Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Haha yeah, it would be an albatross. I hit easy driver on a 260 yrd par 4 that was actually on The Big Break Indian Wells, if any of you guys watched that show. Hit the front if the green and rolled like 20 paces to the hole. The group in front said it came within inches. They were all clapping, it was an awesome feeling!

Haha yeah, it would be an albatross. I hit easy driver on a 260 yrd par 4 that was actually on The Big Break Indian Wells, if any of you guys watched that show. Hit the front if the green and rolled like 20 paces to the hole. The group in front said it came within inches. They were all clapping, it was an awesome feeling!

Nice, I did that on a short four at home once. The only difference is that it skipped off the green and chased the group off the next tee box.

Ive never hit a par 4 in one. I never hit my old driver. I love my new one though! It worked out good though, there was a back up on the hole, so we talked to the group before. They said to hit as soon as they got off since they wanted to see the shot. And there were 2 groups behind us. Biggest audience I've ever had!

Well guys, I've been gone a while... but tonight a newer, leaner (110 pounds!!) AnthonyJTa takes the ice for the first time in almost 2 years. I had to tighten my helmet screws, snug up all of the belts and straps on my pants, and get this... buy new skates. I was in an 8E when I weighted 314 pounds, I'm in a 7D; I have an arch again, and my foot is nowhere near as wide. I think this deserves a post in the sweet spot. Wish me luck!

Well guys, I've been gone a while... but tonight a newer, leaner (110 pounds!!) AnthonyJTa takes the ice for the first time in almost 2 years. I had to tighten my helmet screws, snug up all of the belts and straps on my pants, and get this... buy new skates. I was in an 8E when I weighted 314 pounds, I'm in a 7D; I have an arch again, and my foot is nowhere near as wide. I think this deserves a post in the sweet spot. Wish me luck!

Way to go man! This defiantly deserves a spot in the thread! How did the game go!?

Way to go man! This defiantly deserves a spot in the thread! How did the game go!?

I went great! I was a novice/intermediate when I stopped, so I wasn't that much of a great player; but my legs felt amazing and I never got winded (thank the running, and 4x wk road cycling for both of those). New skates felt awesome, didn't need to fuss with laces, readjust, anything.....I don't think I've ever skated as much, or as hard in my entire life. I just woke up and my legs feel fine, not a bit of soreness.

very inspiring man, congrats on doing all that hard work. Getting back on the ice is a nice bonus too.

Holy hell, did you lose that much weight? Congratulations man!

Teach me your ways!

I did.. I currently fluctuate between 203-208 pounds. Hoping by spring time I'll break 200. (I've never weighed less than 200 in adulthood!) It's tough, and tedious.. you just have to set smaller goals. I started out trying Weight Watchers for Men online, and just said "Eh, I can figure this out". I downloaded a nutrition tracker for my phone, and logged everything I ate. I eliminated soda, and calorie dense drinks (with the exception of protein shakes) like coffee drinks chock full of cream and sugars (i.e. frapuccinos, etc), packed small salads with every lunch, and replaced chips and pretzels with fresh raw fruits and veggies. And I make it a point to break away from my desk at work everyday to get in a nice 30 minute walk; and trips to the gym 3-4 days per week.

Once I dropped that first 20 pounds, I took up running by using the "Couch to 5K" program, did lots of road races (5K, 10K) until a buddy of mine got me into road cycling. This past spring I started doing group rides with a local shop racing team and they've been kickin' my butt. I'm hoping next spring I can learn a little more on the road and do some criterium races. So I figured along with the long boring days on the indoor trainer on my bike, I'd mix in skating again.

Very nice!

While losing 110 pounds is impressive I thought you I weighed 110 pounds from 310 pounds. That would have be miraculous. Probably unhealthy! Congrats on the weight loss! And don't give up.

I myself have lost about 50 pounds. The key to me is just do something to at least break a sweat everyday, the more sweat the better. Hockey is the best way to lose weight for me I think.

Anthony, that is awesome. It is amazing what will power can do. I am about 10 pounds down and about thirty more to go for my own target weight. I am loosely following the no flour, no sugar routine. I still eat pretty well, but eliminating those empty calories is huge. I log my food every day, and it really makes you realize what you're doing to yourself sometimes!

Good luck, and keep it up. I feel good about my small success, so you must feel awesome.

Very nice!

While losing 110 pounds is impressive I thought you I weighed 110 pounds from 310 pounds. That would have be miraculous. Probably unhealthy! Congrats on the weight loss! And don't give up.

I myself have lost about 50 pounds. The key to me is just do something to at least break a sweat everyday, the more sweat the better. Hockey is the best way to lose weight for me I think.

Remember though, don't play hockey to stay in shape, stay in shape to play hockey.