areas.

Superfeet insoles are completely different.

someone with a pair could you post pictures of the liner

I have found this site useful to me in the past, so I am pleased to contribute here.

I have purchased the X:60's and was sold the Superfeet by the salesman. I have used superfeet in shoes before but never in skates.

IMG00039-20090412-1621.jpg (photo of insoles)

I have not used the skates yet, but here is my opinion of the liners. The superfeet as do all superfeet push up on the inside arch for me. They do so more than the stock liner. The stock liner has an edge on the outside which the superfeet liner does not. In my case, the superfeet liner feels a slightly more snug. I don't really see any impact of the toe grip on the liner. I can feel a little of the sticky material on the stock liner but espescially if you wear socks like me, then it won't do anything for your foot. It is really not that sticky. I could not tell if the rear shock absorber on the stock liner will have much of an effect as compared to the superfeet liner which has a plastic piece underneath that also would provide some shock absorption.

My comments on the skates in general. My last skates are the CCM Vector Pro's which are by far the nicest skates that I have owned. The CCM's are super light, have good skating support and tremendous protection. Only 1 puck has hurt my foot of many shots taken so far over the past 3 years. The durability of the CCM's is OK as they are all dinged up from use. My first impressions (having tried on but not skated yet) of the Bauer X:60's is that they are just as light. Having skated with Bauer's before and Tuuk blades I have found holders/steel to be similar to CCM. The construction of the skate appears like it will be more durable than the CCM. Unfortunately, I will not be skating for the next 2 months so I won't get to try these skates for a couple of months to give you a real comparison. With the shape of the liner and potentially baking them, the heel feels like it will stay in position. The tongue appears to have better protection than my CCM Vectors.

Here are some pictures of the skates

IMG00038-20090408-2032.jpg (Vapor X:60 Label)

IMG00037-20090408-2028.jpg (photo of skates - side view)

IMG00037-20090408-2027.jpg (photo of skates - rear view)

IMG00040-20090412-1734.jpg (photo of skates - dual material liner)

Just remember that Superfeet don't properly support everyone's foot. I ditched mine pretty fast, although they felt better when I removed the plastic heel cup. The grip is improved over the last set of Vapors simply because it's not throughout the insole, which caused the insole to stick to my socks and bunch up... many times I had to take the skates back off and fix the insole. It was pretty annoying. Obviously, they also added a lot of drainage holes in the insole, again... an improvement. The heel pad is just comfortable. I'm not sure about any shock dampening but the CCM FIT insoles were just comfortable for me. If you compared the previous Vapor insoles, you'd understand why I mentioned this feature as a big surprise/improvement.

That last picture is great, it really shows the texture of the liner.