Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

I have been self employed most of my adult working life. Always behind on taxes. I owe the IRS around ten thousand dollars because of it and I pay them a monthly payment because of it-

For the past two years I've worked for an employer and all of my taxes are taken out and I have refunds coming back each year now. The refunds are being taken by the IRS and are applied towards the back taxes. But at least I'm not behind anymore and I'm paying off what I owe. Should be free from them in about five years.

I consider that something good happening to me. Pitiful!...Right?

So yesterday I got a phone call from the NY Islanders telling me I won a contest. I had forgotten I entered.

http://www.skatewiththegreats.com/

The Isles train me and 7 others for 3 weeks, then I get to play a game after the isles/devils (to which they give me 4 tickets to) with some of the Isles legends. Needless to say im pretty excited. Customized jersey and socks are given too. I think i also get some practice gear. Im headed to Iceworks (practice facility) today at 4pm!

That is so sick! Congrats man. Make sure to post up some pictures of the game!

Had three phone interviews today. One didn't work out, one possibly has me in the running for a position as a Global Network Admin (Contract to hire @ $39/hr). The third waived the face to face interview and is moving forward with tendering an offer on a 6 month contract position..... probably about $25/hr.

Now I have to decide if I take an offer and get back to work after 17 months without a job or hope that I get offered the bigger $$ position.

Had three phone interviews today. One didn't work out, one possibly has me in the running for a position as a Global Network Admin (Contract to hire @ $39/hr). The third waived the face to face interview and is moving forward with tendering an offer on a 6 month contract position..... probably about $25/hr.

Now I have to decide if I take an offer and get back to work after 17 months without a job or hope that I get offered the bigger $$ position.

Too bad you can't light a fire under the other potential employer. Well, you know what they say about a bird in the hand -- HEY! this damn thing bit me!

Anyway, a 6 month job gives you time to explore other options while working in the meantime. Good luck with the decision, could be aggravating either way, depending on what happens afterward.

Too bad you can't light a fire under the other potential employer. Well, you know what they say about a bird in the hand -- HEY! this damn thing bit me!

Anyway, a 6 month job gives you time to explore other options while working in the meantime. Good luck with the decision, could be aggravating either way, depending on what happens afterward.

HAHAHA..... I had a similar situation before my last job.... One wanted to hire me but was worried I would bail after a month or two as I had a consulting firm wanting to bring me on for a bit more money (but the interview process would take a month or more) but I would have been traveling 75% of the time and had a 2 yr old at home. I needed to have cash coming in and didn't want to do that to the wife and kid so I took the more stable position and was there for 9 years.

ok moved this to the sweet spot.. by mistake put this in the venting spot! ha

Saw Great Big Sea last weekend at a free concert in halifax and probably heard one of the best hockey songs I have heard in a long time call Helmet Head

here is an older video of it

I was just seventeen, when I made the AHL

I couldn't skate in junior, but my fists rang like a bell.

I'll never win a title, and I'll never win the cup,

But when it comes to ladies, I've had the best of luck.

My first one was a sly one, hanging round the rink,

But they sent me off to Cornwall, as fast as you could blink,

In Moose Jaw I was right in love, the daughter of the coach

He traded me for nothing, didn't take to my approach.

So good-bye, fare thee well,

There's no time for delay,

You'll see me at the face-off, or catch the play-by-play

So good-bye, fare thee well,

I'm glad you shared my bed,

But never trust a fellow with a helmet on his head.

Chantal was from Moncton, elle a jouer avec moi.

A tongue as sharp as razors, but she had a fancy car.

Her husband was a bruiser, played senior in Quebec,

If he'd had the rights of it, it would have been my neck.

Nancy couldn't watch me fight, she'd always be in tears,

Waving from the bleachers, and screaming in my ears,

Dee I should have married, and we had a dandy fling,

But I had a one way contract, blew the money for the ring.

I should have sent a letter, and it would have been polite,

But I'm cleaning out my locker, and time is getting tight.

I'm calling from the station, perhaps another day,

Cause they're calling up a rookie, and they're trading me away.

i saw these guys a few summers ago in Connecticut, great band and great music. i was standing near the stage wearing an islanders jersey and the lead singer asked me out loud "hey son, did you lose a bet with someone?" the whole place got a kick out of it and they played helmet head

yeah they are wild, when they played in Halifax they had a sweet video from the 1950's and holy cow hockey was violent back then

haha same, they had some video and as you said, they were getting drunk on stage and they got better the drunker they got

yeah they are wild, when they played in Halifax they had a sweet video from the 1950's and holy cow hockey was violent back then

I've been listening to these guys for several years. My wife and I saw them in Chicago, and I got their new (at the time) CD "Something Beautiful", with that song on it. The concert was incredibly energetic, and everyone sang along with every song.

Some goofs, I assume the house, ran a smoke machine and played with colored lights for their whole performance. Strange.

Push Stars opened for them, and Chris Trapper came out later to do a couple of his tunes with Great Big Sea. I really like his songwriting, he's got a distinctive style, but I prefer Great Big Sea's versions of his tunes. He does good lyrics, so it was a shame the audio mixing for his group was like a lot of concerts -- turn up the instrument sound so high you don't have a prayer of hearing the lyrics.

Edited by wrangler

haha same, they had some video and as you said, they were getting drunk on stage and they got better the drunker they got

haha yeah i think they were quite drunk, pretty funny, pretty sure they probably went out on the town that evening... halifax is a strange city like that, kind of like Portsmouth where I grew up and you see all the presidential candidates randomly...halifax you see famous people when you least expect it... a couple of years ago I was drinking a beer and eating a slice of pizza and saw sidney crosby with the stanley cup on top of a duck tour bus/boat stopped at a red light. sorry to get side tracked but still I am surprised you didn't see the guys from gbs out on the town!

Got accepted to my first Law School so I am 1 for 1 on my applications so far :biggrin:

Also bought a sweet Vaughn 8800 double cup almost new of craigslist for $30 shipped yesterday and it came today in time for me to use it!

Got accepted to my first Law School so I am 1 for 1 on my applications so far :biggrin:

Also bought a sweet Vaughn 8800 double cup almost new of craigslist for $30 shipped yesterday and it came today in time for me to use it!

Great, at least you know you're going, now. It'll change your head. They told us the first day, once you start, "You'll never look at anything the same way".

The Pushstars, I remember seeing them ages ago at the Common Ground in Allston. They were so new that they had to play all their songs twice in order to make a set list.