Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

So at the golf outing I played in on Saturday, I ended up winning the Longest Drive Contest, a Chicago Bears On Field Authentic Jacket, 25 dollar gift card to Buffalo Wild Wings, and the grand prize of free golf at the country club for the whole month of July. On top of all that I finally landed another job.

Played a drop in last night, and was the oldest guy there. Although I couldnt keep up with 15 and 21 year olds, I was able to still deke past some of them. It was the first time on my new Mission T8 with sprungs (self mounted) and shit they felt great... didnt even get them baked and they felt good. Must be something to do with the oh-so-thick tongue.

After almost a year of just working with the most difficult dealer we have in Asia Pacific, I'm finally getting some recognition. With my contacts at our manufacturing facility, we managed to sell close to 13 products when the customers were only looking for 2-3. Although I didnt exactly follow the process, selling 13 instead of 2-3 is a good thing. To top it off, my boss has agreed to have me visit the US with our rep and customer. Fingers crossed I can make it to Summerjam...

Edited by fatwabbit

Bonfire burning all of our work from high school, should be fun!

Our grad class actually went camping a couple weeks ago haha, did that too :) congrats

Was raining all morning and was told by my boss to go home at 10am but the rain stopped at 10am so I was able to stay and work the full 8 hours instead of 3.5. So it was worth it to stay this morning after given the option to go home or stay for a few hours.

Since I've been injured for the past four months (no that is not the Sweet Spot :laugh: ), I've had a lot of time to think about how much I miss ice hockey. I'm really glad that I got into playing ice hockey (even though it was at a very late age; over 40) and I'm really glad that I became aware (and a member) of MSH. I've learned so much from MSH and from the many members that share their wealth of knowledge to hockey players of all skill sets and ages. I was laughing at myself the other day, as I was reminiscing about my very first stick/puck session. I got all geared up and was sweating buckets after the first 15 minutes. The funny thing about it was that I didn't realize that you could/needed to cut my stick; so being 5'9" I was playing with a full length stick :laugh:

So thanks to MSH and to all the members that have answered/helped me out with my posts and PM's.

Spent some time this Father's day weekend building a deck. While that doesnt sound super fun, to be able to do that for, and while hanging out with, my handicapped father was just awesome. A couple uncles from out of town came in and we all hung out and built a 12' x 24' deck with dual walkways/steps around the pool. First time ever actually building something like this. learned a lot, and it came out great. And got some quality time with my dad for fathers day.

Today is a special day in my life. Two years ago today I received the gift of life. I had a living donor liver transplant.

I have been blessed to be able to enjoy the things a lot of people may take for granted.

You always hear people who come close to death and say it changes there life, but you really can't describe what it's like.

My wife will sometimes tell me things from when I was very sick in the months before my transplant. My doctors told her that I may not make it and to be prepared to talk to my daughter. In May of 07 I couldn't focus enough to dial a phone or read. At the time I never really realized how sick I was, but when hearing stuff like that I now know how lucky I am. In the last couple of years I try to enjoy the little things that I may not have normally. I remember taking my daughter to her first movie. I remember playing with my daughter and running for the first time. And then being so exhausted that I couldn't imagine how I was going to be able to play hockey again. I returned to work about five months after my transplant.

Then six months and three days after the surgery I got back on the ice. I can still remember the ride to the rink, getting dressed, and skating that first lap around the ice. When I walked into the locker room that night there was a guy that I had skated with for five or six years in my pickup group. He says to me "Where the hell have you been?" I told him a had a liver transplant and he says "That's it?". It still makes me laugh when I think about it. As much as I missed playing hockey it was the friends I skate with that I missed the most.

Whenever I have a bad day or I am bummed about something I try and take a deep breath and remember that I shouldn't even be here.

Well it's been three years now & I'm still doing good. In the last year I saw my daughter go to Kindergarten and learn how to read.

It's pretty good indeed.

ABC News Nightline did a story on me. They followed me from beginning of the living donor process.

