Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Got fit and received my knee brace today (had surgery to remove/repair torn meniscus and shredded cartilage/plica), and get to skate for the first time in 6 months on monday, followed by my birthday tuesday. I am so excited!

I work in the army reserves part time. I ran a group of high school students through a day of military training (learn to march, camo, and a little walkthrough of the changes in tactics during WW I) before they head off on a battlefield tour of Europe. This is the third class in five years I've done for this teacher. I usually pick the kid who gives the best effort, and give them some type of momento from my regiment to place at a battlefield on behalf of my unit (our history stretches back to 1912). In front of the whole group (students, teacher, parents) I hand this teenager a picture of a cross from the Vimy battle that rests in a museum now, and tell him, "When you're standing at Vimy Ridge, please place this to honour the fallen, and speak a few words from the heart." This kid gets a huge grin on his face, hands me an envelope, and says:

"Why don't you do it yourself?"

They gave me a ticket to join their group for 10 days in Europe next year, and the chance to visit some really significant places in Canadian history. I'm still in shock.

Amazing story!

Getting my explosiveness back on ice. I've not really gone to the gym much, instead, I've been doing plyos at home as often as I can. That does the trick.

I REALLY love to be fast on ice. I almost prefer smoking by someone and not scoring to potting a rebound goal, I admit it.

2nd shootout winner this year tonight. Goalie came out much farther than a normal goalie would and I sped up once I got about 3 feet in the zone, ripped the shot 5 hole as he was backing up. The feeling after goals like this is just simply amazing.

This could go in either the Venting Spot or Sweet Spot...but the Spectrum going down today. I have a lot of memories in there...I never saw a Flyers game there...but I was introduced to hockey there with the Phantoms. I rode on the ice in the Phantoms Durango during an intermission for my 9th birthday...later on I played two games on the ice...one ending in a typical of Philly bench clearing brawl. Definitely will be missed.

Finally found my flow tonight. Got first goal of the season off a clean point shot, and was close to getting 2 more. I gotta say, I can't wait till my next game. Oh and I'm getting new hockey pants tomorrow.

if you're feeling good and on a roll, dont wear them yet.

Skated my first game in almost a month and my ankle held up. Had the first goal of the game to boot. Unfortunately, it was also our last but that belongs in another topic.

Going to try on some new skates today, hope to get back on the ice next weekend!! it's been 5 long months but the doc said I should try out the ankle.

UPDATE: Bought some 9k's for less than 300 bucks on HM's Black friday sale. getting so close to getting back out there that I can almost smell it!

Edited by maxamillion

NASA Finds New Life Form; My inner bio-nerd is still tingling from the announcement. Proof that genesis of life can occur in any climate/atmosphere/eviroment/etc. Also raises the question of how/when did this life form emerge and if life has two points of genesis on earth? These questions makes me want to do research and earn a PhD researching these questions.

Also, I'm a little annoyed that that author refers to the genetic material of the new life form as "DNA", DNA stand for Deoxyribonucleic acid, the new life form's genetic material is Arsenic based, so it's obviously not DNA!

Edited by tamtamg

Wifey is very lose lipped when it comes to presents. So, just found out she got me the Eagle ppfs I wanted and my ma-in-law got me a $200 gift card for Pure Hockey. Flipin' Sweet! :biggrin:

Got a soldering station as a belated birthday gift. Its insane how quickly it heats up and maintains temperatures. Highly recommended for any electronic professional/enthusiast.

I need a new one, my old Weller disappeared and I'm stuck with a cheap one from radio shack.