Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Forgive my ignorance but I had no idea there was so much involved with being a librarian besides an understanding of the Dewey Decimal system, bun hairdo, glasses, and the ability to "shhhhhh" at will.

Believe it or not, one of the harder degrees to earn. There's a reason they earn an MS and not an arts degree.

Most people don't know about library science degrees. I was only aware because a friend's mom is/was a librarian.

As Drew said, it's not an easy degree with some pretty dry studies (data, metadata). There is also much more variety in specialties librarians can have than I ever knew.

Most people don't know about library science degrees. I was only aware because a friend's mom is/was a librarian.

As Drew said, it's not an easy degree with some pretty dry studies (data, metadata). There is also much more variety in specialties librarians can have than I ever knew.

Does your friends mom wear the glasses? HEHEHE!

Well after injuring my knee earlier this year and being told I wouldn't be allowed to skate until at least late December, I've got the green light to so some stick and puck on Wednesday!

Made a Soccer Mom in her oversized SUV wear her coffee this morning. Cruising down the highway on the way to work this morning, I look in my rearview mirror and don't even see this woman's headlights she was so far up my ass! I saw that she was looking down at something, so I gave her a few seconds to realize what she was doing. Well, she didn't. I saw her take a sip of coffee, then I waited for the next sip and hit the breaks. It was freakin' epic! She came nowhere near me the rest of the ride in.

Made a Soccer Mom in her oversized SUV wear her coffee this morning. Cruising down the highway on the way to work this morning, I look in my rearview mirror and don't even see this woman's headlights she was so far up my ass! I saw that she was looking down at something, so I gave her a few seconds to realize what she was doing. Well, she didn't. I saw her take a sip of coffee, then I waited for the next sip and hit the breaks. It was freakin' epic! She came nowhere near me the rest of the ride in.

Can't stand when people do this. If you don't like someone riding close to you then either speed up or move over and let them by. Why create a potential accident?

Can't stand when people do this. If you don't like someone riding close to you then either speed up or move over and let them by. Why create a potential accident?

Because we were in a line of traffic and I had nowhere to go other than up the ass of the person in front of me or the grass median. Plus, you've been to Jersey, you see how we drive... :wacko:

It's not great, but if they don't tailgate, the situation isn't possible. Neither is a pile-up. Safe following distance, please. You'll do the same speed as the guy ahead of you at a safe distance that you will on his tail. And if he's moving with traffic, there's nowhere ahead for either of you to go.

The question still stands, if you don't like a person riding on your ass then why not just let them by rather than creating a potential accident? Why does the mentality have to be, "well this person on my tail really bothers me so I'll create a dangerous situation for them and the other cars around us. That will teach them." However, it doesn't. It is just a maneuver that is equally as reckless as them riding your ass. Just move over and let them be the next car up's problem.

The question still stands, if you don't like a person riding on your ass then why not just let them by rather than creating a potential accident? Why does the mentality have to be, "well this person on my tail really bothers me so I'll create a dangerous situation for them and the other cars around us. That will teach them." However, it doesn't. It is just a maneuver that is equally as reckless as them riding your ass. Just move over and let them be the next car up's problem.

People do this to me often when I am driving a van for work (because I have to drive it slow). I will be in the right lane and they still drive up my ass. I can't get over any further to let them pass and they have plenty of options to move around me. So I feel a lot of times it is there own fault in that situation. People in Jersey drive horribly all the time.

I've had to deal with it on one lane roads. Theres no where for me to let them by. Simple answer, stop tail gaiting. And don't be upset when I ask if you planned on giving me a reach around.

I didn't address the propriety of hitting the brakes.

As to "let them by": How about they just back off and leave a safe following distance? So many times the tailgated driver is moving with traffic, with a line of cars in front of him, with nowhere for anyone to go. How about a bit of patience and safety? Are you really attempting to justify unsafe driving, and shift the blame to the driver who's being tailgated?

Tailgating is already iffy enough, there is no need to try and frighten the tailgater into a reaction and making an already iffy situation worse for everyone else on the road.

I tap the brakes oh so gently, just so my lights turn on. A don't actually slow down much. I do it in the attempt to get them off my ass. It's not dangerous at all as i don't slow down, they do.

It can be dangerous if there is someone tailgating the person tailgating me. Then i would never do it.

I tap the brakes oh so gently, just so my lights turn on. A don't actually slow down much. I do it in the attempt to get them off my ass. It's not dangerous at all as i don't slow down, they do.

It can be dangerous if there is someone tailgating the person tailgating me. Then i would never do it.

My dad does that, and I find it quite effective, only if there isn't a 3rd tailgater as you mentioned. I might pick up on that someday lol

I thought I should clarify, I do not hit the brakes. The one thing that always seems to work for me is to start swerving around. They then back off to watch out for the 'bad' driver. I have also slowed down before and watch them rage via mirrors, but that is a last resort.

Ah the ole tailgate dilemma, my take is basically get of of their way if you can (multiple lane road) or stay your ground and let them ride your ass untill they either:

A- Go past you illegally and endanger their life

B- Hit you in which case you sue them and make bank or report to police and they get a summons (its happened before)

C- They just sit there and that's about it

Don't accommodate their requests because its only enabling a bully on the road. Also if its a one lane road, then why take the risk in pulling over when another car can hit you, you run over the countless crap on the shoulders of a road, and many other factors affecting you than the bully. If he's in a rush or if he REALLY wants to get around you, he will, otherwise they don't realize that they are tailgating or they will just keep doin it for no reason and accomplish nothing.

Edited by Axxion89

Often it seems more important to a tailgater that you move, than that he gets by. How many times do we see a tailgater in the left lane, staying in position, when a lane is wide open to the right? That's not someone who's really in a hurry; that's someone who needs to make someone else do what he wants.

Often it seems more important to a tailgater that you move, than that he gets by. How many times do we see a tailgater in the left lane, staying in position, when a lane is wide open to the right? That's not someone who's really in a hurry; that's someone who needs to make someone else do what he wants.

in many states it isn't legal to pass on the right