Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Ten-year-old son got his first shut out tonight. And the score was 9-0. The other goalie was the goalie who made the select team while my son didn't. His confidence is over the moon and I still need to see a doctor about the last minute of the game when I think I had a stroke, a heart- attack and a panic attack all at the same time.

Got to shoot my new camera package at the Bolts beatdown of the Habs- very fun! First shoot with this camera.....literally arrived today.

16lbgyg.jpg

Edited by larrivee

1. Had a great Christmas a home in Montreal with my wife and family.

2. Played shinny hockey with my little cousin.

3. We got upgraded (unexpectedly) to first class on our 4.5 hour leg of our flight.

ive dropped 6 pounds of fat in the last month, this after i was released from my team and told i need to prove im commited to my fitness, signed again right before the christmas break and have continued working on it almost religously

I really hope this is a real feel good story and not a lame PR stunt.

I don't think so. Here's the CBS interview. BTW, the 3M views he says in the beginning of the video? Yeah, up to almost 6M now.

Edited by EBondo

So...we had our company Christmas party last night. We've made a tradition of having it in January because it's a lot easier to get a venue and have more people able to attend.

Anyways...Boss says...if you have an iPod or MP3 player...bring it for a contest they're having.

Turns out...he has an iPod Song Challenge. 2 people head to head...pick a song from your player...other person has to match you. Rest of the audience picks best song. There were also some showmanship elements taken into consideration...

Can't recall all the songs I challenged...but:

Pinball Wizard (The Who)

Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy (Big & Rich)

I'm On A Boat (Lonely Island)

& Don't Stop Believin' (Journey)

Won me Habs/Leafs tickets for April 9th at ACC!

Had a home and home series this weekend with the U14 girls that I coach against our league rivals. Saturday night didn't go so hot. Waited until the 3rd period to start playing. Safe to say we didn't overcome the 4-0 hole we were in and lost 5-2. Game got pretty chippy too with the other team running their mouths the whole time.

Well, they came to us last night. End result was an 8-1 beat down by us. Goal of the game came in the second period when they scored to make it 2-1. Right off the next faceoff, my winger blasted a slapper from the top of the circles that the goalie couldn't even react to. Safe to say it was smooth sailing from there. Their coach's face was priceless. He's the kind of guy that makes a win like that feel that much more sweet.

Another two point night, that's two in the last three games. My legs aren't there yet but things are finally starting to come back to me.

Props to the sublitwill for making those MSH bags. I had all my spare gear stored in that bag, and due to rains and floods my garage roof was leaking, RIGHT onto the bag. The bag kept almost all the water out, just a little moisture seeped in, but the gear was all stored in nice clean garbage bags so everything is safe.

Got a call from my assistant coach last night. Turns out I've been promoted to the varsity roster from JV based on my Leadership skills and efforts in practice.

EDIT: Won 3-1, and almost set a kid up for a hat trick. (He finished with 2 goals on the night). It was a crazy experience to play in the arena Slap Shot was filmed in too.

Edited by bostoncrimsonsox

Devils win two in a row and looked pretty not bad doing it. Getting the ball rolling, perhaps. Maybe it's not too late for a run of epic proportions....?

(for more thoughts from a more realistic point-of-view, see The Venting Spot)

Got into 2 out of the three colleges I applied to and was deferred to the regular applicant pool at the other college.

Congrats :) unfortunately for us up in Canada, we gotta wait till spring...screw high school

been going out less and saving money and stuff, for some reason since christmas the idea of getting black out drunk doesnt appeal to me that much, and i cant say im upset about it. Last night I went out to the bars for the first time since before xmas, and only had 3 beer all night and still had a great time mostly (see vent)

and with the money ive saved i bought some new shoulder pads and a new stick.

All in all january has been a pretty good month.