Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

I enjoyed coaching peewees and bantams. You earn credibility by doing all of the hard skating drills with them. It is hard for them to slack when the coach is skating hard.

• Like 2

Cool, welcome to 2005!

LOL I know. Funny thing is, I was an early adopter back before they started requiring data plans. I just used wifi and it was enough for my needs at the time. But I was poor and couldn't bear the extra $40 a month when they started mandating bundled data plans. The evolution of the market for smartphones and the pricing structures surrounding them has been fascinating.

Had my first ever 2 goal game tonight in a 5-2 loss. One on a breakaway, and the other picking up the puck at center on the wall, getting around their d-man and cutting to the net and sliding it 5-hole. Almost had a third but I only got a small piece of what was a perfect centering pass.

Being able to go to NHL.com and watching highlights from the previous night. It's an annual occurrence, but it never gets old.

I may live to realize that this doesn't belong in the Sweet Spot, but the wife and I have finally given in and are getting smartphones.

I'll be doing the same within the next couple of months. Between officiating and school, it's practically a 'must' for me to given in ha.

I played my first B drop-in last night.

WAAAAY faster than I'm used to in C. I didn't feel like a complete hack, but I know I need to go back and spend a lot more time hustling in C to get my quickness up.

Went to the fire station to see if I could take some vitals for class, and for the first time managed a couple of successful, accurate blood pressures! Very exciting.

• Like 2

Took a friend with me to the Coyotes red/white scrimmage. She had fun with that and her new job gives her weekends off so she's talking about getting a jersey and joining me at the games.

• Like 2

Only scored one goal this week despite a bajillion chances. Picked it up at center, crossed the blue line, put it through the defenceman's legs and went wide. Got to the dot and ripped a wrist shot off the far post and in.

And to top it all off, I was wearing these beauties (SF Bulls Pride Day socks):

9h3AqJrl.png

Started league again on Tuesday night.

I took power skating classes in the spring and have been on the ice for a month now. I thought I'd have an advantage.

But the other newer skaters have also improved and the more seasoned skaters are not that rusty. It was so much fun. GREAT competition and great friends on both teams. We won 5-4 in overtime.

A lot of people who were on the team we had a friendly rivalry with this spring were drafted on my team this fall, and several of my former teammates were on the opposing team. One of my former teammates was really pushing me around when I got in her house, and one of my new teammates shoved a good buddy of mine (they were on the same team last spring) right into the boards. I hope the whole season is like this.

Life is f-ing awesome!

• Like 4

Started refereeing again after a 7 year break. Starting over at level 1, but have 13 games scheduled already. Felt so good to get back out there again!

Crazy! I'm not even scheduled for one yet. Then again, they dont know I have my crest yet. Been too busy to even think about it.

Crazy! I'm not even scheduled for one yet. Then again, they dont know I have my crest yet. Been too busy to even think about it.

A lot of rinks in this area. When I got my crest, I emailed all the assignors directly. Let them know I was available and looking for games, and gave them my contact info.

A lot of rinks in this area. When I got my crest, I emailed all the assignors directly. Let them know I was available and looking for games, and gave them my contact info.

If work ever settles down I may get my mentorship games in, but that may not be any time soon.