Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

After losing the first game of fall season 14-12, I'm now 16-1-0 in my first 17 starts as a goalie with my new team. We won fall league with 13 wins, and I'm 3-0 in Winter B league with a month long break before the next game!

• Like 3

On 1/17/2017 at 6:37 PM, Holmes_D_83 said:

Had my endocrinologist appointment today. My HbA1C has gone from 137 last August, to 37 today! So happy!

a1C is measured on a 1 - 10 scale.  Normal is 5.7 and below.  Prediabetic is 5-7 - 6.4.  Diabetic is 6.5 and up.

137 sounds like a regular blood glucose test.  A 37 would be too low to be honest.

I suggest you spend some more time talking to your endocrinologist and maybe taking a diabetes class if needed.  Med insurance will set you up with that.

I am a type2 diabetic on meds.

• Like 1

3 days of continuing education for my Professional Land Surveyor's license is officially over!  Until next year when I get to do it all over again!

• Like 1

when you have two little punks who love playing hockey.  AND you get to coach them at the clinics. 

MSuhC4M.jpg

Lest we forget about the MATCHING mesh (JR size) sock santa stuffed into their stockings... 

and when your oldest's "number 8" sweater automatically tucks itself in...

gAYB6d6.jpg

#HOCKEYFLOW   (yeah, thats a flag on the back of his bucket.  'Murica!)

Edited by GreatestAmericanBeardo
  • Like 6

On 20/01/2017 at 2:33 AM, dkmiller3356 said:

a1C is measured on a 1 - 10 scale.  Normal is 5.7 and below.  Prediabetic is 5-7 - 6.4.  Diabetic is 6.5 and up.

137 sounds like a regular blood glucose test.  A 37 would be too low to be honest.

I suggest you spend some more time talking to your endocrinologist and maybe taking a diabetes class if needed.  Med insurance will set you up with that.

I am a type2 diabetic on meds.

I'm in Northern Ireland, we use a different scale to the USA. Those results are in mmol/mol. Our normal blood glucose tests are done in mmol/litre, and those numbers would translate to 20.6 and 6.2 roughly. I believe you multiply by 18 to get it in US units. I'm a type 1 on insulin.

Edited by Holmes_D_83
Pressed enter too soon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Holmes_D_83 said:

I'm in Northern Ireland, we use a different scale to the USA. Those results are in mmol/mol. Our normal blood glucose tests are done in mmol/litre, and those numbers would translate to 20.6 and 6.2 roughly. I believe you multiply by 18 to get it in US units. I'm a type 1 on insulin.

Wow!!!  Glad you are getting that under control!!  I dropped from 6.4 to a 6.1 with diet and now with metformin down to 5.4.

On 1/25/2017 at 10:11 AM, GreatestAmericanBeardo said:

when you have two little punks who love playing hockey.  AND you get to coach them at the clinics. 

MSuhC4M.jpg

Lest we forget about the MATCHING mesh (JR size) sock santa stuffed into their stockings... 

and when your oldest's "number 8" sweater automatically tucks itself in...

gAYB6d6.jpg

#HOCKEYFLOW   (yeah, thats a flag on the back of his bucket.  'Murica!)

Nice Jofa on the right. 

Myself, just got home from a Sound Tigers game. Hokey name, but fun and cheap. Weird seeing Halak as an AHLer, but he got the W.

FINALLY pulled the trigger on a Canon 7D.  Been taking photos of the pups on the ice with a 30D since its release, so it was REALLY time for a new body.  

• Like 2

Howdy,

2 hours ago, EJB said:

FINALLY pulled the trigger on a Canon 7D.  Been taking photos of the pups on the ice with a 30D since its release, so it was REALLY time for a new body.  

7dm2 or the original?  Either way, that should be a nice upgrade.  :-)  What're you you using lens-wise?

I've been thinking I should dust off the photo gear and see how I could do.  I expect getting exposures right is a challenge with so much white & the fast motion...

Mark

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, marka said:

Howdy,

7dm2 or the original?  Either way, that should be a nice upgrade.  :-)  What're you you using lens-wise?

I've been thinking I should dust off the photo gear and see how I could do.  I expect getting exposures right is a challenge with so much white & the fast motion...

Mark

Original.  I use a Canon 70-200 2.8 shooting hockey & sports in general.

Edited by EJB
  • Like 2

What a game. The Falcons tried / choked, they really did. 

(Bills fan in New England. Tomorrow will be awful.)

Edited by Jamarquan
  • Like 2

People in the office are being super moody today.  I went and got dilly bars from Dairy Queen for everyone.  

Its amazing how a dilly bar can change the entire mood of an office.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, jlt73 said:

People in the office are being super moody today.  I went and got dilly bars from Dairy Queen for everyone.  

Wish that worked with my wife... usually I just throw chocolate at her and run and lock myself in a closet until it is safe to exit...

Good call though!  I wish someone brought me a dilly bar today. :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, proth0303 said:

Wish that worked with my wife... usually I just throw chocolate at her and run and lock myself in a closet until it is safe to exit...

Good call though!  I wish someone brought me a dilly bar today. :)

6 hours ago, jlt73 said:

Yes, but what is a dilly bar?

Just now, proth0303 said:

It's an ice cream treat from Dairy Queen.  It's ice cream covered in chocolate on a popsicle stick.

Oh. I don't actually know if there's a Dairy Queen near me so that's why I didn't know what it was. Sounds ok.

3 minutes ago, Jamarquan said:

Oh. I don't actually know if there's a Dairy Queen near me so that's why I didn't know what it was. Sounds ok.

IMO, they aren't all that exciting of a treat (ice cream covered in chocolate is about as basic as it gets) but they do bring back memories as a kid and ice cream always puts a smile on my face!

• Like 1