Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Today has been probably one of the best Fridays... or any day... I've had in a LONG time. I took off today and tomorrow to spend some family time and get to see our 12 yr old daughter play during a jazz session at a town's yearly celebration we have in the adjoining city. That was great. And it gets far better. For 11 1/2 years I've been a department manager at a very successful business in town. Yet after always exceeding budgeted income goals and consistently high customer feedback I've been lingering the last 3 years with little more to show for all the work effort. I'm a team player and do whatever I can to help the business flow. Out of the blue I got a call early in the week from a friend who was a manager I'd worked for many years ago. To make a long story short he's moving within the company and his job is open. He immediately suggested to the owners that I'd be a perfect fit seeing how I've been running a similarly-sized group and have nearly 12 years of experience doing so. I interviewed this morning and received the offer an hour ago. The move is lateral financially but I'll work less hours and have a great opportunity to move up pay-wise with hard work and results. With our youngest one now going to jr high I don't have to worry about asking for some time off during the days for school programs so that's a plus. I'll give up a bit of vacation time. But in the big picture I won't have to deal with micromanagement any more, and actually be rewarded for my work. The friend whose job I'll take over has been there 15 years and is absolutely happy with the company. I trust him and even though it's a big move to make at my age (51 years young there kids, lol) but it's now or never I feel. The hope is I'll not have the stress I do now which eats me up daily. I'm sick of being a grouch when I get home. Anyhow... I'll either tell the owner tomorrow if I decide to wander in there or on Monday morning that I'll be leaving on the 8th. And I'd already taken that Friday off for the daughter's swim meet. Now if I just have a good game tonight things will be perfect.

Congrats!!

Attended an all girls hockey camp this past week in Colorado, nothing really special but a fun week. That's not the highlight though. Wednesday, I was surprised when I got off the ice when an ACHA college captain wanted to talk to me. I met with her and her coach and they informed me that my skill was very surprising for only being 14 and my size (5'10")was also a huge asset that they would love to have play for them if I so choose not to play NCAA which they were convinced that I can play because of my skill and am still very young. After camp ended yesterday, we all had an opportunity to have a one on one interview with the main coach at this camp. He told me that, in his and the other coaches' opinions (who played NCAA women's hockey both D1 and D3) that I have serious potential to be a great college hockey player and even play at high levels after college. At only 14 I'm sure you can imagine how much it meant to me to already be told of my potential of experienced coaches to play NCAA college hockey and have an ACHA team that is already interested in me. Just plain excited right now.

Attended an all girls hockey camp this past week in Colorado, nothing really special but a fun week. That's not the highlight though. Wednesday, I was surprised when I got off the ice when an ACHA college captain wanted to talk to me. I met with her and her coach and they informed me that my skill was very surprising for only being 14 and my size (5'10")was also a huge asset that they would love to have play for them if I so choose not to play NCAA which they were convinced that I can play because of my skill and am still very young. After camp ended yesterday, we all had an opportunity to have a one on one interview with the main coach at this camp. He told me that, in his and the other coaches' opinions (who played NCAA women's hockey both D1 and D3) that I have serious potential to be a great college hockey player and even play at high levels after college. At only 14 I'm sure you can imagine how much it meant to me to already be told of my potential of experienced coaches to play NCAA college hockey and have an ACHA team that is already interested in me. Just plain excited right now.

That's great news! I think I was about 15 or 16 when I was told that I had potential for a full ride scholarship to an American D1 school. Even though that was a long time ago, I still remember it like it was yesterday!

Edited by bigdmac

Finished Hyperbaric treatment for my concussion on Thursday, and i've been symptom free since friday. Doc said two more weeks until I can play competitive sports again! Its gonna be a long two weeks though!

Family came over from hometown to visit, total of 2 Aunts, an Uncle and cousin.

Took them to a theme park yesterday along with wife and son. Most of the time I cant do the bigger rides as my son is too young, and wife is too scared. Spent the day just doing the rides etc. Cousin and I got to do the Batman ride, just catapults you about 8 or 9 storeys up in 1-2 secs. Good thing we didnt eat lunch yet. Then we did the Lethal Weapon... basically legs dangling down, full 360 loops and lots of cockscrew turns... and then it was to the moto-show. NOrmally they have a bunch of guys doing stunt driving, but because it was the school holidays they had a full range of stuff, from motorcross guys doing 360 flips and superman seatgrabs, to monster trucks just going over heaps of stuff...

To top of the good day, we finally got back at about 7pm... and then everyone went into cooking mode. One aunt was cutting food, uncle on one stove, cousin working the other stove, one aunt washing up, while I was outside on the BBQ grill. Within 30min it was a full on dinner already served at the table. Great stuff when you have an uncle who used to be in the Navy as the ship's chef, so it was basically everything we could find in the fridge into the pot for dinner. Never had pineapple-pumpkin-roastlamb-rice before, but man it was good.

A friend and former teammate hasn't been able to do much of anything for the last six months, when they found a blood clot in his leg. Tonight was the first time I had been on the ice with him in a year or more and set him up for his first goal since the clot was found. It wasn't a game, just a regular pickup group, but it was cool to put together a nice play.

A friend and former teammate hasn't been able to do much of anything for the last six months, when they found a blood clot in his leg. Tonight was the first time I had been on the ice with him in a year or more and set him up for his first goal since the clot was found. It wasn't a game, just a regular pickup group, but it was cool to put together a nice play.

I think you just summed up what the best part of playing with a group of friends. For moments like that. :happy:

there's a guy we play with who doesn't usually get any offensive chances because he's solid on D and plays back a lot. Last drop in I set him up for 3 wide open point shots that he converted on. now we know he has a hell of a cannon as well!

Returning to the ice after the graduation mayhem in may and june. I had approximately 50 pages in papers to write between May 1st and 26th and then had finals the 27th and 31st. June, I've worked all summer long and graduated on the 10th. It's been a busy 2 months and I'm looking forward to starting my summer workout and hope to play for my college sometime in these next 4 years.

Just got done playing 18 holes at an awesome local golf course. They had a demo day scheduled, so we made our tee time to end right before that started. All the big names were there. Some amazing new clubs out there! But the best thing was the sale that the pro shop had. I walked out the door with a Callaway Diablo Octane tour driver (9.5* with projectX 6.0 shaft), Callaway razrHawk 3 wood, and an Odyssey white ice DART putter. All brand new still in the plastic for $200!. Im very excited to hit these, and blown away by the deals they had!

Just got done playing 18 holes at an awesome local golf course. They had a demo day scheduled, so we made our tee time to end right before that started. All the big names were there. Some amazing new clubs out there! But the best thing was the sale that the pro shop had. I walked out the door with a Callaway Diablo Octane tour driver (9.5* with projectX 6.0 shaft), Callaway razrHawk 3 wood, and an Odyssey white ice DART putter. All brand new still in the plastic for $200!. Im very excited to hit these, and blown away by the deals they had!

Buddy of mine had the head snap off his Diablo at the range the other day. Too many heel hits twisted the shaft until it finally snapped.

After 4 years of not touching a gun, I shoot my first highpower match silhouette match since High School and win my class along with shooting 5 in a row chicken and almost pigs. Also got my College Degree in the mail today so overall not a bad day