Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Played p/u last night against a clearly superior bunch of hockey players. While they were tolerant of us slower skaters they basically practiced around us. It was awesome. The snow was falling, the lights seemed just right, the ice was fine and I got to play hockey. I feel like playing over your head, while physically imposing, is a great way to improve. I was always pushing hard. Very cool.

• Like 3

Played p/u last night against a clearly superior bunch of hockey players. While they were tolerant of us slower skaters they basically practiced around us. It was awesome. The snow was falling, the lights seemed just right, the ice was fine and I got to play hockey. I feel like playing over your head, while physically imposing, is a great way to improve. I was always pushing hard. Very cool.

Wish I had the balls to do this.... My son has some regular skates he goes to & always pushes me to join him & I cannot get past the fact that I'll be a pylon out there. Know it would be good for my game & great exercise(sort of my always second bonus, better than a run, treadmill or elliptical), but I worry so much, just can't get myself to go lace um up....

made it through the weekend. as mentioned before played roller for the first time in many years, but that was just the start of a weekend where I played 3 sports in 24 hours that I hadn't played in a combined 25 years. My main goal was not to fall, which I accomplished, but perhaps I should have been more concerned about head safety as I took a rollerblade to the jaw (with cage on, thankfully) and a soccer ball to the nose/face. Sore all over, but I got a goal in both soccer and roller, so win win! although the roller game was drop in, and my soccer team lost 2-4. But hey, I got a draw in racquetball doubles!!!!!

• Like 2

Caihlen, you're nuts; but in a good way!

I wish our local dropin would be more consistent with play level. Sometimes it's A-, sometimes it's C-, depending on who shows up.

Some of the guys who make it A- could better be described in the "pick up hockey (shinny) pet peeves" thread.

It's good to play with people up to a level better than you...but frustrating if they're playing 2-3 levels above you.

As long as you're having fun, that's the #1 thing that matters!

Get out there, EJB. The best hockey is played on the ice with your kids.

• Like 1

I don't have to go in to work tomorrow!

(note: I live in the blizzard zone. And work is still open, for some mysterious and unfathomable reason. I work at a gym, for pete's sake. Not an essential service.)

Local rink cancelled all programs for this Sunday. Apparently there's some kind of event going on? *shrug*

Anyway, they basically offered the adult teams the ice for the entire day for pickup and/or practice. Just have to claim your time slot!

I was the only one that showed up to my local drop in today

Sounds like fun until it gets boring about 30min in! I like the pond if I want to skate by myself. I like dropin with at least 10 people so I can be pushed!

Local rink cancelled all programs for this Sunday. Apparently there's some kind of event going on? *shrug*

Anyway, they basically offered the adult teams the ice for the entire day for pickup and/or practice. Just have to claim your time slot!

Sa-weet!

Put a TV in the lobby so a few people can keep up on the score (instead of staying home) and enjoy the ice!

Sa-weet!

Put a TV in the lobby so a few people can keep up on the score (instead of staying home) and enjoy the ice!

At college intramurals, whenever an important sporting event was happening, we'd hook the radio into the PA and fire it up. No need to even leave the ice.

Bleh, the whole reason I'm going is to avoid the Superb Owl. I don't need that crap blasting in my ears while I'm trying to play a real sport.

im with Chris on this one.

• Like 2

Bleh, the whole reason I'm going is to avoid the Superb Owl. I don't need that crap blasting in my ears while I'm trying to play a real sport.

I had to re-read your comment a couple of times to figure out what the Superb owl was and why you were trying to avoid this owl.

I had to re-read your comment a couple of times to figure out what the Superb owl was and why you were trying to avoid this owl.

hoo is this owl you speak of and why is he superb? :)

Football isn't a real sport haha?

Do you mean the grass-diving version preferred around the world or the version where it's a penalty if most of the players actually put their foot on the ball that is played over here?

I'd prefer neither, though if I had to choose one it would be actual football, not hand-egg. I'll take rugby over either. Basketball is almost as bad as US football, and at least baseball is SUPPOSED to be slow and boring.

Do you mean the grass-diving version preferred around the world or the version where it's a penalty if most of the players actually put their foot on the ball that is played over here?

In this case, American football. But football, or futbol, is a great sport too. Well, at least I, and most of the world, think so haha.

I'd prefer neither, though if I had to choose one it would be actual football, not hand-egg. I'll take rugby over either. Basketball is almost as bad as US football, and at least baseball is SUPPOSED to be slow and boring.

To each their own ha.