Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Hi i just finally got into the modsquadhockey community and i guess the best thing about it (besides all the great hockey news) just to get to meet or talk etc with people that are on the same page as i am. I've been into this page for so long and i had so many great times reading your quotes guys and always thought inside myself man those dudes are awesome. I live in germany not far from munich and i play beer league. I'm 25 and a die hard flyers fan and my favorite color is orange. So i guess just to be surrounded by people like you and have something in common as great as the coolest game on earth is my own special sweet spot. Thanks for reading:)

My question is, how and why did you become a FlyBoys fan ha? Are you a transplant? If not, I am interested in your story.

My question is, how and why did you become a FlyBoys fan ha? Are you a transplant? If not, I am interested in your story.

His favorite color is orange :rolleyes:

close but not true:) actually i'm a fan since the worst year in franchise history 06/07 where gagne scored 40+ goals and hartsy and kimmo jumped on board. But the real reason is my all time favorite player simon gagne. I bought a bauer hockey stick and the pattern was P 106 gagne. So i watched the online nhl highlights as much as possible to see what kind of player he was. So thats about it pretty much i really enjoyed watching him as a player and also the team more and more. I really like their style of play, their attitude and also i really like their history. The worst day since i'm a fan was when homer traded gagne to tampa. Man that was tough but after a while i could see why he did so i guess. With his injury situation especially his concussion problems in combination with his salary back than i could see homer doing his business but still would love to see him back. So for now i really enjoyed the season exept the end and i really look forward where this team is going with all the youth the good core and everything. Maybe bryz takes it easy in his second year and we will finally go all the way. I also really like cootsy and his potential. He can become a really star on this team. So thats my flyers story hope you enjoyed the read

Lucky!!! I was down there the other day and it's incredible!!! I wish I didn't live 20 minutes away so try and work there :(

Yea I'm being transferred to the Robinson store when it opens so that will be a bit more of a hike but it's supposed to be a good store to "grow with the company".

Yea I'm being transferred to the Robinson store when it opens so that will be a bit more of a hike but it's supposed to be a good store to "grow with the company".

When does that one open? That is relatively close to my in-laws.

close but not true:) actually i'm a fan since the worst year in franchise history 06/07 where gagne scored 40+ goals and hartsy and kimmo jumped on board. But the real reason is my all time favorite player simon gagne. I bought a bauer hockey stick and the pattern was P 106 gagne. So i watched the online nhl highlights as much as possible to see what kind of player he was. So thats about it pretty much i really enjoyed watching him as a player and also the team more and more. I really like their style of play, their attitude and also i really like their history. The worst day since i'm a fan was when homer traded gagne to tampa. Man that was tough but after a while i could see why he did so i guess. With his injury situation especially his concussion problems in combination with his salary back than i could see homer doing his business but still would love to see him back. So for now i really enjoyed the season exept the end and i really look forward where this team is going with all the youth the good core and everything. Maybe bryz takes it easy in his second year and we will finally go all the way. I also really like cootsy and his potential. He can become a really star on this team. So thats my flyers story hope you enjoyed the read

Yea that year was brutal. Not to mention that the Flyers ended up with JVR even though they had the worst regular season record ha. Well I am sorry you picked such a frustrating team to root for (@ times) but welcome aboard haha. Gags was the man. I can still see him streaking down the left wing and letting that snap shot go....

To give a run-down of where I am: I have struggled with some form of depression in one way or another since I was about 13 years old. My grandfather (responsible for raising me in all but the living in the same house way) passed away when I was 15 and I repressed almost all forms of emotion since. I would have an outburst here and there of rage, or uncontrollable sadness but nothing I was ever able to not control. Fast forward last 7 months and I have not been able to repress it or control it. It has affected my work, friendships, and relationship.

Why is this in the "sweet spot" you may be asking. Well about 35 days ago I decided it was time to admit it was a problem. With more help than I think I deserved from someone that I hurt the most because of it, I was able to stop feeling sorry for myself and start doing something to change it. Namely, talk openly with other people about the pain I was experiencing, seek some professional help, and get back to the gym.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, even though I know that it is still a long journey to reach.

To give a run-down of where I am: I have struggled with some form of depression in one way or another since I was about 13 years old. My grandfather (responsible for raising me in all but the living in the same house way) passed away when I was 15 and I repressed almost all forms of emotion since. I would have an outburst here and there of rage, or uncontrollable sadness but nothing I was ever able to not control. Fast forward last 7 months and I have not been able to repress it or control it. It has affected my work, friendships, and relationship.

Why is this in the "sweet spot" you may be asking. Well about 35 days ago I decided it was time to admit it was a problem. With more help than I think I deserved from someone that I hurt the most because of it, I was able to stop feeling sorry for myself and start doing something to change it. Namely, talk openly with other people about the pain I was experiencing, seek some professional help, and get back to the gym.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, even though I know that it is still a long journey to reach.

Great news! I have been dealing with the same thing since I was about 13 as well. Talking to someone helped me so much, and helped my good days begin to outnumber my bad ones.

Admitting it and facing it makes a ton of difference and it makes it easier to control. The tough part is that it's much like an addiction in that you always have to monitor yourself and know when it's becoming a problem.

Admitting it and facing it makes a ton of difference and it makes it easier to control. The tough part is that it's much like an addiction in that you always have to monitor yourself and know when it's becoming a problem.

I agree 100%, all the times I was able to "control" it in the past was like patching a hole in a submarine with chewing gum and scotch tape. This time feels different somehow. I think it is because I have willing let some trusted people in on what is going on with me and where it originates from and how I can go about letting go and forgiving for what caused me to end up where I was.

I will say this, I never really thought much of how much bullying can affect the balance of an individual until I really did some soul searching and found out most of my insecurities, anger, and depression originate in one specific place and time in my life.

Yeah we got jvr that draft but he still is not where i think he can be. I have a feeling that the upcoming season is some kind of make or break especially with the contract he signed that kicks in now. I think it s his last chance to make it happen or the trade rumores that surrounded him past season will become reality i think. I wish he can be the guy he was against the bruins last season. That would be also some kind of sweet spot.

Yea that year was brutal. Not to mention that the Flyers ended up with JVR even though they had the worst regular season record ha. Well I am sorry you picked such a frustrating team to root for (@ times) but welcome aboard haha. Gags was the man. I can still see him streaking down the left wing and letting that snap shot go....

sorry that should come out different:) cant wait for my new laptop. Its so shitty do all my internet stuff on my mobile phone:) but better than nothing

oh man you are so right! i wish he would still score for the orange&black. Maybe one day he'll be back but i'm not seeing that happen. Last time i heard him say that he is thinking about retirement because all of his concussion problems. Oh boy that would be a really bad day. Hope sutter lets him play at least one game in the finals and he finally can lift the cup hes always dreamed of.

1st Career hat trick woooo

Nice! Great feeling, isn't it!? I haven't scored a hatty since '94 when I stopped playing. The closest I've been since I started playing over a year and a half ago was a 2 goal game. I'm still rusty as hell and can't keep up with the youngin's! ha!