Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

dkmiller3356, badger_14, sfdz6_20_07, you guys have dealt with some pretty heavy health issues and keep an incredibly positive attitude.  Keep it up!

A hearty thump on the boards to all of you. 

• Like 5

Finally felt well enough to give the gym a try again.  25 minutes on the bike, followed by a bit of stretching and some very light strength stuff.  Felt pretty good.  Felt like I'd been off my routine for a month, but otherwise good.  Thank god, I was going crazy being limited to walking.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, badger_14 said:

Finally felt well enough to give the gym a try again.  25 minutes on the bike, followed by a bit of stretching and some very light strength stuff.  Felt pretty good.  Felt like I'd been off my routine for a month, but otherwise good.  Thank god, I was going crazy being limited to walking.

Good for you!!!!

I hit the gym pretty hard last night and it went well.  I am going to try and play tomorrow night!!!  

• Like 2

Went to drop in last night, played on the same line with a good team mate of mine. While the night started off with two of the know-it-alls trying to tell me how to play my game, the ref/coach asked me in the carpark "how come you dont play in the B grade? You've got the hands and skating, maybe you should try playing up a level". I told him that it was my first year playing ice, after swapping from inline. He added that my skating isnt like a typical inline playing, but looks more fluid. Happy that all that additional focus I've been putting into my skating to get the right stride etc has started to pay off.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, dkmiller3356 said:

Good for you!!!!

I hit the gym pretty hard last night and it went well.  I am going to try and play tomorrow night!!!  

I definitely don't feel ready to play yet (still waiting on that last wonky bit of incision to heal), but I've gotta at least try and build my endurance back up.  Soon, though!  Good luck with your skate, too.

The worst part about a layoff and trying to get back is that the only thing that gets you in skating shape is skating. I still remember in my first game back after my episode when I got knocked down in front of the net, the guy who runs our team yelled out, "Chip's down, call 911." Ahhhh, good times.

• Like 2

My team is hosed.  I AM 911! :laugh: 

I will probably got to the quietest stick practice I can find beforehand, just to get myself back in order.  As close to order as I ever am.  Two more weeks til full clearance - better than Christmas.

7 hours ago, badger_14 said:

I definitely don't feel ready to play yet (still waiting on that last wonky bit of incision to heal), but I've gotta at least try and build my endurance back up.  Soon, though!  Good luck with your skate, too.

Wish I could say the skate went well but I'm not going.  Been having BP issiues and it feels like my heart is pounding hard. Like too much adrenaline. Could be anxiety or could be reaction to my increased BP meds. Blood sugar up the last few weeks too since the double vision and the meds (new for me) aren't helping. I'm a mess bro. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dkmiller3356 said:

Wish I could say the skate went well but I'm not going.  Been having BP issiues and it feels like my heart is pounding hard. Like too much adrenaline. Could be anxiety or could be reaction to my increased BP meds. Blood sugar up the last few weeks too since the double vision and the meds (new for me) aren't helping. I'm a mess bro. 

That sucks.  Take it easy.  Meds are a beast.

6 hours ago, badger_14 said:

That sucks.  Take it easy.  Meds are a beast.

I was doing research in the diuretic and it turns out it can increase blood glucose so now at least I think I know what's going on.  I'm gonna cut back on this stuff.

I don't know if this would be considered "sweet", but I just put a dangler on my goalie mask and a cage on my player helmet. 

I decided my luck with regards to hockey injuries had run out, so now trying to reduce some risks. 

• Like 1

So some of you may remember my post in the venting spot here.

Well I've managed to get myself a job fitting tyres and I start on Monday. It's not the best paying job in the world but it's work and it'll give me a bit of purpose which is exactly what I need. 

Thanks to all you guys and girls who took the time to wish me well. You really helped me in my hour of need and if I can ever do the same for you, just give me a shout. 

Aaron.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Holmes_D_83 said:

So some of you may remember my post in the venting spot here.

Well I've managed to get myself a job fitting tyres and I start on Monday. It's not the best paying job in the world but it's work and it'll give me a bit of purpose which is exactly what I need. 

Thanks to all you guys and girls who took the time to wish me well. You really helped me in my hour of need and if I can ever do the same for you, just give me a shout. 

Aaron.

Nice! I was doing that for a time when I first finished high school and didn't yet know what I wanted to do with my life. It was a fun job, even if it was definitely not something I was all that interested in doing long term.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Nice! I was doing that for a time when I first finished high school and didn't yet know what I wanted to do with my life. It was a fun job, even if it was definitely not something I was all that interested in doing long term.

Funnily I did it for a few years when I left the army and was struggling. My boss always joked that i would be back, 10 years later here we are haha!

• Like 1

Had a fun Thanksgiving later morning/early afternoon skate.  1.5 hours of skating, lets me eat and drink what I want with no regrets.

IMG_0373_zpsxb5lc1tg.jpg

Edited by EJB
  • Like 4

Sweet: I've got 4 points (all assists) in my last 2 games. Both wins. 4-3 and 4-2. 3G/5A in 9 games. Second in team scoring.

Not so sweet: I also took a 4 minute double minor for unsportsmanline conduct. First 2 was for shooting after the whistle. I had my back to the net and didn't realize we had scored...when I turned around I shot/tapped the puck into the open net (Not much of a "shot" if you ask me)

The second 2 was for inquiring on my way to the box "So, those 2 hacks don't get a f**king call?" (I got slashed on a breakaway that lead to the eventual goal).

FINALLY PLAYED HOCKEY AGAIN AFTER SIX WEEKS OFF. 

Also, the choir went caroling this afternoon for an event put on by the city arts' council, and many, many people stopped us to take video and tell us how good we were. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Vulcan7905 said:

4 days of Tim Hortons!! It was so beautiful!! 

not as beautiful as 4 days of Gary    : *

• Like 2

Team I've been on for this first year of ice has just started our summer league. Most of the players are the same and the group is really starting to gel together. We've implemented a short shift strategy, and ironed out a couple of issues we had during the pre-season that is starting to work our way

We played against the reigning champions, and played an awesome game. For a C grade team, I think we used the boards well, passes were tape to tape for periods of time, and we had plenty of chances to score. One play we had a quick break out, and then 4-5 passes before our newest guy that we pulled up from D grade just ripped a wrister that just rang off the post. Our youngest player got a goal, and even I tallied on from the blue line. 

Still buzzing, and even after the game we were chatting and having a good laugh with some of the other team guys. Some of us started playing this year, and its just a good feel between the teams... hard fought games that end with handshakes, pats on the back and good chatter. Beers in the carpark just top it off after that.

One thing though, someone took a video of one of the 'scuffles' during the game, and I was in the video that was posted... never realised my ass looked that big! 

• Like 4