Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

I'll add myself in here.

I was playing some puck at the local outdoor rink, and there were some young ones there as well, probably 9-10 years old. One of the kids, who showed some serious potential, was doing a Michigan, but stationary. I decided to give him a few pointers (how to do it while moving, the risks of doing it, etc), and told him if he could do one skating before I left, I'd give him one of my sticks I had with me. Low and behold, about fifteen minutes later, he's got my Easton "S17" (CNT actually)/Vapor XXXX blade combo. I think I made his life. He was so happy.

I'll add myself in here.

I was playing some puck at the local outdoor rink, and there were some young ones there as well, probably 9-10 years old. One of the kids, who showed some serious potential, was doing a Michigan, but stationary. I decided to give him a few pointers (how to do it while moving, the risks of doing it, etc), and told him if he could do one skating before I left, I'd give him one of my sticks I had with me. Low and behold, about fifteen minutes later, he's got my Easton "S17" (CNT actually)/Vapor XXXX blade combo. I think I made his life. He was so happy.

Good on you for helping a kid and giving him a stick, but next time help him with something actually useful, like seeing the rink, and how to make a great tape to tape lead pass.

I'll add myself in here.

Good on you for helping a kid and giving him a stick, but next time help him with something actually useful, like seeing the rink, and how to make a great tape to tape lead pass.

I was there for close to two hours, I went over a lot with him, defensive mechanics, why it isn't too smart to do the move in a game, but rather just as a fun thing, things like that. The simple things. Doesn't hurt that he also has two older siblings who happen to be quite good at hockey, one of them being female, and hot. :lol:

I'll add myself in here.

Really the best idea to reward a useless skill?

Really the best idea to reward a useless skill?
...he also has... older sibling... female, and hot. :lol:

I think he's trying the old 'win over the little brother move' and would have given that stick away if he saw an 'impressive improvement' in drinking from a water fountain...

:P

From the Venting Spot to the Sweet Spot.

My dog Stella sucessfully underwent surgery to remove part of her jaw in an attempt to remove cancer.

They took out her bottom jawbone and teeth (all front incisors, one eye-tooth, and back to her pre-molars on one side) :o

She is resting at the hospital, and getting some really good doggy pain drugs :)

We will find out in 5-7 days when we get back the results of the examination of the tissue, if we got all the cancer.

I cant wait to pick her up tomorrow.

That's great! Fingers crossed fo you and your dog.

If you don't mind a little prying, is there artificial bone in place of what they removed? If not, will you be serving your pup special food?

That's great! Fingers crossed fo you and your dog.

If you don't mind a little prying, is there artificial bone in place of what they removed? If not, will you be serving your pup special food?

No, there is no artificial bone. There is no need for it, as my dog doesnt spend much time in the mirror. JK ;)

There will be very little evidence anything is different when her mouth is closed....except her tounge may flop out a little. She will still have 3 canines, and all molars, so she will have no issues eating any type of food. We have to giver her soft food for 2 weeks until she heals, but then it is all back to noral.

Huh?

It just sounds like they removed so much, wasn't sure how the jaw would work.

But again, glad the surgery went well. Hoping for cancer free news.

Thanks!

It does sound like a lot...and it is for sure. But it doesnt affect how the jaw itself functions at all. She is just missing those teeth and the bone they were in.

I will post pictures to illustrate when she gets home. It really wont look as bad as you might think. She will likely look little different with the mouth closed, and look like a hockey player when she smiles :)

Edited by eric42434224

Friday arvo, about to head out the door. Raining and muggy but who cares...

On the ice tonight with my new skates and I know I'm gonna fly out there... HOWWWLLL!

PS: Just won a gift voucher through work for Myer Dept store, 175 bucks!

PS: Just won a gift voucher through work for Myer Dept store, 175 bucks!

Sell it to someone and use the money to buy gear :lol:

Edited by Bender

10-page final project for this BS class I'm taking is due today at 12:50pm. I started at 11:15 and just finished...I win.

Edited by DCott

10-page final project for this BS class I'm taking is due today at 12:50pm. I started at 11:15 and just finished...I win.

Sounds like your taking a page out of my book.

Just picked up a 1 year subscription to ESPN the magazine. Amazon.com is selling the 1 yr subscription for $5.00!!!

pretty sweet if ya ask me.... Anyone looking to order it, The deal may end tomorrow so jump on it now...

Edited by Race4LastPlace

Thanksgiving!

Off for a long weekend after a three day week where nothing went right. Time to fry up the bird and drink some scotch, ahhh good times, good times.

Thank god for pilgrims. Nothing went right for me either this week. my report card has me at a 67 average in english, oh joy. But,,,, last game of my career on my town team on saturday, but we may have to play 6-5, as both our goalies are unavailable. Should be a great game, and then HS tryouts on monday. Can't eat too moch today :(

Our team, sitting at 1-6-2 on the year, matched up against the hated State Farm team, who were 7-0-2 coming in. they've crushed us twice all ready. We both came in shorthanded, 6 skaters each, (we have 11 guys, they have 13) but we played great, winning 5-0. One guy had his first hat trick, I fed a guy up front for his first goal of the year, and picked up another assist, and we were able to help our goalie get his first shutout of the year.

yesterday was also the first time we went out to the bar as a team to celebrate the win, at least the first since I turned 21 two weeks ago. Surely a tradition I will enjoy in the future. B)

I started the week with a 38 in english, a 68 in history, and a 66 in trig and an 84 in chem. The stipulations my mom placed on me were as follows: you must be passing all classes, however I will still let you go if your 66 in trig stands. Needless to say, wednesday at 1:30 when we were dismissed, I had a 75 in english, a 79 in chem(I botched a test tuesday), and an 85 in history. That having been said: Thanksgiving weekend: Pens/Rangers. Oh yes!