Here is the story Life & Death Finding a donor

I'm trying to get the video up as well. If I can will add it later.

Another year has come & gone and I'm up to four years.

I finally got my video online:

I watched this the other day & I had forgotten how I had felt before my transplant.

If you are not an organ donor please consider becoming one.

One organ, tissue and corneal donor may directly save or enhance the lives of between 50 and 75 people. Organs can save lives, corneas renew vision, and tissue may help to restore someone's ability to walk, run or move freely without pain.

Becoming a Donor

Mother of Chris Henry Talks About His Organ Donations

Boxer Paco Rodriguez Organs Give Four Women Gift of Life

Sounds like the kind of thing that really brings life into focus, and makes you really live your best moments, taking nothing for granted. It's also great to see people really care about you, and see them step up to help when it counts, and the cost may be huge. Carlo sounds like a hell of a human being.

That's amazing. My friend who originally had 2 and a half years left due to kidney cancer now has an additional 7 or so thanks to a donor.

Edited by AIREAYE

That's amazing. My friend who originally had 2 and a half years left due to kidney cancer now has an additional 7 or so thanks to a donor.

That's great.

They found cancer in my old liver after my transplant. I was very fortunate it didn't spread anywhere.

That's great.

They found cancer in my old liver after my transplant. I was very fortunate it didn't spread anywhere.

not something many people get to say... Congrats on still being healthy bud, and here's to many more good years to come!

EDIT: posted this before I watched the video. amazing story and I'm truly amazed at the goodwill in people, in a time when we are all supposed to be selfish malcontents. Only thing about the video is I wish they caught your first game!

Edited by maxamillion

Impulse stop to LHS. Decided to buy an 11k blade. Turns out the price marked on it was 25% less than it was supposed to be but the clerk gave it to me for the marked price (after telling staff to remove all the stickers on the rest of the blades in the bin). So, impulse spending is good.

played the semi final game on Tuesday night. I dedided to take the faceoffs for the team this game, and although lost the first drop, I won a total of 7 out of 9. Switched it up a few times... backhand to point, forehand to net and even had a shot on goal right from the faceoff... it did crack my beloved X60 though, but its still pretty solid (hope it lasts).

We won the game comfortably 5-0, and we played a really decent team game. Lots of passing from all players.

Today has been probably one of the best Fridays... or any day... I've had in a LONG time. I took off today and tomorrow to spend some family time and get to see our 12 yr old daughter play during a jazz session at a town's yearly celebration we have in the adjoining city. That was great. And it gets far better. For 11 1/2 years I've been a department manager at a very successful business in town. Yet after always exceeding budgeted income goals and consistently high customer feedback I've been lingering the last 3 years with little more to show for all the work effort. I'm a team player and do whatever I can to help the business flow. Out of the blue I got a call early in the week from a friend who was a manager I'd worked for many years ago. To make a long story short he's moving within the company and his job is open. He immediately suggested to the owners that I'd be a perfect fit seeing how I've been running a similarly-sized group and have nearly 12 years of experience doing so. I interviewed this morning and received the offer an hour ago. The move is lateral financially but I'll work less hours and have a great opportunity to move up pay-wise with hard work and results. With our youngest one now going to jr high I don't have to worry about asking for some time off during the days for school programs so that's a plus. I'll give up a bit of vacation time. But in the big picture I won't have to deal with micromanagement any more, and actually be rewarded for my work. The friend whose job I'll take over has been there 15 years and is absolutely happy with the company. I trust him and even though it's a big move to make at my age (51 years young there kids, lol) but it's now or never I feel. The hope is I'll not have the stress I do now which eats me up daily. I'm sick of being a grouch when I get home. Anyhow... I'll either tell the owner tomorrow if I decide to wander in there or on Monday morning that I'll be leaving on the 8th. And I'd already taken that Friday off for the daughter's swim meet. Now if I just have a good game tonight things will be perfect.