Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

So i've been wanting a road bike so bad for a long time, but they're just so expensive. And i've been scouring CL every few weeks or so. I had to have my bike fixed a few times because its a cheapie and just keeps breaking down.

Yesterday i was on CL while working with a fellow roadie, and i found one the second it was posted as i refreshed the page,

a Giant brand bike from the early/mid 90s, BRAND NEW tires, Brand New Rims, the guy had it but obviously didnt know what it was worth, 20 bucks. I'm so excited.

That's pretty sweet. My old coach got to play a beer league game at fenway a few years ago

Nice! I actually found out that the slot after the game was taken so our game is gonna be sometime during that week. I'm so stoked! We're getting all new jerseys made just for this game as well.

Found a lot of my old N64 games. Been racking my brain playing Tetrisphere for the past hour and a half. You can find some great stuff when you clean your whole house.

Edited by Slapshot9123

Just thought I'd give everyone here an update as I've gotten a ton of support. I've been sober just over 3 weeks. But I am not stopping now, I am checking myself into rehab next Monday. Thank you everybody.

Edited by starsfan71

Just thought I'd give everyone here an update as I've gotten a ton of support. I've been sober just over 3 weeks. But I am not stopping now, I am checking myself into rehab next Monday. Thank you everybody.

Good for you man! Keep it up!

That's is great, keep it up! Good luck, I think you are making a great decision.

Good for you buddy! :D Best of luck with rehab!

Got a call from a friend tonight asking if I wanted to take my parents to see the Blackhawks vs. Sharks tomorrow night! I told him I was in asked how many tickets he has and he said four. Perfect Paul, myself, and my parents. Seats are 2nd row directly behind the net! I have now seen the Redwings and will see the Blackhawks from these seats. I do not see many games, but when I do...

The best part of this story is, the last Sharks game I went to was two days before my Dad went into surgery to repair an aortic aneurysm. They lost that game. In fact I almost lost it when my dad looked at me and said they "had no heart" I was terrified. I just had this feeling like it wasn't going to be ok. The day he had his surgery and I saw him in the ICU in a medicated coma still intubated I had to hold it together for my mom. But I was dying inside. I went home that night and while we waited for a call from the hospital to tell us he was awake I watched the Sharks go down 4-0 I thought the game was over and was worrying more that things were bad with Dad. The Dr. said that since he was dead on the table for 25 minutes while they replaced his aorta that waking up would tell us if he suffered any brain injury from the procedure. 4-1. I kept watching. 4-2. I smiled for a moment. I think they called right around 4-3 and told us he was awake, alert, and breathing on his own! He made it through the procedure! 4-3 and 4-4 were a blur. Then Setoguchi did it in OT and I lost it! They may not have won the cup this year, but they did it on a day I needed it most! I am not sure why I went so far into detail on this, but I just wanted to get the point across that this game will mean a lot to me. I get to go with my dad yet again.

I guess I just want everyone to really think about the people they love in their life and make sure you tell them. You never know how many more games you will get to see.

Edited by skyscrape

Got a call from a friend tonight asking if I wanted to take my parents to see the Blackhawks vs. Sharks tomorrow night! I told him I was in asked how many tickets he has and he said four. Perfect Paul, myself, and my parents. Seats are 2nd row directly behind the net! I have now seen the Redwings and will see the Blackhawks from these seats. I do not see many games, but when I do...

The best part of this story is, the last Sharks game I went to was two days before my Dad went into surgery to repair an aortic aneurysm. They lost that game. In fact I almost lost it when my dad looked at me and said they "had no heart" I was terrified. I just had this feeling like it wasn't going to be ok. The day he had his surgery and I saw him in the ICU in a medicated coma still intubated I had to hold it together for my mom. But I was dying inside. I went home that night and while we waited for a call from the hospital to tell us he was awake I watched the Sharks go down 4-0 I thought the game was over and was worrying more that things were bad with Dad. The Dr. said that since he was dead on the table for 25 minutes while they replaced his aorta that waking up would tell us if he suffered any brain injury from the procedure. 4-1. I kept watching. 4-2. I smiled for a moment. I think they called right around 4-3 and told us he was awake, alert, and breathing on his own! He made it through the procedure! 4-3 and 4-4 were a blur. Then Setoguchi did it in OT and I lost it! They may not have won the cup this year, but they did it on a day I needed it most! I am not sure why I went so far into detail on this, but I just wanted to get the point across that this game will mean a lot to me. I get to go with my dad yet again.

I guess I just want everyone to really think about the people they love in their life and make sure you tell them. You never know how many more games you will get to see.

That's great news.

I have been in a similar situation & understand how you feel.

Certainly puts life in perspective.

Edited by sfdz6_20_07

Knowing you, I have to wonder if you're talking about your next date.

SO SO TRUE...

Next date will have to be twins then. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Wrangler!

I've been holding off until it was 100% confirmed by the doctors because we didn't wanna Jinx it at all. But it was exciting none the less.

Now that it is and 100% GO-GO-GO with it?

My fiancee and i found out we're going to be parents, due date is late June 2012, This is the most amazing news of my entire life, i dont believe that anything in this world could ever top this. I'm gonna do the best and hardest to be a good parent and more, words cannot describe how i feel about this.

Edited by Thinkingjack

I've been holding off until it was 100% confirmed by the doctors because we didn't wanna Jinx it at all. But it was exciting none the less.

My fiancee and i found out we're going to be parents, due date is late June 2012, This is the most amazing news of my entire life, i dont believe that anything in this world could ever top this. I'm gonna do the best and hardest to be a good parent and more, words cannot describe how i feel about this.

Congrats, H!

Congrats man

Good luck! Believe me, the feeling you have on the big day will top the day you heard the news. It just gets better. Enjoy it.

And it just get better from there. Congrats!

Good luck! Believe me, the feeling you have on the big day will top the day you heard the news. It just gets better. Enjoy it.

Thank you very much, i agree, once the baby is born its only going to top this and get better

Congrats, H!

Thanks a lot Hoss, i appreciate it very much

Congrats man

Thanks Bobby

Congrats!!!

Thanks a bunch man

Congrats!!

And it just get better from there. Congrats!

You're right, i'm so excited, i went from having noting in my life to now having life just getting better and better every day. Its amazing.

Thank you all!

I went from 180lbs to 163lbs since I started playing ice hockey again. Just about a year. There's also a HUGE difference in my stamina since my first game back. I love ice hockey!

Edited by 5 Minute Major