Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Crazy fun dropin last night.

Fast skate, 8 people on each bench...usually boring, but it was fast enough that time to catch my breath wasn't a bad thing.

My cousin's husband joined us. He grew up in Wisconsin and went to Michigan Tech. He's currently living in the hockey wasteland of Texas.

Complained that he was out of shape. I don't think anyone else noticed. :)

• Like 2

Brought home a Beer League 'Chip Thursday, took my dad to a concert Friday and then we went to the Kings/Preds game Saturday.

Couldn't have asked for a better weekend that encompassed spending time with family, playing hockey, watching hockey and seeing a great band live. Well, maybe a King's W would have been nice too but this isn't the Venting thread haha.

• Like 2

The annual Vegas March Madness trip was as usual an interesting time, was great to get out in some warm weather. Crazy 4 days with the guys, made some money, met some interesting people (as we seem to do every trip) and I wasn't hampered too bad with my walking boot. I could use a day or two to recuperate though, was running on fumes and the red eye back last night did me in but we're already looking forward to next year.

Drove a car today for the first time in something like 8 years. Instructor was patient. My technique is horrendous but I didn't destroy anything and it was a lot less traumatic than anticipated.

• Like 1

The Men's Choir (aka, the male half of the Sanctuary Choir) got to do an ensemble piece of our own this morning, which was the highlight of my week, because when we do an ensemble piece there's a 99% chance we get to act like complete dorks in front of the congregation.

After about 100 minutes of hockey tonight, 3 periods and 6 over times, my son buried a slap shot to win the Championship for his beer league team. Fun stuff!

image.jpg1_zpsbmore7o0.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsh0oibi98.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsuur15vrl.jpg

Edited by EJB
  • Like 6

Working a short week on afternoons (5:30p-4a), but still making more than I made last week in a full week thanks to 4 hours of double time Good Friday morning.

• Like 2

First track meet, set my new pr for the 800, a 2:19 l, and ran a 5:33 for the mile, which could have been faster if I wasn't tired from the 800 still

• Like 2

I got to play goal for the Boston Bruins alumni today! :ohmy:

Had the usual pickup this morning, and afterward I was in the locker room, and the rink manager comes and he's like hey, you're the goalie? Yeah, I'm a goalie. And he says, the Bruins alumni team needs a goalie today, do you wanna play for them?

Well yes of course. I ended up splitting the game with the guy who runs the clinic I skate at, and it was so, so much fun. People in the stands, an announcer. It was a charity game for the Dana-Farber institute and the doctors are pretty darn good, although it was clear the Bruins alumni could pretty much turn the game whichever way they were inclined. I made some decent stops and the alumni were all very nice, and I came home with the game puck.

Seriously, accidentally the best Saturday ever. :biggrin:

• Like 15

I got to play goal for the Boston Bruins alumni today! :ohmy:

Had the usual pickup this morning, and afterward I was in the locker room, and the rink manager comes and he's like hey, you're the goalie? Yeah, I'm a goalie. And he says, the Bruins alumni team needs a goalie today, do you wanna play for them?

Well yes of course. I ended up splitting the game with the guy who runs the clinic I skate at, and it was so, so much fun. People in the stands, an announcer. It was a charity game for the Dana-Farber institute and the doctors are pretty darn good, although it was clear the Bruins alumni could pretty much turn the game whichever way they were inclined. I made some decent stops and the alumni were all very nice, and I came home with the game puck.

Seriously, accidentally the best Saturday ever. :biggrin:

Those games are so much fun to play in....

Shoebottom is the only a DB. You have to keep your head up when he is around

• Like 1

Those games are so much fun to play in....

Shoebottom is the only a DB. You have to keep your head up when he is around

Shoebottom didn't seem so bad, but maybe it's different for a skater vs. a goalie. Bob Cormier was kind of intimidating. Most of the guys, Bob Beers and Tom Songin in particular were nice about dropping back and encouraging me between plays, making sure no one ran over me, etc.

(also, having a pack of former NHL'ers taking warm-up shots on you is both exhilarating and utterly terrifying.)

• Like 1

Crazy last few days, impromptu trip to Indianapolis for the final 4 on Saturday, annual Detroit Tiger Baseball Opening Day craziness Monday, followed by Wings/ Canes last night in the upstairs club seats at the Joe. Can't rebound like I could when I was in my early 20's and I'm paying for it all today but it was worth it. There will be some serious sauna time at the gym today after I finish my physical therapy.

• Like 3

Couple solid hours of drop in, now it don't even feel bad about how much I'm going to eat and drink tonight! Meat is on the grill and bourbon in my glass.

• Like 1