Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

1 hour ago, hollowicked said:

Was in a bad car accident in May breaking my wrist and forcing multiple surgeries and missing of SummerJam, had my final surgery last week so now onto PT. One step closer to hockey 

Good luck! Make sure you do all of it. People tend to be lazy on their PT (myself included) and it’s amazing how far it will set you back. 

On 9/6/2018 at 3:59 PM, JSK81 said:

Job interview on Tuesday.

if I get the job, giving my two week notice will be one of the happiest days of my life!

Got the job, starting after WF.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Awesome, congrats!! 

Thanks! This will hopefully help me to attend more summer events down the road.

16 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Not even remotely. 

I think it's from a dumb, loud minority on twitter who shouldn't be blaming him; because he's a good player on a good team. However, a lot of Isles fans predicted that Leafs fans were gonna get pissed when JT goes into his usual slump, so we're enjoying it right now.

9 hours ago, Jamarquan said:

I think it's from a dumb, loud minority on twitter who shouldn't be blaming him; because he's a good player on a good team. However, a lot of Isles fans predicted that Leafs fans were gonna get pissed when JT goes into his usual slump, so we're enjoying it right now.

I guess. It just comes off as a lot of butthurt about him leaving a disaster of an organization. I’m also not sure a few idiots on twitter really represents the entire fan base. That said, that kind of Leaf fans would complain about a 10-0 win if they didn’t like the performance of somebody, so it’s not really JT specific.

Finally landed a job in my field. I'm 2 weeks in and loving it. 

When I got to the age that I was through chasing the dream of playing professionally I made the adjustment of "theres still ways to be in hockey" and now my job is based around it and I couldn't be more excited about where this will go.

Anybody with doubts, trust me I was there for a few years. dont lose focus and keep your stick on the ice. bounces will come.

• Like 3

Heading to Kitchener for a little hockey with my little one.  Getting to play the #1, 4, 16 & 24 teams from Canada.  Going to be a tough weekend and I look forward to watching the girls compete.  Good family fun, can’t wait!

14 hours ago, EJB said:

Heading to Kitchener for a little hockey with my little one.  Getting to play the #1, 4, 16 & 24 teams from Canada.  Going to be a tough weekend and I look forward to watching the girls compete.  Good family fun, can’t wait!

Playing 14U?

2 hours ago, MThockeydad said:

Playing 14U?

Yep & new rankings out yesterday, #2, 4, 18 & 23

Edited by EJB

Finally made my school's hockey team! This school year as a whole has been better for me as well, I've had good grades and made some new friends. Plus I picked up a QX Pro yesterday and I'm really excited to try it out. Hope everyone else is doing well going into the new year.

Edit: The QX Pro is awesome! Going up to 75 flex and switching to a new curve (W05) has been really nice. It feels way easier to pick my spot when I'm shooting and passing.

Edited by Jamarquan
  • Like 7

On 12/10/2018 at 2:46 PM, IPv6Freely said:

Jack Edwards is hilariously bad. 

For those of us who have him as our home team announcer, not really a Sweet Spot kind of thing. 😞

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Built a locker for my equipment a while ago and finally getting around to post some pics. Pretty happy the way it came out.Few things I'd do differently if I did it again.

Put in fans to help circulate air throughout the locker to help everything dry. works well.

locker front.jpg

Locker opened.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Finally deleted Facebook

Good for you!  Honestly, i don’t miss it at all.  I deactivated mine about a year and a half ago.  It was useful for events and organizational stuff,  but I saw more people lose friendships from arguing over politics and similar topics than I can count.

I didn’t delete it in case my kids ever get an account but judging from some 20-somethings I talked to at work, it probably won’t be necessary, none of them use FB, so I assume myy younger daughter will be on to another platform by the time we would allow her to have accounts anyway.

5 hours ago, BenBreeg said:

Good for you!  Honestly, i don’t miss it at all.  I deactivated mine about a year and a half ago.  It was useful for events and organizational stuff,  but I saw more people lose friendships from arguing over politics and similar topics than I can count.

I didn’t delete it in case my kids ever get an account but judging from some 20-somethings I talked to at work, it probably won’t be necessary, none of them use FB, so I assume myy younger daughter will be on to another platform by the time we would allow her to have accounts anyway.

Yeah I think I may go back and deactivate rather than delete just so I don’t lose 15 years worth of posts and photos and stuff.  Deactivating also let’s you keep using FB messenger which I did still use a decent amount (I didn’t realize they weren’t tied together, or I would have deactivated a year ago when I first considered it)

I got booted out of the group that was made for all the owners in our community because I hurt too many feelings (I told somebody their idea for speedbumps on the 55mph 4-lane road entering our communituy was a stupid idea, for example). That was pretty much the only reason I didn’t get rid of it last year s I’d stopped using it (other than messenger) by that point. 

Facebook had previously been a bit more important for me than many people though because my family and all my friends are thousands of miles away so it really was the best way to catch up. But they all mostly stopped posting so at that point why bother.

A couple of my neighbors, after I got the boot, said the same thing: I’m probably better off not having to know how stupid everyone here is. Probably enjoy living in the community way more. They’re probably right about that, too. It’s like when people put political signs in their yard (thankfully not allowed here)... like, okay thanks for letting me know you’re an asshole... I’d have preferred to not know. 

My community is full of 20-somethings in 700k houses and man are they entitled. One of them actually had a local news crew come out to do a story on the “safety issues” in the community, like street lights being out (umm, it’s still under construction - they don’t energize them until that street is finished...)

Yeah I’d say I’m better off...

Huge digression there but that group was basically the last thing I was actually using FB for so once it was gone, it was time to pull the plug. Plus I guess it counts as another topic for this thread 😉 LOL

I wonder if they're any worse than the entitled 20-something's in the 300k houses.

If not for my father and nephew, I'd probably cut the cord on Facebook tomorrow.

Edited by chippa13

50 minutes ago, chippa13 said:

I wonder if they're any worse than the entitled 20-something's in the 300k houses.

If not for my father and nephew, I'd probably cut the cord on Facebook tomorrow.

300k houses don't really exist here. At least not unless you want to move to some of the more sketchy places. My wife and I are actually in the cheapest new construction you can find in the county. 

14 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Finally deleted Facebook

If I didn't have to handle all of the social media stuff for MSH, I would've been done with FB a long time ago.  

I don't put anything on there; much to the ire of my wife, but I stopped that practice back in 2013 when my employer was following me on all of the platforms.  

Skated three days in a row and my knee held up pretty well. First time I’ve been able to do back to backs since I hurt it in January. Not 100%, but good to see some marked improvement! Now I just need this wrist issue to go away. 

• Like 5