Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

The Pushstars, I remember seeing them ages ago at the Common Ground in Allston. They were so new that they had to play all their songs twice in order to make a set list.

How'd you like them?

Good stuff, we caught them a few other times, including one really strange show that was in the large living room of some house. A friend of mine still follows Chris and keeps up with his stuff.

Former Calgary Flames Equip Mgr set up a shop 3 min away from home with the Flatbottom V! It was a 20 minute drive to hit and miss hockey expert sharpeners, so pumped, ah the stuff that gets me excited.

Funny thing at work, great to see that we all can communicate.

The only lady in the office, who loves to organise office functions/outings, decides that we need to go and do something interesting. Suggestions of paint ball, bowling, golf etc are common, so when someone suggested clap pigeon shooting she jumped at it. She gets it organised and tells us of the dates of the event. She's a vegatarian, loves animals, and wouldnt harm a fly. Conversation went something like this:

Guy A: Clay pigeons were a bird bred to be shot. You release them and when they fly off you shoot them.

Girl: What?!?! Are you serious? Then what about animal laws?

Guy B: Its alright, dont worry. Since they are specially bred to be killed its ok!

Me: Yea, if they dont die when you shoot them, you have to walk out and use a bat to knock them dead. Too cruel to let them live like that.

Guy A: Thats IF the dogs dont get to the first/

Me: Oh yea, forgot about the dogs.

Girl: Guys, this is cruel, you cant do it! I'm cancelling the whole thing, I didnt realise there was killing involved.

Me: We can do skeet shooting? They are a smaller bird and fly faster, so its more difficult to kill.

Girl: I'm not talking to you guys. This is insane.

We all shit ourselves laughing, then someone tells her the truth...

Funny thing at work, great to see that we all can communicate.

The only lady in the office, who loves to organise office functions/outings, decides that we need to go and do something interesting. Suggestions of paint ball, bowling, golf etc are common, so when someone suggested clap pigeon shooting she jumped at it. She gets it organised and tells us of the dates of the event. She's a vegatarian, loves animals, and wouldnt harm a fly. Conversation went something like this:

Guy A: Clay pigeons were a bird bred to be shot. You release them and when they fly off you shoot them.

Girl: What?!?! Are you serious? Then what about animal laws?

Guy B: Its alright, dont worry. Since they are specially bred to be killed its ok!

Me: Yea, if they dont die when you shoot them, you have to walk out and use a bat to knock them dead. Too cruel to let them live like that.

Guy A: Thats IF the dogs dont get to the first/

Me: Oh yea, forgot about the dogs.

Girl: Guys, this is cruel, you cant do it! I'm cancelling the whole thing, I didnt realise there was killing involved.

Me: We can do skeet shooting? They are a smaller bird and fly faster, so its more difficult to kill.

Girl: I'm not talking to you guys. This is insane.

We all shit ourselves laughing, then someone tells her the truth...

What a jerk.. hahaha

I have an ongoing joke with a couple of my wife's friends about how they need to spend more time flashing themselves topless in public - usually around when my reserve unit is doing an annual 13km ruck march in full kit: "You know, Angie, nothing says 'I support the troops' more than a drive by with fried eggs under glass..." This has been going on for years, quite harmlessly, with my wife's full knowledge. This is my last year in a command role, and yesterday's march quite likely the last one I'd be leading my platoon on. Fast forward to yesterday morning, and there's about 40 of us, full kit, helmets, weapons, safety vehicle to the rear, tabbing along on a rural road about 9km into our route. The shout of "Vehicle rear!" gets passed up, and as the approaching vehicle passes us from behind, it turns out to be a Ford Escape, honking madly and driving quite slowly with yellow ribbons tied to the antenna and roof rack, with three pairs of breasts pushed up against the windows. I nearly pissed my pants laughing and cheering. Out for a pint with friends later last night, and the girls were all about denial, with big smiles and rolling their eyes ever so innocently, but it definitely made a bittersweet day one I can't stop laughing about.

