Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Bailed out of work to meet my daughter at the ballgame(our AAA Angels affiliate) for her schools ballpark day.  Don't mind if we get a foul ball!

image_zpsbbpienne.jpeg

• Like 3

Younger daughter went from the MT Player Development Camp to the Northern Plains District Player Development Camp in Grand Forks, ND last weekend, and just got the invite today to attend the Multi-District Player Development Camp in July at Kent State in Ohio.

I'm scared. To me she's still just a little kid with a huge heart and a messy room.
(Pic from the ND camp - she's in the #14 blue jersey with the red helmet---my tall ugly ass is on the far right)

13177111_626282377530456_161903391004472

Edited by MThockeydad
  • Like 3

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 4:07 PM, MThockeydad said:

Younger daughter went from the MT Player Development Camp to the Northern Plains District Player Development Camp in Grand Forks, ND last weekend, and just got the invite today to attend the Multi-District Player Development Camp in July at Kent State in Ohio.

I'm scared. To me she's still just a little kid with a huge heart and a messy room.
(Pic from the ND camp - she's in the #14 blue jersey with the red helmet---my tall ugly ass is on the far right)

Congrats to her and to you, good stuff!

Broken fibula. No surgery. Totally stable. Could be walking (in the cast) in two weeks. 

That means less time spent immobile, which in turn means shorter PT and overall shorter recovery. And most importantly, less time before im skating again! 

3 hours ago, OptimusReim said:

Broken fibula. No surgery. Totally stable. Could be walking (in the cast) in two weeks. 

That means less time spent immobile, which in turn means shorter PT and overall shorter recovery. And most importantly, less time before im skating again! 

Few years ago broke tibia and fibula.  Totally sucked, have metal rod in leg from knee down.  Just follow the PT instructions to a T, no matter how bad it sucks. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BenderHockey said:

Few years ago broke tibia and fibula.  Totally sucked, have metal rod in leg from knee down.  Just follow the PT instructions to a T, no matter how bad it sucks. 

That blows! I imagine the PT after that would have been brutal! 

I wasn't at all concerned with how long I'd have the cast... whatever, I have my iWalk and I can just get one of those knee scooter things if I wanted to. It was the PT afterwards I was worried about. But looks like I'll have way less of that than I expected so I can't complain!

Tonight was the start of the Middle School Summer Hockey League.  With the success of the HS League, they started a MS league a few years ago.  Teams affiliate with the HS in their MS district.  Eligible kids are going into 6th-7th-8th grade.  

It it was our first ever skate with these kids(daughter is going into 6th next year).  Lost by a goal, but proud of my pup, who netted one, had a few other opportunities and late in the 1 goal game was put out on the PP line for the last 1:30 or so. 

image_zpsarmq3dxz.jpeg

image_zpskp86c2mx.jpeg

• Like 3

Been through a lot the last 2 and half years. 

In 2014

Diagnosed with recurrent PSC (Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis)

Tubes in my liver for three months in the spring.

In July I had a massive infection in my kidneys. Where the doctors at one point told my wife I had 24 hours to start to improve or I wouldn't make it.

Then my second liver transplant on November 7, 2014.

In 2015 

Had a hernia surgery in May

Had another hernia surgery in October.

In 2016

Finally got the OK to start working out in February.

Starting public skating in May.

Last night I got back on the ice for the first time since Summer Jam in Toronto in 2013.

I wasn't very good last night, but boy did have a lot of fun.

image1.JPG

• Like 16

10 hours ago, sfdz6_20_07 said:

In 2014

In July I had a massive infection in my kidneys. Where the doctors at one point told my wife I had 24 hours to start to improve or I wouldn't make it.

In 2015 

In 2016

Last night I got back on the ice for the first time since Summer Jam in Toronto in 2013.

Excited to see you back out on the ice in bahston!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, sfdz6_20_07 said:

In 2014

In 2015 

In 2016

Welcome back to the ice.  No more surgery!  (at least, for as long as possible, fingers crossed for you).  Glad you are looking healthy.

• Like 2

I start my new job on the 20th. I find it endlessly amusing that after all these years and the completely separate paths my two closest friends and I took over that time, that all three of us ended up working for energy companies. 

The down side... I MIGHT be out of a cast by the time I start, but I'll still have a walking boot on that I may or may not be permitted to put weight onto yet. That really sucks when starting a new job. 

On 6/6/2016 at 10:57 PM, sfdz6_20_07 said:

In 2014

In 2015 

In 2016

image1.JPG

Now that is how one Sweet Spots.

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 10:57 PM, sfdz6_20_07 said:

In 2014

In 2015 

In 2016

image1.JPG

AWESOME!!!! 

Can't wait until July!

• Like 2

We had to replay the entire previously-rained-out softball game (we'd gotten halfway through) yesterday morning at 8am on the nefarious turf fields, and we lost.  That wasn't much fun. 

But then our team and our sibling team all piled into various modes of transportation and went down to our teammate's house for a pool party, which meant swimming, food, music, an inflatable pegacorn pool toy, a slip and slide, and of course more food and swimming.  It was a great time and a rejuvenating end to a difficult week.

• Like 2

Played 2 hours of drop in this morning with my son.  Great way to start Fathers Day!  We assisted each other on goals(not often I score, it's a pretty fast skate for me) & I had another that was probably the best I've had at this skate(playing about a year with these guys). 

Added bonus, the Little Man picked up the tab!

Spent the previous 2 days at a friends cabin and on the lake(unfortunatly, first time I had the boat out this year) wake boarding, surfing, drinking around the campfire.  Been a fine weekend.

Happy Fathers Day, boys!

Edited by EJB
  • Like 1