Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tooomey

Vapor X:60

Just remember that Superfeet don't properly support everyone's foot. I ditched mine pretty fast, although they felt better when I removed the plastic heel cup. The grip is improved over the last set of Vapors simply because it's not throughout the insole, which caused the insole to stick to my socks and bunch up... many times I had to take the skates back off and fix the insole. It was pretty annoying. Obviously, they also added a lot of drainage holes in the insole, again... an improvement. The heel pad is just comfortable. I'm not sure about any shock dampening but the CCM FIT insoles were just comfortable for me. If you compared the previous Vapor insoles, you'd understand why I mentioned this feature as a big surprise/improvement.

That last picture is great, it really shows the texture of the liner.

Just a slight correction. "Just remember that Superfeet don't properly support everyone's foot." Support and fit are 2 different things.

They will support anyone's foot if fitted properly. However you are correct in saying some may not like the support and may need custom orthodics or in some cases nothing but the stock insole.

So the new vapors again have more volume than the previous vapors? The xxxx were already a lot deeper than the xxx. Seems like every manufactor is adding more volume to their skates... Vapors, Supremes, Vectors/U+, rbks... Thats really a problem for people who need shallow skates! Graf 703/G3 would be an option but not if you dont like low cut boots..

In an ideal world all skates would be offered in C/D/E width and S/M/L volume ;)

Just curious, sorry if it has been asked before, but i couldnt find it anywhere, but why are the one95s still more expensive than the X:60s?

Different manufacturing process.

The Vapor is still a traditionally-made skate. The ONE95 is pre-formed with a machine - that's how it has that anatomical shape to the boot in the ankle/heel area.

So the new vapors again have more volume than the previous vapors?

Based on my time in the LHS test fitting new and old Vapors I'd say yes they have a bit more volume.

Any word on how the arch feels? The arches in my XX's felt ok, but the arches in the XXXX felt a bit high for me.

Arches are a bit high, but not the highest I have ever felt. I have never worn a XX but the new Vapors do give me a bit of discomfort in the arch.

The D width is not overly narrow. I am a borderline E width and the new Vapors are pretty snug but not painful.

Sorry about that JR, but last time I checked the bauer catalogue it didn't say anything about the x:60 :P .

Cheers :)

IF you have checked it recently I uploaded the entire thing.

Checked them out. I love the liner and the insole!

To me the depth of the skate looks like a Vapor XXXX with a size up in the quarters. It's a nice skate, so is the X:50. I was impressed.

So, the 60 is deeper than the xxxx?

A size up would mean a deeper skate, it's pretty obvious.

Can you order a custom skate a size down? That is, get a 60 that fits like a xxxx?

Why would you do a custom skate order to fit like another skate?

How about to fit your foot?

Think it's time for a vacation.

I meant could I get the length I need, but with a shallower boot? Sounds like it might be good for me to have the fit of the XXXX but with the new liner / other features of the 60.

You're missing the point.

If you make a custom skate, it's going to fit your foot. It will address any volume (or lack of) issues that you may encounter.

You're missing the point.

If you make a custom skate, it's going to fit your foot. It will address any volume (or lack of) issues that you may encounter.

Thanks. I didn't realize volume issues could be addressed with a custom order.

Aren't all those videos on their website? Pictures are awesome though.

I think so, I just prefer websites that aren't massive flash applets.

Most of the people I've spoken to seem to really like the skate. Being a goalie I haven't tried them, but if you're going to offer a skate for several hundred dollars, it better be darn good. Like I said, people seem to be happy with it.

Picked up my pair locally today. Have several pairs of Vapor XXXs and thats what I've been skating in up until yesterday actually. Tried the 6.5 and 7D X-60 and the 7D felt best.

LHS had em listed for $549 (Dave's Sport Shop in Maple Grove, MN) so I grabbed em. Said they've sold about a dozen pairs already....

DSC02243.jpg

On the Bauer facebook pics there is a helmet called the 5100.Whats the difference between that one and the 9500?

Fits like a 4500. Even rang up on the register as a 4500

Handled the skates yesterday. Look really nice, feel soft though. Think I might actually be satisfied with the skates I have for once... although the liner did feel amazing.

Got mine sharpened today by the only guy that touches my skates(for over 15 years). Boyer's Blades in Osseo, MN. Out of the box the left skate had a 9 foot radius and the right blade had a 13 foot radius. WTF??? First thing he asked was who else sharpened them. I said they must have came that way from Bauer and I told my LHS not to sharpen them when I bought em.