Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tooomey

Vapor X:60

Got to hold the X:60 stick last night. Very light. The shaft shape was thin and seemed rather rounded. My first thought was something similar to the Flyweight metamorphic but not as thin. It does look sharp.

thats awesome for me, I love that meta shape B)

Playing AAA i was expecting a lot of kids to make the transition to the X:60's i was wrong.. there have only been 4 kids and not one of them has been happy with the skates so far.. I don't know why.. it'll probably just be the breaking in process but we'll see.. other guys i know went back to XXXX's, one found a pair of XXX and another to one95... some that has these tell me why theyre turning people off?

because they bought them for marketing and not the fit?

*shrug*

I'd be happy to let anyone try on a pair of skates but you have to get the right ones for your feet, not your ego. The people who get the right skates are the ones who come in and say "I have no intention of letting marketing turn into unfounded brand loyalty, I want to try on every skate that will fit my foot that you have"

When I tried them on, I felt the main thing that drew me away from them was the liner. It kind of felt like sandpaper to my feet, and this is coming from someone who skates in first gen stealth skates.

Got to hold the X:60 stick last night. Very light. The shaft shape was thin and seemed rather rounded. My first thought was something similar to the Flyweight metamorphic but not as thin. It does look sharp.

It's more like a wheelbarrow than a Meta. Regardless, I like it.

It's more like a wheelbarrow than a Meta. Regardless, I like it.

so you mean its only rounded at the top hand?

I don't have any experience with the skates, but a buddy of mine bought the X60s right around the time they were released. He says they're light and comfortable and he really likes the liner, but durability so far has been pretty bad. He took a shot off the inside of his right boot and the sole is seperating from the boot. Also, there is a pretty big chunk taken out of the side of the heel from another skate. The cut took out a pretty good size layer of the boot and you can see an inner liner. I'll see if I can get pictures of the boot and show the damage before he sends them in for warranty.

Ya, but if he's trying to send them back due to the huge chunk that's been taken out i'd be darned if they sent him another pair of skates. It was caused through normal usage of the skate. Its not like the boot just randomly lost a chunk haha, As for the out sole separation that is definitely an warranty issue but can also be considered under the normal game usage category if you know what i mean, since it was caused by the shot that he ended up taking off the foot.

Yeah, I don't think hes worried so much about the chunk as he is the sole seperation. I do understand what you're saying about it happening during normal use, but it shouldn't happen on a pair of brand new skates that he hasn't used for more than 15 skates.

I wouldn't say that the X:60's have a durability problem based on one guy who damaged his skates during the normal use of them in a game situation. I'd wait for a few more cases before slandering them as not being tough or having issues.

kinda offtopic but the new gear section is up, not very impressive and funny thing, at the goalie gear section in the chest and arm section they only show the supreme line and in the backround is a pic with the x:60 chest and arm

Had them for about 2 weeks. CCM warrantied out my U+'s and I went and got these, sorry CCM.

Its a "V" shaped skate. Its not the Vapor XXX Fit they claimed it to be. My heel is locked in, but the forefoot is more like my S15, although not quite to that extreme. That being said, I do have a narrow foot. They are a relativly stiff skate, but not uncomfortable. I am a higher level referee and during the season is a better indication, so far I have just done some tryout camps for teams and they havent given me much problem. I thought I was going to die after 6 hours on the ice, but my feet felt pretty good for being new skates. THe ankle is a little high and the tendon guard rubbed kinda funny but nothing too crazy. Responsive nice was good. Didnt respond quite like my U+s but are much more comfortable, and I didnt push them very hard yet, because I feel a new skate is like learning to skate all over again. I cannot speak to durability yet, but will keep you guys posted during my friday/saturday marathons during the season.

Both the X60 and XXXX fit me like a glove. Can anyone comment if the X60 is really worth the extra cash over the great price on the xxxx's right now? I have XXV's, gonna put em on the bay and prob upgrade to the XXXX.

I really like the tweaked more forward position on the X60's, the ankle pads, as compared to the XXXX's

New liner is cool but this is not that big of a deal to me.

Just wanted someones 2 cents on these X60's. Dude, 600 bones compared to 349 is a big difference.

Any feedback from former XXXX skaters.....Would you do it all over again and get another pair of 60's or just stick with the XXXX's for a sick price.

Both the X60 and XXXX fit me like a glove. Can anyone comment if the X60 is really worth the extra cash over the great price on the xxxx's right now? I have XXV's, gonna put em on the bay and prob upgrade to the XXXX.

I really like the tweaked more forward position on the X60's, the ankle pads, as compared to the XXXX's

New liner is cool but this is not that big of a deal to me.

Just wanted someones 2 cents on these X60's. Dude, 600 bones compared to 349 is a big difference.

Any feedback from former XXXX skaters.....Would you do it all over again and get another pair of 60's or just stick with the XXXX's for a sick price.

Buy the XXXX at that price. Take the extra cash and buy another OPS. Going from XXV to XXXX will be a smooth smart transition. You could always drop the extra dough on the X:60 but best bang for your buck is XXXX on sale price.

That's what I thought but I want to know for sure. I ordered the x:60's and I want to get a set of step steel for them.

A quick google couldn't tell me the exact measurement but since they are the same LS2 holders the same size 7 on an older skate will be the same, you know in case you had a Vapor XXXX, XXV or XVI sitting around to look at.

My foot is usually between a really narrow D width or a C width. Its kinda shaped like the opposite of the V. (Not really but I'm sure you guys get the point) At the moment, I'm wearing a One95 skate in a C width. And they fit bang on, but they are completely torn apart. So I'm on the market for some new skates. As far width goes, do the x60's D width even come close to a C width One95, or is much wider. Because a D width Vapor 40 felt like I was skating in the ocean. As far as the cut of the boot, are they as high cut and forward pitched as the One95's. Or do they feel more like the Vapors 40's in terms of boot cut and the pitch back on the heels.

A quick google couldn't tell me the exact measurement but since they are the same LS2 holders the same size 7 on an older skate will be the same, you know in case you had a Vapor XXXX, XXV or XVI sitting around to look at.

I've had a few size 7 bauers in the past, and they've always been 263.

Yeah, but it's hard to give a full video review based on artist renderings of a Hefter helmet.

Sorry im a bit late, but i just got that now. Puckmugger .. enough said. I dont know how anyone takes his bs seriously .. and the fact that he gets paid for it too.