I have an ongoing joke with a couple of my wife's friends about how they need to spend more time flashing themselves topless in public - usually around when my reserve unit is doing an annual 13km ruck march in full kit: "You know, Angie, nothing says 'I support the troops' more than a drive by with fried eggs under glass..." This has been going on for years, quite harmlessly, with my wife's full knowledge. This is my last year in a command role, and yesterday's march quite likely the last one I'd be leading my platoon on. Fast forward to yesterday morning, and there's about 40 of us, full kit, helmets, weapons, safety vehicle to the rear, tabbing along on a rural road about 9km into our route. The shout of "Vehicle rear!" gets passed up, and as the approaching vehicle passes us from behind, it turns out to be a Ford Escape, honking madly and driving quite slowly with yellow ribbons tied to the antenna and roof rack, with three pairs of breasts pushed up against the windows. I nearly pissed my pants laughing and cheering. Out for a pint with friends later last night, and the girls were all about denial, with big smiles and rolling their eyes ever so innocently, but it definitely made a bittersweet day one I can't stop laughing about.

I'm not asking.

Lmao - Yeah, it wasn't my wife creating the trifecta - I know that for sure, although she was asking me how the march was with a big smile before I even had the door closed. I don't know or care where the extra set came from (nor how the girl in the very back managed to contort enough to squish them against the glass). Not going to complain about too many!

It just goes to show that persistence can pay off. Now what? Maybe I'll start suggesting all-girl pillow fights as a good exercise regime...

Lmao - Yeah, it wasn't my wife creating the trifecta - I know that for sure, although she was asking me how the march was with a big smile before I even had the door closed. I don't know or care where the extra set came from (nor how the girl in the very back managed to contort enough to squish them against the glass). Not going to complain about too many!

It just goes to show that persistence can pay off. Now what? Maybe I'll start suggesting all-girl pillow fights as a good exercise regime...

Well, you should certainly get full marks for your attention to the men's morale.

Finished our C division 0-25-1 in the regular season. Played the first place team in game 1 of the playoffs and we won 5-2..

To make it even sweeter, the team we beat had only lost the opening game in the regular season, and was something like 21-4-1

Just goes to show you, anything can happen in the playoffs! :biggrin:

first round of the playoffs our teams down 2 games to 0 in a best of 5 series, we ended up coming back in the series and capping it off with a 4-3 win in ot last night. Felt really good especially because the team we were playing basically tried to intimidate us all series (most of our guys are 17-18 theirs are 19-20) so it feels really good to move on to the next round of the playoffs

not hockey related but just got home from probably the sketchiest drive from Halifax NS to Portsmouth NH where my parents live... and look what came in the mail....

URL=http://img824.imageshack.us/i/photoon20110302at23.jpg/]photoon20110302at23.jpg

Edited by hampshirepuck

not hockey related but just got home from probably the sketchiest drive from Halifax NS to Portsmouth NH where my parents live... and look what came in the mail....

They printed your degree backwards?! Shouldn't that be in the venting discussion?

Seriously, congratulations, that is a big step.

Edited by Neal

congrats hampshire, and a sweet spot of my own. I've gotten over strep p0retty quick, and my friend from the A/V club messaged me that he used one of his dads friends to get us a private tour of NBC studion and to meet the cast of SNL. also, we are meeting the head and some people from barelypolitical, the group that makes the hilarious youtube videos.

It says Tommy looks at things backwards and lacks focus.

...what?

ohh so his name is Tommy?

Edited by AIREAYE

Seeing the skills guys like Zajac and Hall fighting their own fights and proving that guys like Gillies! I mean even Probert scored goals and could play hockey! Hey couldn't skate...but god bless him he was strong! Probert would have just walked up into the locker room and B!@#$ Slapped Gillies. Probert would have just walked up to Gillies and said "Grow up scab!". I want to see Gillies and Carcillo drop em! Get Danny on a off day :mad:

Superfeet insoles. Never realized how much they help until this past Friday night when I forgot to put them back in my skates after drying. Used my regular insoles and it felt like I was learning to skate all over again for the first period.

After a rough beer league season with 17 losses my team is going into the playoffs on a 3 win streak. The team is finally clicking. Looks like we'll be re-playing the team we just beat yesterday (in a chippy game) in the first round. If we keep cool heads we can beat them, if we get chippy too, it will be much tougher.

Well, my squirt minor team (that I coach) finished first in their division and lost the championship in overtime to the first place team in the larger division. It was a slight disappointment and end to a great year BUT, we held tryouts yesterday and several excellent players from good programs came over and signed on for next year. We are going to have a great start in our tournament bound year. I think our hard work paid off and got noticed.