Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Spent the 4th in a small town in Montana. Classic Americana, hasn't changed in the 20 years since I was there as a kid, probably hadn't changed in the 40+ years before that. Street dance, parade, rodeo, picnics in the park.

Spent Saturday at a friend's daughter's wedding, so more dancing to be had with my 12 and 10 year-old daughters. I'm not at all ready to even think about giving either of them away, but it's fun to be their Daddy. :)

• Like 1

Spent the 4th in a small town in Montana. Classic Americana, hasn't changed in the 20 years since I was there as a kid, probably hadn't changed in the 40+ years before that. Street dance, parade, rodeo, picnics in the park.

Spent Saturday at a friend's daughter's wedding, so more dancing to be had with my 12 and 10 year-old daughters. I'm not at all ready to even think about giving either of them away, but it's fun to be their Daddy. :)

Spent the 4th in Red Lodge back in the early 90s...great place

• Like 1

My baseball team won our 1st game today, we were like 0-10 with 3 games left so it felt pretty good, I pitched the 1st 3 1/3 innings to.

Watching old Stanley Cup games on the NHL Network. Right now it's the '80 Cup final (Isles vs. Flyers). Wow- never saw so many Gretzky style Jofa helmets and even Mikita helmets, not to mention the no helmet players. Then, there's Butch Goring's helmet!!!!

Billy Smith is wearing a Jofa with an HM30.

Edited by bunnyman666
  • Like 1

Just finished my second interview for a new job and it looks promising. the new dilemma is the fact I have a potential deal at another job at a local shop. Probably the best problem I've had in the past ten years

• Like 1

In Canada :) Makes me so happy being here. Just wish the weather was warmer. We had planned on spending some time on the lake but it's pretty windy and chilly.

You guys may have seen the posts I've made in the venting thread about my current team. Well, today I finally get to post in the Sweet Spot thread instead.

I don't know if the captain and his assistants had a chat or what, but not only was the superstar first liner a lot less silly with his ice time and such, but he was actually pleasant and helpful. Not to mention we only had two lines tonight (which may have had a good deal to do with it), and the "A" was on my line. I asked him if he was playing centre and he was like "I can, do you not want to?" I said I've never played center besides taking the odd faceoff while killing a penalty, and suggested I'll try it if we get up a few goals. He was like "nah, get out there and we can switch if you want later." Wow. So I played the entire game at centre. Tiring as hell and I wasn't 100% sure of my positioning or coverage (I found myself often in the way of the RW, which is my usual spot) but it was really fun. I love taking faceoffs as well. I was maybe 35-40%, which is a lot better than I had expected to be. One guy beat me every time but the other two centers it was probably 50/50 with.

Anyway, I still don't plan to play with these guys beyond this season (planning on changing to the new rink opening up this fall), but at least things seem to be a bit better than they were and sticking with it through the playoffs won't be so bad after all. We'll see!

As grumpy as a forced washer/dryer pair purchase has made me, I am happy that I can FINALLY get washers and dryers almost advanced as they are back home ;)

Edited by bunnyman666
  • Like 2

The last few months have been a little stressful. Between work travel, finances, and having to replace my entire roof....it's been a little taxing. With everything going on I had to decide to take a break from hockey for a season or two to take care of things. Which also meant missing a local tournament the team I play with always participates in. Luckily, my teammates are so awesome that they are covering my fee and asking me to play since they know I'll miss the next season. Happy to know I have some more hockey with great friends for the next couple days.

Edited by hunt3rsean
  • Like 4

Son leaves in little over a week to training camp with the University of Utah hockey team(ACHA). So excited to see how it shakes out, he plays. Equal amounts proud, excited, anxious.

• Like 4

Spent last weekend in northern Michigan with my new wife,my 14 year old daughter and 16 year old son doing "touristy" things. 1st mini vacation since my divorce that didnt have something to do with sports. Spent a day in the U.P. A good time was had by all. doesn't get any sweeter than that.

• Like 1

Just to follow up from my last post. Had a great weekend playing in the West coast Checking For Charity tournament. Went smoothly minus some refereeing that was more comical than anything else during our first game. Our team lost the first game by a goal but ended up winning our division! Very little chippiness and everyone seemed to just have a good time playing. Was a great way to spend a hot weekend with family and friends.

• Like 1