Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Found a pair of mint Betty Flyweights for my wife -- after literally years of looking -- and they fit beautifully. Time to take her for a spin at the Ricoh Coliseum...

Looking at 60 degree weather in Boston for the next two weeks, with some days getting up to 70. Considering this time last year we were in the 20s and 30s and digging out of record snowfalls, I'll take it.

Looking at 60 degree weather in Boston for the next two weeks, with some days getting up to 70. Considering this time last year we were in the 20s and 30s and digging out of record snowfalls, I'll take it.

Right?! I'm getting my road bike ready for the weekend!

Bittersweet one for me. Our team won the game and the championship series tonight, but I wasn't able to be there for the game. Pretty fitting though as I missed almost half the games for the season. I put up some of my best individual numbers this season and ran a scoring streak from the first game into the playoffs. Now to build on that for next year.

Due to the fire and subsequent blackout in Boston, my office was closed for two days. I used those two days to sleep in and get some stick and puck in. Good times.

Edited by hockeymass

It remains to be seen...so we'll call it sweet for now. BCE (Bell) bought Astral Media last week. $3.38 BILLION !!!!!!!

It'll be at least 9 months before our new overlords...oops, I mean owners...are in power with us...I hope to get a discount on my TV/Internet & Cell! :) Well, that AND keep my job! On second thought...maybe this SHOULD be a vent! LOL

Got promoted finally on my team as promised due to my work done so far, and on wednesday they put me coaching new people on the team and current also. Four hours into my shift my Fiancee called and i had to leave on emergency to rush her to the doctor.

When i came back the next day my boss yanked me into his office and said "someone went to the director and said they had proof of you cursing out customers (which is a instant dismissal) and being rude unprofessional and repulsive to the new team members for you entire 8 hour shift, so you're un promoted, and now have to sit by my desk to watch you"

I said "no way dude i would have been fired if i did that, and i wasnt here for 8 hours! and did he provide the proof? no? and they still believed him!?"

so i took my boss to my computer and showed him a conversation of the person who went and said that about me to the boss, and he said all the same exact things on our private chat, which i never responded to since i dont want to lose my job. and showed him the part where he said he was going to ruin me and my job

Boss took copies of the chat, escalated it, and dude got fired yesterday morning.

Honesty wins. Yet again.

Edited by Thinkingjack

Got promoted finally on my team as promised due to my work done so far, and on wednesday they put me coaching new people on the team and current also. Four hours into my shift my Fiancee called and i had to leave on emergency to rush her to the doctor.

When i came back the next day my boss yanked me into his office and said "someone went to the director and said they had proof of you cursing out customers (which is a instant dismissal) and being rude unprofessional and repulsive to the new team members for you entire 8 hour shift, so you're un promoted, and now have to sit by my desk to watch you"

I said "no way dude i would have been fired if i did that, and i wasnt here for 8 hours! and did he provide the proof? no? and they still believed him!?"

so i took my boss to my computer and showed him a conversation of the person who went and said that about me to the boss, and he said all the same exact things on our private chat, which i never responded to since i dont want to lose my job. and showed him the part where he said he was going to ruin me and my job

Boss took copies of the chat, escalated it, and dude got fired yesterday morning.

Honesty wins. Yet again.

I don't know how you get in the middle of so much stuff; you've really got an eventful life. I'm glad this one worked out well for you. So are you re-promoted?

i am not repromoted but i dont really care about the promotion at this point anymore since i've been contemplating switching and finishing the degree in medical i was going for so i think it's time to step into that field and just go from there and get a career and better pay

Birth of my son, Brenden.

Welcome in the gang of the insomniacs zombies! Best gang in the world!

For my sweet part, no more swinging schedules at job, got a new place and will be there for 3 years (rotation time for us). 7 days of work, 7 days off then 5 days of work and 2 days off... gonna ben fun!

Since its been a major venting for me on the septoplasty! the splints came out (honestly couldnt believe they were about the size of my pinky...feel free to google septoplasty splints if you want to see) but its now sweet because i can breathe again!!!