Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

H, am really happy to here that things are looking up!

I've missed two games, of which my team mates have sent me messages saying that I've been missed at the rink... Looking forward to playing next week, but wont be pushing myself too hard.

Thanks K, i'm happy too, its gonna be so awesome.

i remember you telling me about that and posting pics, that was some funk right there. I'm really glad you're all better now and cheers to a great recovery, better back up than further down, and yeah insurance, thank the everything for that, those head scans from my concussions would have cost a fortune.

Edited by Thinkingjack

Heard my first game back will be against a team that beat us 5-1 the last time. If I remember correctly, one guy skated backwards into me (me almost stationary) and he glared at me like it was my fault. Told him, 'you skated into ME buddy, and if I wanted to hit you, you'd know it'

H, glad you got a place you like. The prospective new job situation sucks, but at least you're not unemployed. I hope the new neighborhood is safer, and the new neighbors like dogs.

Did you move far?

Fatwabbit and BJB, glad to hear you guys are getting back out. So far I've been fortunate, and haven't missed more than a week due to injury, my whole life (57 & counting).

Finished my second week of ten weeks of physical therapy for an ankle injury that took place on Super Bowl Sunday. Just after two weeks of physical therapy, the ankle is feeling a lot better and I cannot wait to get back to the ice.

@bostonjuniorblackhawks: congratulations on getting back to the ice; one year is a long time away from the game. Out of curiosity, how did you pass the time? I've been having one helluva time trying not to buy hockey gear (gloves, sticks, etc...), it's been tough!!!

I actually been skating for a while, I just haven't had anywhere to play a game due to my injury and age. I was off the ice for about 5 months intially and it was tough not being able to skate.

Thanks man! I appreciate it, The job doesnt really suck anymore i changed how i did the job, basically stopped caring and it started to flourish. And you're right, i went unemployed all of 09 and part of '10 so i certainly do not want that again, i actually enjoy building up money and buying things i need or want when i get around to it instead of wishing.

I'm moving about 4 miles away from my current location, so it'll be 4 miles added to the 300 feet traveled to work, i think i'm gonna like it, i just have to do some better upgrades to my roadbike, it's been taking a beating lately.

Had a Police Cadet competition at the CT State Police training center. My friend and I won the Search and Seizure category, came 3rd of 23 teams in the Felony Stop, and I finished 2nd on the Firing Range. My team didn't win a team award (top 3 teams), but we've only been together for 1 year.

Some of you know, I was laid up in hospital with a pretty bad leg infection about a month ago. Docs pumped me full of antibiotics, and virtually put me back on my feet again after a couple of weeks.

Played my first game back tonight. 1st shift, 1st touch, 1st goal. Just a shot from the point, which I redirected between the goalie's pads. Same shift, got the puck on the left, and just let loose with a quick snapper that went in blocker side.

That basically set the tone for the whole game. I had so many quick snap shots, one that I tried to go low but hit the post. Also had two semi-breakaways, both of them I deked to my forehand before pulling to the backhand. Both times the goalie bought it and was really out of position... only for the puck to roll off my blade at the last sec. 10 sec left in the game and I had another redirection between the goalie's pads that was stopped just on the line.

My line is starting to click together. I have been paired up with this other guy for the last few games, and somehow we've managed to find each other with no look passes... one touch plays, tic tac toe passing... been starting to all gel together.

7 goals, 7 assist in the last 4 games. Thats coming from finally putting me up in front and not sticking me in defence like the last 3 years.

Edited by fatwabbit

Nice. Doesn't sound like it can get any better -- might as well retire.

Snide remark wrangler? :laugh: I'm just going to keep coming back!!!

It was a good game, apparently my team hasnt beaten the other team for over two years, and the last time we got hammered 5-1

Snide remark wrangler? :laugh: I'm just going to keep coming back!!!

It was a good game, apparently my team hasnt beaten the other team for over two years, and the last time we got hammered 5-1

Just kidding around -- "snide" sounds kinda nasty, which isn't me.

found a job for the summer. pretty excited because in my town it seems jobs are strictly on a who you know basis. People that i've talked to laugh at my job but i'm doing the training and it doesn't seem too bad, plus its good money. only downside is I work late every night, but I see that as a plus as well, since it means I won't spend as much money at the bar. haha

My Thrilla in Vanilla stout just placed 4th (honorable mention) in the Spirit of Free Beer homebrew competition. I am very fucking chuffed with this. There were 506 entries across all categories of beer. Still waiting on scores but they posted the results and there I be.

The SOFB homebrew competition is one of the biggest homebrew competitions in the area here (as evidenced by the over 500 entries). So to have my beer finish high in it's style category was a pretty big deal for me.

This is what it looks like.

vanillawhiskeyporter.jpg

My Thrilla in Vanilla stout just placed 4th (honorable mention) in the Spirit of Free Beer homebrew competition. I am very fucking chuffed with this. There were 506 entries across all categories of beer. Still waiting on scores but they posted the results and there I be.

The SOFB homebrew competition is one of the biggest homebrew competitions in the area here (as evidenced by the over 500 entries). So to have my beer finish high in it's style category was a pretty big deal for me.

That's pretty badass not gonna lie. You're pretty much livin the dream lol keep up the good work.

I thought prom and even after parties were going to be lame, kept it clean no alcohol and still had an unreal amount of fun

That's what most kids seem to think, but then they go and have the time of their lives. The ones who stayed home will regret it when they're older lol

Edited by AIREAYE

I'm not sure what the Canadian/other breakdown is here, but the Discovery TV network in Canada have a show called Best.Trip.Ever

They are using the music from my cousins band back home in their promos. Band is called Soundproof. 4 members, 3 brothers. The brothers mother and my father were brother/sister.

I hope it springboards them to some sort of success in North America, as they work their bag off for everything they get

If you like the tune here you can check them out on facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/soundproofofficial1

Sniped an OT winner today top left just inside the post in between the defenders legs on a 1 on 1. Scoring a game winner is such great feeling!

vanillawhiskeyporter.jpg

When's the tasting for MSH members?

Congrats on your high finish. That's wicked.

send me one and I'll test it myself! I'm a big fan of darks and I'd really like to give that one a shot!