Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Be up front with the guy, tell him exactly why you need to be sized and offer a little something for the effort. You're getting free skates so throwing the guy $30 or so to size you up is still a bargain.

• Like 2

Be up front with the guy, tell him exactly why you need to be sized and offer a little something for the effort. You're getting free skates so throwing the guy $30 or so to size you up is still a bargain.

That was basically my plan. I don't know if the store in question has a fitting fee, but I'll pay if they do, and I'll probably need to come back and have them baked as well (which I know they charge for).

It was such a nice day today. The snow's been melting nicely, and I unearthed my bike to ride to work for the first time in almost two months. People at workplace were even (mostly) friendly.

I love summer. I love the sundresses that go with summer even more.

And people wonder why I want to move somewhere with 12 months of summer.

• Like 1

And people wonder why I want to move somewhere with 12 months of summer.

Hey now, we get about a month where it drops under 60F consistently and rains.

Beating the first place team in beer league twice in a row with a GAA of 0.5 in those 2 games. We handed them their only loses in the entire season to knock them out of the playoffs.

I played decent, but I have never seen a beer league team say they were going to play a system and actually go out and implement it. So proud of them and they seriously made my job easy.

• Like 3

Getting off the snide! Been a bit since I've lit the lamp.... Tonight finally grinned one. It was ugly, behind the net, tried to throw it in front for a chance, caught a skate, off the pipe and in, popped out immediately, under the goalie. I'll take it! Funny, besides me and the refs, everyone was getting at the faceoff circle. I skated to center ice and sat, finally had to say to my team "hey, Boys, that's a goal."

Truth be told, don't know if the ref didn't make a big call or what, I had to look to see if a ref was at the scorers table to confirm....(when I spoke up)

Wouldn't have mattered, but won in shootout, after being down 2. Fun night and better yet, love a game with two well matched teams.

Won't post in the crap spot, but last shift broke a stick...

• Like 1

The nightmare from hell is almost finished. Two projects completed, two to go. At least the squeeze is a bit less now, even though I'll be working nights and all weekend on these last two.

I'd kill for a 9-5 sometimes.

Edited by OptimusReim

The Mozart (Requiem) went beautifully this morning, although there's still some hiccups to be ironed out before next week. The choir and the congregation had a wonderful musical "Moment" at the end of service, singing Amazing Grace acapella as the final hymn. I'm reminded why I love singing so much.

Our director was so pleased with us as we ran through everything in the morning, she said, "You sound great, I could've had call 15 minutes later." (cue rumblings from the choir - call was at 8:30am for a 10am service.)

• Like 3

The Mozart (Requiem) went beautifully this morning, although there's still some hiccups to be ironed out before next week. The choir and the congregation had a wonderful musical "Moment" at the end of service, singing Amazing Grace acapella as the final hymn. I'm reminded why I love singing so much.

Our director was so pleased with us as we ran through everything in the morning, she said, "You sound great, I could've had call 15 minutes later." (cue rumblings from the choir - call was at 8:30am for a 10am service.)

As a musician I totally get this. Musical "moments" are so rare and special.... Good for you.

• Like 1