Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tooomey

Vapor X:60

it may just be me but has anyone else felt that the X-60's run a bit big? i tried on a 7.5 in the 60's and it felt big where as in both xxx and xxxx's i was a solid 7.5. i tried the 7 in the 60's and it felt much better though, anyone else notice this?

it may just be me but has anyone else felt that the X-60's run a bit big? i tried on a 7.5 in the 60's and it felt big where as in both xxx and xxxx's i was a solid 7.5. i tried the 7 in the 60's and it felt much better though, anyone else notice this?

I think they run big also; about a 1/4 size. I always felt the bauer 7 was a little big for me, but the 6.5 was too small. The 6.5 in the vapor 60 is just right for me.

kinda offtopic but the new gear section is up, not very impressive and funny thing, at the goalie gear section in the chest and arm section they only show the supreme line and in the backround is a pic with the x:60 chest and arm

Looking through some chest/arms on Hockey Monkey I noticed the X:60 pictured on Bauers site is rebranded Itech XR-10s

Vapor%20X60%20Chest.jpg

yhst-90879101131287_2055_2797044.jpeg

Looking through some chest/arms on Hockey Monkey I noticed the X:60 pictured on Bauers site is rebranded Itech XR-10s

Makes sense, since Itech is number one in Goalie Equipment. They just absorb all that R & D and product with new badging.

Any word on the x:50?

Very comfortable skate softer than Vapor 40s, good stiffness, they fit wider and deeper than i expected for a Junior skate, especially the toe box.

In the Vapor XXXX i was a size 6. On the X50 i found there was too much volume(size6) so i went to a 5.5R skate. For me volume wise the X:50 is a better fit than my ONR95 5.5R. ONE95s not bashing them still love those just i find the lower cut boot better for my skating style.

When i tried mine on at majer hockey. they had a used pair of xxx's so i tried them on to compare them to the x:60. They had a similar fit but not exact the same. I found a better locking heel and more room in the toe box in the X:60 slightly more volume.

I think they run big also; about a 1/4 size. I always felt the bauer 7 was a little big for me, but the 6.5 was too small. The 6.5 in the vapor 60 is just right for me.

Yeah I found they run bigger as well. I'm a size 9 in most skates. I tried on a pair of XXXX in 8.5 and they were too small. However today I tried on the X:50 and the 9's were definitely too big, but the 8.5 fit me perfect.

got that they run a bit big compared to the xxxx, but to the xxx? because I know they said they used the same mold like in the xxx

When I tried them on, I felt the main thing that drew me away from them was the liner. It kind of felt like sandpaper to my feet, and this is coming from someone who skates in first gen stealth skates.
Curious if any "barefooters" have used them long enough to give any comment on the new liner when going sockless?

I had a first skate this morning on a pair of X:50's. The fit and feel of the skate was fantastic, but that liner was very rough on the first run. Especially on my heels, and a bit on the ankles as well. Doesn't seem to have the initial comfort of the XXXX or U+ style liner. I'm considering wearing some ultra-thin socks or getting a pair of the EZeeFit ankle booties, at least until the skates are broken in a little more. Other than the heel/ankle discomfort I found them very comfortable.

Have any of you guys tried SuperFeet with your X60's yet? If so, did SF affect the way your heel locked into the skate compared to the X60's insole?

How comparable is SF with the X60's insole?

got that they run a bit big compared to the xxxx, but to the xxx? because I know they said they used the same mold like in the xxx

The Vapor 60 is NOT in the same mold as the XXX!

Same profile maybe, but these skates are deeper it seems than the XXXX

I would guess a lot of people would have been a 1/2 size smaller in the XXXX than the XXX.

The Vapor 60 is NOT in the same mold as the XXX!

Same profile maybe, but these skates are deeper it seems than the XXXX

I would guess a lot of people would have been a 1/2 size smaller in the XXXX than the XXX.

Very true. The 60 is not like the mold of the XXX. The XXX was not as deep as this boot, and generally the XXX was about a 1/2 size smaller than the XXXX ( I wore 9.5 in XXX and 9 in XXXX).

MLSMan has a pr

Yepper!

Will post pics tomorrow...

Guys, bottom line, because this is getting really confusing when it comes to sizing. I wear an 8.5 in Flexlites, what size should I get with the new vapors (x:50)? I don't care about the fittment aspects and I don't have anywhere to try them on, so if I wear an 8.5 in flexlites, what size of new gen vapors should I get? Thank you