Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Decided to dust off the old NXG (which I took every available opportunity to dump on when I used it because of the PM9 curve), on a whim. I love it. Shots were flying off the blade, no matter if I shot off from heel to toe, or did the 'pull in, push out' kind of shot I'd expect to have to use with my P46. Snapshots off the heel were good too. Too bad the NXG is a junior, the shaft dimensions and height were too small for me. Might need to look for it in an intermediate closeout... 

Edited by Jamarquan

On 3/1/2018 at 10:59 AM, IPv6Freely said:

Just got the invite to configure and order my Model 3 :27_sunglasses:

Nice!  I'm eagerly awaiting that...my first production estimate got pushed back in the latest delay to Jul-Sept, which probably puts it far enough back that I'll be tempted to wait to see if dual motor configs open up for me early enough for the full credit. Fingers crossed they somehow don't hit 200k US deliveries until July 1st or later!

Winter season ended tonight for the D3 team, tough two and out.  Still D4 going.  But why “Sweet Spot”, Summer season coming and shorts and flip flops in the locker room !

Finally met EJB in person. 
This past weekend in Idaho Falls, his daughter's team played the 14U select team I help coach.

His kid has a WICKED shot for a 12 year-old!  I can see why she was the high scorer for the league. 
2 games; his daughter's team won the first 7-2 and she frequently dangled our D.  I think she had 3 goals and 2 assists.
2nd game, the MT girls won 4-2.  I think they shut EJBjr down to 1 goal--they had to close the gap, put a body on her, force her outside, and shut down her dangles.  Sorry EJB, it had to be done!

Edited by MThockeydad
  • Like 5

It was great to finally meet you & so fun to watch the teams compete.  I hope we can make it up to Montana for round 2!  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

My wife is no longer diabetic thanks to our change in diet. 

That's great to hear! Now if they could cure mine I'd be forever grateful :4_joy:

• Like 1

I spent the past two weeks utterly frantic that I would go to ride time (part of paramedic school - riding 3rd as a student medic on an ambulance) and completely fall apart and end up with nothing to show for it.

Well, Wednesday was my first day, and our very first call was to meet up with a FD ambulance for a heart attack patient.  We had to do everything on the move (literally: moving ambulance), including starting an IV, giving meds, and getting an EKG.  Hell of a way to start off, but I did well according to my preceptor, and I feel a whole lot better about things now.  Even having to get up at 4:30 in the morning seems worth it.

• Like 2

Made every goalies dream save last night.

Guy coming down the right side, fires a pass over to my left. He blasts a one-timer at the net. My right to left is a bit weak so I really had to stretch... full extension... snagged the puck just inside the post pretty much right on the goal line. 

Pretty much felt just like this:

efaf7bcb54c17ec510dcbb502f4a017b.jpg

• Like 7

Went to Game 5 of the Leafs vs. Bruins the other week fully expecting to watch the game at Maple Leafs Square (the outdoor tailgate party hosted by the Leafs/Canadian Tire). Ended up getting there REALLY early (it was after my FINAL ever undergrad exam) and decided to spin the wheel on a whim because I didn't have any blue on (and there was a blue t-shirt prize). Was hoping for either the shirt or the hat, ended up landing on the golden tickets... Got to see my first ever live playoff game and we won to force Game 6! 

I wasn't even gonna go because most of my friends who were supposed to come had flopped! Only thing that could've made that day better was being able to go to the game with either of my parents or my sister (who wouldn't have gotten there on time) or my other Leafs-obsessed buddy. 

Edited by bwhockey17
  • Like 4

Tested out my new skates today. Never realized how cooked my old skates were.

Just got my MSH Pro Shop Steel Pouch in the mail too!!

• Like 2

I take horseback riding lessons, and on Friday my horse and I finally achieved this particularly tricky move (called a sidepass - imagine a horse doing crossovers on a line without going forward - its origins are in cavalry exercises) together, and we did it well, and even if it was just a few steps we really did it. 

• Like 3

I haven’t worn this size in 15+ years. I also found that I’ve moved from a 48R or 50R down to a 42R.

Still a long way to go, though. 

6F0ECAED-46CF-48B9-B928-E554AC2C61E9.jpeg

• Like 5

6 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

I haven’t worn this size in 15+ years. I also found that I’ve moved from a 48R or 50R down to a 42R.

How tall are you? I'm 16 and also wear a 30 length and 5'8 but my dad is 5'4 and wears the same length, same width too I think.

Edited by Jamarquan

7 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Having been as high as 254 and as low as 194 I know how much hard work and dedication this takes. Congrats!!!!  (Currently at 209 hoping to take off 8-10)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jamarquan said:

How tall are you? I'm 16 and also wear a 30 length and 5'8 but my dad is 5'4 and wears the same length, same width too I think.

5’8. A 28 or 29 inseam would be better but they don’t have 34/28 there.

Just now, dkmiller3356 said:

Having been as high as 254 and as low as 194 I know how much hard work and dedication this takes. Congrats!!!!  (Currently at 209 hoping to take off 8-10)

Thanks man! I was at 255 mid-February. 206 now. Still another 35 or so to go to hit my goal before summerjam.

1 minute ago, IPv6Freely said:

Thanks man! I was at 255 mid-February. 206 now. Still another 35 or so to go to hit my goal before summerjam.

Wow.   That’s huge.  I know I should be 175 or so on the charts but it’s really too low for me and i don’t think i have the willpower to do it anyway. 

Just now, dkmiller3356 said:

Wow.   That’s huge.  I know I should be 175 or so on the charts but it’s really too low for me and i don’t think i have the willpower to do it anyway. 

175 is my goal, though there’s no muscle mass there. My long term goal is 180 or so after exchanging fat for muscle once I’m off my current diet and can work out again. 

Forget what I said in the Venting Spot, my other boat came in third against much better competition (we had to race 4 novices in our third varsity 8 against the largest crew in the country,) and our boathouse won the overall trophy! We're sending a lot of boats to Nationals and things are looking better for next season.

• Like 1

Doctor in November 2017: 

“You’re borderline for both diabetes and blood pressure. I could start you on medication now or I can give you 6 months to lose some weight”

6 months later:
- weight down 55lbs
- A1C 4.8%
- Blood Pressure now 119/74
- Cholesterol down 28mg/dL

• Like 7

Have a few friends in the Acadie-Bathurst Titan org and they just won their first Memorial Cup on Sunday. No doubt they're still all hungover

Not my video but what a thrill it must be.

• Like 3