Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Drafted my C league team for this season, and I'm very stoked.

4 REALLY good skaters I never expected to be able to pull all 4, one of them helped me coach our rookie group last season.

3 insane ladies who can outdrink all of us and are an absolute hoot both on and off the ice.

3 of our rookies from last season, and I'm stoked that my friend and I both get to be on the ice with them this fall. 2 of our other rookies are playing C league and they're on the same team with a friend of mine as Captain.

Took a chance on 2 new guys, hopefully they like us!

First game Tuesday night.

I love hockey, and I really love our local beer league!!

And man am I chuffed to be on your team with all those great players!!!!!

• Like 1

Not sure where to post this, so here it is.

I'm back! It's been a LONG time since I've logged on here, and I missed the place and people. Life, as we all know, has it's twists and turns, and the last year or so has been an adventure for me and my family. I pretty much took a 2 year hiatus from playing (although was coaching until last year), but am back playing, and the family issue(s) seem to have ironed themselves out.

Hoping to be able to contribute regularily again on here!

• Like 1

First game in the new unis last night, won 9-5. We looked damn good doing it, too.

Then, after that game was over I left that rink and booked it across down to another rink to play another game, this time skating out. Only 40 minutes between games, including driving time. Man, that was EXHAUSTING. But fun. We won that game 3-2.

DEFENSE!

I've been keen to play defense and learn the position and this fall league I'm two games in as a D-man. Holy smokes! I am LOVING IT!!!!

• Like 2

My daughter was voted the "C" on her U10 boys travel team last night. She wore an "A" last year & this is her 3rd year playing on this team, so not a huge surprise. That said, my girl receiving the votes to wear the "C" & represent her boys travel squad is pretty stinkin' neat. I'm VERY PROUD of her.

• Like 5

My daughter was voted the "C" on her U10 boys travel team last night. She wore an "A" last year & this is her 3rd year playing on this team, so not a huge surprise. That said, my girl receiving the votes to wear the "C" & represent her boys travel squad is pretty stinkin' neat. I'm VERY PROUD of her.

As well you should be!!!

We had a talk with YoungerDaughter about what it would take to get selected as C for her Peewee team. (Be a role model, support the coach, encourage teammates, work hard) She's in a good position to at least get an A.

My sweet spot for the day:

I just got a FB reminder that I started playing adult hockey two years ago yesterday:

Sore.

I don't think hockey was intended for 38 year-old beginners, but it sure is fun!

Oh yeah, and as a parent, it's a great idea to give kids primo ice time in the afternoons...but that means ice time in the witching hours for us old farts!

Safe to say, I was hooked. Fully no ragrats. ;)

• Like 1

That was one of the craziest innings I've ever seen. Here's my favorite quote from the whole ordeal : "The baseball gods are on peyote and throwing flaming furniture off the roof, and there isn't a damned thing we can do about it."

• Like 4

That was one of the craziest innings I've ever seen. Here's my favorite quote from the whole ordeal : "The baseball gods are on peyote and throwing flaming furniture off the roof, and there isn't a damned thing we can do about it."

Lmao. Being there, it felt like all hell was gonna break loose at any moment! But definitely the BEST event I've ever been to.

My car was involved in a hit-and-run this morning (right out front of my house too). That's more of a venting spot issue, but fortunately, it turns to a sweet spot moment. Fortunately, I have awesome neighbors, and one who happened to see the oil truck driving away from the scene and relayed that info to us. Police found the guy in just over two hours, and thankfully I have awesome insurance which will take care of the whole thing for me.

And for the meantime, I get to drive around in some American-made for a change (I've been a Honda guy since I started driving).

12107824_10205210985217453_9206800060592

• Like 3

Hah, funny! I'm just happy the baseball gods made things right!

My Son just got back from deployment late Thursday night, got to play in a tournament with him on Saturday. And better yet get to play with him again on our Wednesday team. Doesn't get much better than that.

• Like 6

Travel season starts! First tourney with the Boys(U10), Champions! Picked up with a U14 girls team to go to Vail in a few weeks(couldn't field a U12 bracket, her girls team). Had them make her a sweater with her name/#...sometimes having your # is worth paying a few skittles.

The Boy picked up his first ACHA D2 point of the season, with the @Skatinutes, last night. Utes stay undefeated and should enter the first rankings as the #2 in the West behind ASU Elite.

• Like 1

Six of my creations (I am on the far left) that were rocked during Halloween and will be rocked at the Star Wars Episode 7 Premiere. (Side note, got tickets for opening night!)

Made everything, from the outfits to the lightsaber props.

5o84qq.jpg

• Like 1

With everything that has happened lately, I needed a break. Hearing that Buffett was playing a beach show in Key West, I decided to jump on a plane and headed down for a couple days. I had no hotel room booked and wasn't registered for the four day festival that he was crashing. In the end, I met a ton of new people, slept on a couch one night and had a fantastic time. To top it off, JB did what the more hardcore fans had been asking him to do for years; he didn't play all the the hits, he told stories behind the songs and played his breakthrough album (White Sportcoat and a Pink Crustacean) in its entirety.

12219329_10207062299012112_8728751830965

• Like 2

Had a great game of my own yesterday, and back to coaching Learn to Play as of this morning. Just a small bunch this year (not enough to split into two hours - only 40 kids). The guy my association hired to provide drills seems like a good egg, and the parents are nice so far. Looking forward to the season. :)

• Like 2

Had a great game of my own yesterday, and back to coaching Learn to Play as of this morning. Just a small bunch this year (not enough to split into two hours - only 40 kids). The guy my association hired to provide drills seems like a good egg, and the parents are nice so far. Looking forward to the season. :)

Great game, great kids, great fellow coaches, great parents? Quadruple win!!

My '03 "found a couple new gears"...or maybe a "faster car" this past weekend. I'm assistant coach and manager for her big sis' 14U team, and she had one weekend free before her peewee season started full swing, so we grabbed her for a road weekend so all four of us were at the same rink at the same time. Something clicked and she was suddenly doing seamless transitions, feet never stopped moving, head up looking for open ice, skating through traffic, and doing beautiful backwards crossovers.

I don't know where it came from. I can't take credit!

'01 big sis is back from a shoulder injury that kept her out all last season. She's rusty, but its just so great to have her back on the ice having fun. She scored the first goal she remembers making (previous one was in '13 and it went off the back of her leg into the goal and she didn't know until after the game that she was credited with the goal). Its a team with a lot of younger '05-06 girls, and she's turned into a cool big role model for a couple of them.

My adult C league team (I'm the Captain) has the worst record in the league, but we're the most fun. We are the team with jello shots in the locker room after every game, and the opposing team, refs, and zam guy always come hang out with us.

Life is good!

• Like 2

I subbed in B league again last night.

Scored my first B league goal.

Own goal off my skate 20sec after puck drop. :(
I'm an idiot, but at least the team was strong and we won 5-3. I rarely play D and played D. It was an awesome challenge.

I still had to go to my day job this morning!

• Like 2

I know, the bragging on the kid thing....

That said, my 10U was ask to play for a U14 team playing in Colorado this weekend.

We jumped and though there was a bit of a flare up(meltdown) in our program(we have 14's that she's playing against in this tourney), it's all good.

The team in 0-2, but have competed well, 60%+ of the girls are 12's(this program can't field 12's & 14's, so just 14's).

Oh, guess the bragging...other than being ask as a 10 to play 14's, she's got 3 of their 5 goals. Scored 2 goals against her programs 14's, who they will not allow her to play up for.

• Like 1