Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Thanks guys, and this is #5. We'll call him Johnny 5.

Congrats!

We are having our third and it's our first boy. I'm calling it good at 3 kids though. Can't imagine 5!

Oh...and we are moving into the new house tomorrow. Had the new fridge delivered today. Picked up a bunk bed set for the kids and got it all cleaned up for the move last night. Great feeling knowing we will be living in the home in another 24hours.

After a crapy work situtaion lately, playing a good well matched game feels pretty excellent. Not to mention a goal for myslef last night. (That's not a common thing)

Scored my third and final win of the season, in the same score we lost the first one by(7-5) Best game I've played all semester long. Shame we couldn't do this for 5 of the 8 losses or we'd be competing for the championship this semester.

Edited by bostoncrimsonsox

Finally got a job interview that doesn't involve retail. Hopefully it goes through and I don't have to go through another hours cut because "we don't have hours for you" excuse I get every year

Spent a couple days trying to figure out a frozen drink recipe. I think I have it nailed, will probably be nailed all weekend if things work out.

After a brief lesson in small engine repair from my neighbour and a couple days of fussing, spraying, wiggling (cables and wires...not me) and cursing...I got the damn snow blower to start. Unfortunately, I had already done most of the shovelling by hand...because I didn't want to risk not having any day light left if it didn't run...but I did have it for the path down the side of the house to the back door...which would have sucked to do by hand.

But, as a Man vs. Machine moment...I get the point and that's all that matters!

Honestly, I heard there was "some" snow expected. Didn't expect what we got. I think I used the damn thing once last year, and it started/ran fine...so checking it didn't even cross my mind.

Something I learned watching my father many years ago: a snowblower that runs in November never starts in December.
Far be it from me to comment on your father's technique, but it does for me.

Honestly, I heard there was "some" snow expected. Didn't expect what we got. I think I used the damn thing once last year, and it started/ran fine...so checking it didn't even cross my mind.
If you don't do anything about the gas in the meantime, you can have problems.

I've had different people tell me different things about that. One guy said drain the gas and store it empty, another said to leave gas it it to avoid any dirt/debris build up. I've always left gas in it...this is the first year I've had problems...it's an old machine anyway, I got it from a friend for nothing....it really doesn't owe me anything at this point.

I'm just glad it only took some time and a $6 can of Carb cleaner....anything more than that in parts would not be worth it.

I've heard that gas with ethanol can create a varnish in the carburetor that causes problems, if the fuel stands in there for a while. There are products you can add to the fuel if the machine will be down for a season.

I bought my snowblower new 5 years ago and have done oil changes and used the fuel stabilizer every year but I still had to dismantle and clean the entire carb and replace the spark plug this year.

I appreciate all the time I spent with my dad working on skidoos and snowblowers, it has saved me a bunch of money.

Minideej's team won the mid-season house league tourney. Not bad at all for only being in country for 2 months and the team not winning a single game previously.

final.jpg

He's the goalie holding the cup. :biggrin:

Bears finally dumped Lovie Smith.

Your excitement for getting rid of him probably equals my excitement that the Bills might get him. Apparently, he has already contacted he Bills saying he is interested.

You're welcome to him. Among his weaknesses are indecision, poor game management, and fear. The Bears consistently played like a poorly coached team. His defenses, which seem to be what the bouncing heads credit him for, are not that good. Turnovers are a nice thing to add to a defense, but are no substitute for quality defense.

So we'd be trading "....indecision, poor game management, and fear" for "...indecision, poor game management, and fear"

The biggest difference I see is that the Bears have played meaningful games in December, made the playoffs (or been very close) and have actually played in a SB in the last 13 years. All things I can't say about Buffalo...so, he has had a certain amount of success in the League.

Little enough success that I question whether he was a pilot or a passenger.

Yes, the Bears have played meaningful games in December. And lost. This season was a great example -- 7-1 to start, with an easier schedule, then 3-5 to finish, with a tougher schedule. One telling statistic they showed us here was his good career record against teams below .500, and his poor career record against teams .500 or better. Be careful what you wish for.

Their undoing was having Tice as OC. Not that Smith didn't have his faults, but they should have addressed the OC position before this last season so they could have someone who knew to work with what tools they have. They also need some NFL-caliber linemen.